Busted: BP helped craft the 'Cap & Trade' bill. This has been a Obama ruse all along.

USArmyRetired

Rookie
May 29, 2010
This has been a sinister scam all along so American energy companies, Small mom and pop domestic drilling businesses, refineries, coal mines, etc would be taxed to death and penalized for not meeting the standards set by the new regulations. The whole idea is to keep their (BP's) competition down.

CNSNews.com - McConnell Charges That ?Major Part? of Democrats? Cap-Trade Bill ?Essentially Written by BP?

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said that BP, the energy company responsible for the ongoing oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, helped craft the bill proposed by Sens. John Kerry (D-Mass.) and Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) that would tax businesses for carbon emissions and raise the cost of fuel for American consumers.

“The problem for Democrats is that debating the Democrat cap-and-trade bill might not fit neatly into the White House messaging plan since it’s been widely reported that a major part, a major part of the Kerry-Lieberman bill was essentially written by BP,” McConnell said on the Senate floor on Wednesday. “Let me say that again. A major part of the Kerry-Lieberman bill was written by BP. This is clearly an inconvenient fact.”

Remainder of story HERE.

Last edited:
This has been a sinister scam all along so American energy companies, Small mom and pop domestic drilling businesses, refineries, coal mines, etc would be taxed to death and penalized for not meeting the standards set by the new regulations. The whole idea is to keep their (BP's) competition down.

CNSNews.com - McConnell Charges That ?Major Part? of Democrats? Cap-Trade Bill ?Essentially Written by BP?

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said that BP, the energy company responsible for the ongoing oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, helped craft the bill proposed by Sens. John Kerry (D-Mass.) and Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) that would tax businesses for carbon emissions and raise the cost of fuel for American consumers.

“The problem for Democrats is that debating the Democrat cap-and-trade bill might not fit neatly into the White House messaging plan since it’s been widely reported that a major part, a major part of the Kerry-Lieberman bill was essentially written by BP,” McConnell said on the Senate floor on Wednesday. “Let me say that again. A major part of the Kerry-Lieberman bill was written by BP. This is clearly an inconvenient fact.”

McConnell made his comments at a time when Congress is debating a “compromise” global warming bill introduced in May by Kerry and Lieberman in the wake of the deep-water oil rig explosion in April that killed 11 men and has dumped thousands of crude oil into Gulf Coast waters.

The Republicans have never been the brightest bunch, but I swear to god now it's being run by a bunch of god damn lunatics!

Last edited:
Isn't this how most regulations are written? The Biggest Companies in an industry collaborate with the government to rig the game to squash the smaller competition. The goal is an oligopoly which pays off politicians and regulators to maintain the status quo. It's so much easier to agree with a small group how to divide up the pie, with the arrangement protected by the government, than it is to actually engage in real competition.

Let's see where this goes if anywhere. Could end up being a shitstorm, could get buried as kook conspiracy, I'm not sure which it is... yet.

Isn't this how most regulations are written? The Biggest Companies in an industry collaborate with the government to rig the game to squash the smaller competition. The goal is an oligopoly which pays off politicians and regulators to maintain the status quo. It's so much easier to agree with a small group how to divide up the pie, with the arrangement protected by the government, than it is to actually engage in real competition.

Obama has a word for this.

Competition.

It's the same thing they did with tobacco.

They gave the FDA control to ban flavored cigarettes and knocked out a ton of competition for big tobacco.

Except for menthol because big tobacco makes menthol and gives tons of money to both parties.

The government is the most evil corporation of all.

It will go somewhere....given that he said it on the Floor.

The majority of people in this country aren't wise enough to see the reality of Obamacare, so trusting that they will see BP's input into Cap and Trade as "a necessary evil" is a pretty big leap.

I honestly can't think of any way a "president" could create the cluster Maobama has without an intentional and monumental effort to do so. And I'm still not convinced that this isn't all intentional.

But I do know it is a cluster.

McConnell made his comments at a time when Congress is debating a “compromise” global warming bill introduced in May by Kerry and Lieberman in the wake of the deep-water oil rig explosion in April that killed 11 men and has dumped thousands of crude oil into Gulf Coast waters.

The Republicans have never been the brightest bunch, but I swear to god now it's being run by a bunch of god damn lunatics!

Meltdown alert.. meltdown alert meltdown alert..

So the source is CNS and Mitch McConnell who would do anything to have this piece of legislation derailed. And people are eating it up without question.

Because all I'm hearing from this thread is BAAAAAAAAA.

So the source is CNS and Mitch McConnell who would do anything to have this piece of legislation derailed. And people are eating it up without question.

Because all I'm hearing from this thread is BAAAAAAAAA.

Bullshit. Anyone with half a brain knew a year ago that this is EXACTLY what would go down. I've been waiting for it.

So you think destroying the economy with cap and trade is a good idea? Like we're not within a period of great pain already. Why is it so good liberals?

I am not an American therefore am not responsible for 25% of the world's pollutants. I have no sympathy for those who do not like the cap and trade idea. Maybe they'll put better systems so they don't pollute as much.....

LMAO..............BP AND the administration want this oil leak going for months!!!! Geee.........what a surprise!!!!!!!!

As Gibbs stated in the Press Conference the other day...."The more oil that spills the more money we get from them [BP]"......:lol: I think they are trying to balance the budget on fines to BP!!!!

Forum List

Back