Bush's invisible tax increase

So the debt will continue forever and I simply don't care how big it gets. It is irrelevant.

you should care....two reasons off the top of my head

-it devalues the dollar

-last year we paid $300 billion out of our budget JUST for the interest payment on that debt....and this is with very low interest rates...when they rise it could be 500 billion a year and the CBO estimates in less than a couple of decades 25% of all taxes collected will have to go towards paying the interest on the debt....giving us nothing for those tax dollars

care

What gets me is the Fed and policy makers will now use June inflation numbers, a month in which oil and gasoline EXPLODED in price to make policy on, when anyone with a brain larger than a walnut can see that gasoline is down .50 or more in just three weeks and grain prices down as well, and when August number come out some time in October, we may have JOLTED from modest inflation into a DEFLATIONARY period just like that!! Energy prices control EVERYTHING. When they go up EVERYTHING goes up, when the come down, most things level out or even DECLINE. Add to that continuing falling real estate values....

You are avoiding the fact that the top 1 percent controlled the government for the last 8 yrs and they created and benefitted from all the troubles we've had. Even when they got hurt too because of their radical plans, they just bailed out the lenders.

You upper middle classers, with all the harm they did, you didn't make shit. You about broke even. Some of you lost your jobs too. Its ok until it happens to you.

Anyone middle class or worse should not be voting gop. Only the top 1 percent.

The recent deficits are fueled by spending growing exponentially. Tax revenues have continued to increase while spending has morphed the recent gains in tax revenue....

90% of the National Debt was created by the irresponsibly policies of Reagan and Bush.

Supply side economics has been a disaster. We are seeing the results now with rising inflation.

Spending is only one half of the ledger. Cutting taxes while increasing spending creates HUGE deficits, 8 trillion and counting.....

ReaganBushDebt.org

The debt as a percentage of GDP is nowhere near record levels. It just rolls along. As it will for the rest of your lifetime no matter who is in the White House or controls Congress. So get used to it.

You are avoiding the fact that the top 1 percent controlled the government for the last 8 yrs and they created and benefitted from all the troubles we've had. Even when they got hurt too because of their radical plans, they just bailed out the lenders.

You upper middle classers, with all the harm they did, you didn't make shit. You about broke even. Some of you lost your jobs too. Its ok until it happens to you.

The top 1% has controlled the US Government for 220 years now, so what?

As for me, I make money no matter what the economy does....because I understand how the markets work. Markets going down are great money makers. In some ways better than bull markets....

The debt as a percentage of GDP is nowhere near record levels. It just rolls along. As it will for the rest of your lifetime no matter who is in the White House or controls Congress. So get used to it.

The same thing happened here in Virginia. The Republican governor cut taxes and increased spending and created a one billion dollar budget deficit. Democrat Mark Warner was elected, and he balanced the budget and became the most popular governor in Virginia's history. In November he will be elected to the Senate to help the Democratic majority.

The same thing happened here in Virginia. The Republican governor cut taxes and increased spending and created a one billion dollar budget deficit. Democrat Mark Warner was elected, and he balanced the budget and became the most popular governor in Virginia's history. In November he will be elected to the Senate to help the Democratic majority.

Yet the current governor Democrat Tim Kaine runs a huge budget deficit....

90% of the National Debt was created by the irresponsibly policies of Reagan and Bush.

Supply side economics has been a disaster. We are seeing the results now with rising inflation.

Omg....how many times are you going to repeat this same lie.....

Presidents don't pass any spending bills, its Congress...

Omg....how many times are you going to repeat this same lie.....

Presidents don't pass any spending bills, its Congress...

Tom Delay's congress gave bush everything he wanted and bush didn't veto any of delays shady requests.

They doubled the debt working together. You can't empty the treasury without cooperation.

I think the dems will be fiscally responsible. I've been hearing about dems from virginia and colorado who are responsibe with money.

Clinton was too.

We have no reason not to trust obama, reed and pelosi. we have every reason not to trust mccain or the gop.

Don't worry, we'll fix the mess the gop made. don't we always?

Tom Delay's congress gave bush everything he wanted and bush didn't veto any of delays shady requests.

They doubled the debt working together. You can't empty the treasury without cooperation.

I think the dems will be fiscally responsible. I've been hearing about dems from virginia and colorado who are responsibe with money.

Clinton was too.

We have no reason not to trust obama, reed and pelosi. we have every reason not to trust mccain or the gop.

Don't worry, we'll fix the mess the gop made. don't we always?

Entitlement spending is the huge contributor to the national debt. Now tell me who created entitlements....

Entitlement spending is the huge contributor to the national debt. Now tell me who created entitlements....

Republicans

They created the single program that will bankrupt us as a country, their Medicare Pill Bill...

SS could have been tweeked and not broken us, IF CONGRESS had not already used over 3 TRILLION in SS surplus funds and counting.... to use towards the military, and other OVER SPENDING imo!

This administration and congress has basically stolen about HALF, nearly 1.5 TRILLION in just the 8 year term of Bush, of social security SURPLUSSES.....

care

The top 1% has controlled the US Government for 220 years now, so what?

As for me, I make money no matter what the economy does....because I understand how the markets work. Markets going down are great money makers. In some ways better than bull markets....

