Bush's pep rally

The actual joke was, "A year ago my approval rating was in the 30s, my nominee for the Supreme Court had just withdrawn, and my vice president had shot someone. Ah, those were the good ol' days."

Look, it's tradition for the President to joke at this dinner, big deal. As for realizing "his presidency is going down the toilet," he'd have to be a complete idiot (some say he's never completed anything) not to realize there are serious issues within his administration and concerns about his policies. What are you going to do? His sense of humor may be the only thing keeping him from nuking Iran.

Yeah, the President's a funny guy... remember the "hunt around the White House for WMD's video"? that was brilliant comedy. In the meantime, how many of our servicemen and women have died because they didn't exist any longer?

That would be great if a sense of humor could run a country or sign a bill. He would be a much better stand up comedian, even during his speaches he slightly smiles when talking about serious issues.

Forum List

Back