Busted: BP helped craft the 'Cap & Trade' bill. This has been a Obama ruse all along.

This has been a sinister scam all along so American energy companies, Small mom and pop domestic drilling businesses, refineries, coal mines, etc would be taxed to death and penalized for not meeting the standards set by the new regulations. The whole idea is to keep their (BP's) competition down.

CNSNews.com - McConnell Charges That ?Major Part? of Democrats? Cap-Trade Bill ?Essentially Written by BP?

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said that BP, the energy company responsible for the ongoing oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, helped craft the bill proposed by Sens. John Kerry (D-Mass.) and Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) that would tax businesses for carbon emissions and raise the cost of fuel for American consumers.

“The problem for Democrats is that debating the Democrat cap-and-trade bill might not fit neatly into the White House messaging plan since it’s been widely reported that a major part, a major part of the Kerry-Lieberman bill was essentially written by BP,” McConnell said on the Senate floor on Wednesday. “Let me say that again. A major part of the Kerry-Lieberman bill was written by BP. This is clearly an inconvenient fact.”

Remainder of story HERE.

Well, hell........they wrote ALL of the previous administration's energy plan.

But it is okay for BP to write the Bill, right?

Think about it--Do you really trust government to create and enforce the law??:tongue:

If you're not an American you can take your opinion on what America should do vis a vis cap and trade and shove it up your fucking ass. I've about had it with foreigners trying to dictate to us what our policies should be.

Guess what freak? I drive a little sports car that gets 8 mpg, see below. And the whole time I'm toodling around spewing carbon dioxide I thank God I'm an American so I can tell wipe my ass with your opinion. :lol:

Now you know how the rest of the world feels about the US with regard to telling other people what to do..

It doesn't surprise me at all you drive such a car. Narcissism is at the very core of a US neocon's psyche....

Not to hijack the thread, but I drive a '72 Ford Bronco with a 351W and Holley carb. Got it dialed down to about 6mpg, but man does it sound good!

I know the tree-huggers think I'm probably going to hell, but I'm going with the top off, and riding over anything that gets in my way!

obama should be impeached.

No question in my mind. Any president that fucks around for over a month and allows the gulf of Mexico to be destroy should be thrown out on his ass. He just killed tens of thousands of jobs too. SAD.

I agree - All they want is power and control, none of his cronies figured on the 70% or more of Americans who belive in capitalism and the constitution , they only figured on about 25% of the country being that way. So now they don't know what to do.

Last edited:
Not to hijack the thread, but I drive a '72 Ford Bronco with a 351W and Holley carb. Got it dialed down to about 6mpg, but man does it sound good!

I know the tree-huggers think I'm probably going to hell, but I'm going with the top off, and riding over anything that gets in my way!

Have a '94 full-size with a 351 Windsor... love that damn truck. You can almost watch the fuel gauge move!

On the road I get about the same mileage with my toy, '78 F250 with a 460BB, that I've had for 20yrs and rebuilt a couple times.:cool:

Forum List

Back