It takes money to make money, sport, regardless of what you know.

You could know the market's next move perfectly and without money to invest none of your brilliance matters a whit.

No it isn't.

Social security has more money than it currently needs because the baby boomer generation more than funded it.

It's not our fault of the Republicans pissed it all away.

Republicans

They created the single program that will bankrupt us as a country, their Medicare Pill Bill...

SS could have been tweeked and not broken us, IF CONGRESS had not already used over 3 TRILLION in SS surplus funds and counting.... to use towards the military, and other OVER SPENDING imo!

This administration and congress has basically stolen about HALF, nearly 1.5 TRILLION in just the 8 year term of Bush, of social security SURPLUSSES.....

care

Where are you getting the 3 trillion in SS surplus?

Where are you getting the 3 trillion in SS surplus?

The government increased the SSI and medicade percentages over 20 years ago to avoid a crises in funding of those programs, Chop.

Now admittedly, our government been pretending that that money was part of the general revenues, but really FICA and SSI are two different programs running on two differne tsets of books.

Hence SSI in accounting THEORY is not in finacial trouble.

In fact, our nation is a still going concern that is essantially bankrupt, much thanks to some very unwise taxation policies and of course, unwise spending and borrowing for the last thirty plus years.

I think it would be better to say..."if anyone who cares about the direction this country should go, should vote." The turnout for elections is abysmal. Until we hold elected officials accountable for their vote, it won't matter which party is in control. A small percentage of the people control the direction of the country. This small group is the group Obamma and McCain and every politician panders to.

Look at the voting records of your representative to see how they voted on budget appropriations and tax laws and hold their feet to the fire. If your rep voted for a budget that had huge deficets nd you think it is a big concern for you, tell them where it hurts...in your vote.

Does anyone have a link or know how McCain and Obamma voted on the last several budgets?

Watch cspan. They are talking about globalization. Talk about a double wammy. Get this. Here is another hidden tax increase, via the gop.

Tax payers pay for roads. Correct? Ok, so then republican governors in places like indiana are selling foreigners our roads and they are turning them into toll roads. So the next time you pay a toll, consider you are paying foreigners to drive on roads you already paid for. Talk about a hidden tax increase.

How free are we when we have to pay to go from point a to point b.

I can't watch. Too depressing.

Watch cspan. They are talking about globalization. Talk about a double wammy. Get this. Here is another hidden tax increase, via the gop.

Tax payers pay for roads. Correct? Ok, so then republican governors in places like indiana are selling foreigners our roads and they are turning them into toll roads. So the next time you pay a toll, consider you are paying foreigners to drive on roads you already paid for. Talk about a hidden tax increase.

How free are we when we have to pay to go from point a to point b.

I can't watch. Too depressing.

You sure you have all the facts. Are the toll booths being put up after the road is built or before? Is the state still paying for the maintenance of the roads after the tolls are in place?

How can one person in Indiana have that authority? What does the state congress do?

I think it would be better to say..."if anyone who cares about the direction this country should go, should vote." The turnout for elections is abysmal. Until we hold elected officials accountable for their vote, it won't matter which party is in control. A small percentage of the people control the direction of the country. This small group is the group Obamma and McCain and every politician panders to.

Look at the voting records of your representative to see how they voted on budget appropriations and tax laws and hold their feet to the fire. If your rep voted for a budget that had huge deficets nd you think it is a big concern for you, tell them where it hurts...in your vote.

Does anyone have a link or know how McCain and Obamma voted on the last several budgets?

I get emails everytime my reps vote. I almost always approve of how Debbie Stabinow and Carl Levin vote. Thaddius Mccotter, my rep, votes with bush 95 percent of the time.

There are special circumstances to why dems have voted for gop spending bills and telecom immunity. no sense in giving the gop ammo. So if you like spending our tax dollars in iraq when iraq has a $90 billion surplus, vote for mccain. obama is your only hope for change. how sure am I? at least as sure as I am mccain will continue on with bush's policies.

Do you want bush's policies and appointees staying in power?

do you like it that rumsfeld is still running the war?

do you want conservative supreme court justices?

How about tax breaks to companies that leave the US?

There must be issues you have with liberals that are so serious that you would continue bush's policies. what are they? gay marriage, abortion? something that trumps everything else.

You sure you have all the facts. Are the toll booths being put up after the road is built or before? Is the state still paying for the maintenance of the roads after the tolls are in place?

How can one person in Indiana have that authority? What does the state congress do?

When you are in debt, you start selling things you normally wouldn't sell. That's what the gop has done.

Same with the dubai port deal. Imagine selling port security to an arab country.

Yes, the gop can't afford to maintain our roads and spend all our money in iraq. they had to pick one. So now you and I will pay to drive thru indiana so haloburton can spend more in iraq.

Its sad when the gop can do anything they want and you choose to justify and defend thing that you know are not good for americans.

I know why they are selling off america cheap. been trying to stop it for 8 yrs now. even after the garage sale they still doubled the debt.

don't hope for change when you defend them when they fuck us. why should they stop when you defend them?

we voted them into power because the dems in the 80's weren't doing their job. now you need to vote the corrupt gop out. wake up.

Forum List

Back