Bush's privitization flop

Having an IQ lower than the average for graduate students does not make a prospective educator a dummy. You are comparing them to a sample that is more intelligent than the general population, and drawing an unsupported inference that they don't know "their shit".

I am simply pointing out the folly of rejecting people from industry--who are intimately familiar with what industry wants--because they don't have a degree in teaching. The fact that they actually know the material forwards and backwards ought to count 10x more than some fluff class about different learning styles and teaching strategies. The reason they have to get a masters in teaching is just a screening device by the teaching guild to keep the supply of labor restricted.

Without a link, I can't challenge the study you cite head-on. I can suggest that your "fun fact", if true, refutes your notion that government agencies are "immune to supply and demand".

No it doesn't. Government schools are immune to customer demands for the most part, so they can afford to squander their budgets on bloated administrations while skimping on teaching talent. Take profit motive out of the equation, and you make economic calculation impossible.

The students with higher IQs have more career options available, and because education is badly underfunded,

Teachers may be badly underfunded; but education taken as a whole isn't. US school systems spend an average of $8,700 per student, per year. This is a good bit higher than many other nations.

source
source 2

Forum List

Back