Businessmen As US Presidents Just. Doesn't. Work.

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
The last and only two Presidents we've had that were actual and self-proclaimed businessmen were Herbert Hoover and George Walker Bush. And how did they turn out?

Both their Presidency's were COLOSSAL FAILURES.

We have to face it, the modern-day Republican meme that says that "we need a businessman to run the country" just. doesn't. work. Running a country is NOTHING like running a business.

When will the hard RWers get this through their thick skulls? I don't know.

*shrug*

if they were democrats we'd be reading

"businessmen as presidents work"
Stop crying because your Republican and self-proclaimed conservative policies DO. NOT. WORK.

MAN UP!!!

Jimmy Carter was a businessman.

Horrible President.

im not saying it works but the model of businessman isnt fully described in this half ass thread. Can Romney be a businessman and a good leader, yes, because success in business is helped by being a good leader. Businesses use many many talents and sometimes u might be weak in one skill or talent but be successful with another talent or skill/ the problem wit the OP as a poster is his description of the business man is NOT fully described OR where he is attempting to point the finger at which skill hes trying to demean Romney for.

Horrible President.

Really? Your response is MORE lies?

Get a clue batch...

List of Presidents of the United States by occupation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look for the keywords "investor" and "businessman"

Then get a clue on the DISMAL history of self-proclaimed and actual businessman in Office...

The Myth of the Businessman-President - NYTimes.com

Horrible President.

Really? Your response is MORE lies?

Get a clue batch...

List of Presidents of the United States by occupation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look for the keywords "investor" and "businessman"

Then get a clue on the DISMAL history of self-proclaimed and actual businessman in Office...

The Myth of the Businessman-President - NYTimes.com

So how do Community Organizers stand up next to business men?

Government is not a business.

its also not a hand out but did that stop corzine for thinking he could run NJ like one? no it didnt and yes it didnt help NJ, only because Corzine was not as good as he thought he was.

Stop crying because your Republican and self-proclaimed conservative policies DO. NOT. WORK.

MAN UP!!!

i see more conservatism with liberals than i do liberalism with conservatives. open ur eyes and really see the middle and poor class.
That much is true, liberals, certainly Obama, today are far more conservative than actual self-proclaimed, modern-day Conservatives.

These self-proclaimers are simply hardcore, rightwing reactionaries. Nothing more, nothing less.

The last and only two Presidents we've had that were actual and self-proclaimed businessmen were Herbert Hoover and George Walker Bush. And how did they turn out?

We have to face it, the modern-day Republican meme that says that "we need a businessman to run the country" just. doesn't. work. Running a country is NOTHING like running a business.

*shrug*

Community Orgaziner as Resident-Select...

$16,015,769,788,215.80 | The Weekly Standard

MAN UP!!!

i see more conservatism with liberals than i do liberalism with conservatives. open ur eyes and really see the middle and poor class.
That much is true, liberals, certainly Obama, today are far more conservative than actual self-proclaimed, modern-day Conservatives.

These self-proclaimers are simply hardcore, rightwing reactionaries. Nothing more, nothing less.

wont argue that.

*shrug*

Spot on!
Self described businessman Presidents Hoover and Bush 43 turned out to be total failures -- both drove our country into it's worst economic collapses in history however-------however self described failed businessman, Harry Truman is on many-many lists as a great President.

*shrug*

But former actors do the best job, right Marc-ey???

Forum List

Back