Bush's Speech about the War on Terror

In watching the different Democratic pundits on TV afterwards on different channels (gotta love whomever invented the remote control!), I had to laugh.

On NBC you had Bidon saying, "I just returned from Iraq and all the Generals, without exception, told me we don't have enough troops on the ground." Then I turn to FOX where Wesley Clark is on and he says, "I just returned from Iraq and the commanders on the ground tell me they have enough troops.". I then turn to another station where the democrat is saying, "the Iraqi's don't want the US occupation forces there, Bush must set a deadline to get them out". Then I turn to another station and a democrat there is saying, "the Iraqi's will welcome more US troops if they believe it will hasten their security."

They are contradicting themselves on all the different channels. Either somebody screwed up and didn't get them their talking point memos on time or they really (this is a more likely scenario) have NO CLUE what they are doing other than opposing Bush.

Lastly, I keep hearing how Bush needs to tell the American people his plan....

Did Roosevelt go on the radio and tell America that on 6 June 1944 we were going to invade Normandy? These liberals are idiots. The American people don't need to know our military plans. They just need to know our President is going to stay the course until the job is done.

The Dems don't seem to quite get it... when Bush clearly states that he is confident about what his Generals tell him about the troop levels being sufficient, and that the situation is improving, and comes out on national television to state such facts, all the Dems want to do is to drum up facts to the otherwise, despite the statement from Wesley Clark, the ex-General malcontent (who ran against Bush no less) to state the opposite of the next obvious liberal mantra.

I don't know how they have a twig to stand on at this point. I relished Bush's speech finally putting the Libs into a corner they cannot debate out of.

Forum List

Back