Busoga murder trail: confessions to police

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Leader of the Shiite Muslim sect in Uganda Sheikh Abdulkadiri Muwaya was bent on doing what the Quran tells every Muslim to do – spreading Islam.

Many who knew Sheikh Muwaya say he devoted his energies on promoting Islam and thought every Muslim would support that mission.

Unfortunately, some saw his unwavering efforts towards elevating Allah’s message as a threat. They saw him as a man who was spreading the Shiite brand of Islam at the expense of the majority Sunni faithful in Busoga sub-region. They plotted to brutally stop him forthwith. So the plot was hatched. It had the ringleaders and the operatives.

Salim Yahaya, one of the accused, says he was contacted by certain prominent Sheikh in Busoga to execute the mission. Although Yahaya believed that Sheikh Muwaya had crossed the red line in his spread of the Shiite Islam teachings, he didn’t think of death as the option to counter the sheikh’s moves.

“At first, I disagreed with him that it was wrong to kill Sheikh Muwaya just because he was preaching Shiite beliefs to Sunni Muslims but he insisted. He promised me Shs40m to carry out the mission. For sure, I needed money but I had no means to carry out the attack,” Yahaya narrated to the Inspector General of Police, Gen Kale Kayihura and the Director of Criminal Investigations and Intelligence, Grace Akullo, at Nalufenya Police Station in Jinja on Thursday.

With mixed feelings, Yahaya says, he looked for another person who could execute the mission. Top on his list was Ali Kabambwe, a former Allied Democratic Forces rebel, whom he knew had a rifle.

When Yahaya met Kabambwe and briefed him about the deal and how much he would be paid if the mission was executed, Kabambwe accepted with a few conditions. He needed his clients to buy him a truck which he would use to earn daily income after completing the mission. The deal was sealed.
Busoga murder trail confessions to police - National - monitor.co.ug

Famous last words: I needed the money.
It's lengthy but interesting. It really is gang-banging.

Forum List

Back