Bush's news conference

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Bush talked about several things including social security, energy, and court appointments, but somehow his news conference managed to avoid the border problem once again. :huh:

On social security Michelle Malkin gave a good summary, here's some exerpts on what she wrote:

"I propose a Social Security system in the future where benefits for low-income workers will grow faster than benefits for people who are better off," President Bush said at his news conference last night. "This reform would solve most of the funding challenges facing Social Security."

Democrats claim that Bush's plan constitutes a "cut" in future benefits for upper-income workers. That claim is being uncritically echoed by most MSM outlets.

If you read the New York Times, Washington Post, Associated Press, and liberal bloggers like Marshall you could be forgiven for thinking that, under Bush's plan, wealthy retirees will get less money in the future than they do now. That is not the case.

Yes, Bush's indexing plan is "cutting benefits" in the sense that upper-income beneficiaries would get less money than under the status quo. But no retiree is going to see his or her standard of living decline relative to where it stands now.

Those who oppose Bush's indexing plan are arguing, in essence, that Social Security benefits to upper-income beneficiaries should continue to grow faster than the rate of inflation. That's reckless given the program's long-term fiscal problems.

Bush's indexing plan is moderate and reasonable. Unfortunately, the combination of Democrats' demagoguery and the MSM's relentlessly negative coverage may bring the plan down before it even gets off the ground.

http://www.michellemalkin.com/

I was hoping a reporter would ask a question regarding our borders so I guess they are as much at fault as anyone here. All in all he did a great job I thought and clearly pointed out how the juducial nominee filibuster is another case of politics as usual. The dems are using those who hate fundemental Christianity to help drum up propaganda about creating a theocracy when the TRUTH is that a consservative judge just might mess up thier commiunist agenda.

just for context.....familiy is R...dad was a R politician for 20 years...brother wroked for regan and bush I.....godfather was NRC charmain...that said

bush little nod wink and smile is starting to get on my nerves

dilloduck said:
I was hoping a reporter would ask a question regarding our borders so I guess they are as much at fault as anyone here. All in all he did a great job I thought and clearly pointed out how the juducial nominee filibuster is another case of politics as usual. The dems are using those who hate fundemental Christianity to help drum up propaganda about creating a theocracy when the TRUTH is that a consservative judge just might mess up thier commiunist agenda.

Questions were preapproved via Carl Rove...Questions about Border issues as well as Job outsourcing etc were not allowed...I'm with Manu GW's wink and nods are getting on my nerves as well... :coffee3:
Also the SSA issue is DOA I wish he would move on to issues we are really concerned about!

archangel said:
Questions were preapproved via Carl Rove...Questions about Border issues as well as Job outsourcing etc were not allowed...I'm with Manu GW's wink and nods are getting on my nerves as well... :coffee3:
Also the SSA issue is DOA I wish he would move on to issues we are really concerned about!

Every issue will be DOA---may as well just sit on our asses and watch

dilloduck said:
Every issue will be DOA---may as well just sit on our asses and watch

Well,sad but true.....It's pathetic that our elected officials just give us the old thumb nose and smile while they do it! :teeth:

dilloduck said:
and where did you find that Rove vetted the questions?

It was discussed on talk radio shows of the conservative ilk..I have no reason to doubt them knowing Roves mentality!

archangel said:
It was discussed on talk radio shows of the conservative ilk..I have no reason to doubt them knowing Roves mentality!
Wonder how the Cheney comment slipped through ?

dilloduck said:
Wonder how the Cheney comment slipped through ?

I suppose it was fair game since Carl approved questions on SSA...tacky yes..
but was open invitation! :rolleyes:

New Topics

Forum List

Back