Bush's Inaugeration spending

supermarine

Feb 3, 2004
Ok, lemmi get this streight before i tell u this. I am a staunch supporter of bush. But i have to say that 40 million on a inaugeration is way too much, especially during a war. I'm not saying that Kerry wouldn't do the same thing, or spend more. And yes i know that Clinton spent more money, i know i know i know. But i do think that 40 million is too much for anybody to spend on an inaugeration. It could be spent on Iraq or the education system, or the sunami victims. I am still a supporter of the bush administration, but my support wavers for him when decisions like these comes up. (no im not suggesting that i would change to a democrat, im just saying that sometimes i think that the politicians in general are asswipes.)

It was private donations that dunded that thing. Why do so many people get upset when people spend their own money on things like this? If it was 40 million taxpayer dollars I would be inclined to agree.

supermarine said:
Ok, lemmi get this streight before i tell u this. I am a staunch supporter of bush. But i have to say that 40 million on a inaugeration is way too much, especially during a war. I'm not saying that Kerry wouldn't do the same thing, or spend more. And yes i know that Clinton spent more money, i know i know i know. But i do think that 40 million is too much for anybody to spend on an inaugeration. It could be spent on Iraq or the education system, or the sunami victims. I am still a supporter of the bush administration, but my support wavers for him when decisions like these comes up. (no im not suggesting that i would change to a democrat, im just saying that sometimes i think that the politicians in general are asswipes.)

look, it was PRIVATE money and those people have a right to do what they want with THEIR money. I hate to say it, but do you honestly think that if they didn't spend it on the inauguration it would have went to the tsunami victims or the soldiers or their families? I doubt it. So why not celebrate our democracy and the process as has been done so often in history? Because of being PC?

theim said:
It was private donations that dunded that thing. Why do so many people get upset when people spend their own money on things like this? If it was 40 million taxpayer dollars I would be inclined to agree.

Agreed!! Additionally our governemnt and it's citizens have been extremely generous in giving to victims in South East Asia, which is the excuse the Democrats have been talking about adnauseum........

I have a great idea how about Hollywood gives up all the money they spend on designer gowns and jewels for Oscar night and donate that instead to flood victims everywhere????

Right Bonnie don't hold your breath :rotflmao:

Bonnie said:
I have a great idea how about Hollywood gives up all the money they spend on designer gowns and jewels for Oscar night and donate that instead to flood victims everywhere????
:rotflmao:

That was a good one, LOL!!! :D

Bonnie said:
I know Im so unrealistic sometimes :laugh:
LOL!! Seriously, just think how much money they could collect from that one event. And just by not buying something they'd probably only wear once anyway.
Amazing!

Bonnie said:
[/B]

Agreed!! Additionally our governemnt and it's citizens have been extremely generous in giving to victims in South East Asia, which is the excuse the Democrats have been talking about adnauseum........

Right Bonnie don't hold your breath :rotflmao:

Heheh. Yeah, don't hold your breath. That's what gets me about a lot of these actors. They always want the government to provide money for this that and the other thing, then go home to their $10 million homes with their fleet of expensive cars and the highly paid nanny that is raising their children. How about they find a cheaper place to live and give the difference to somebody who needs it.

Jimmyeatworld said:
Heheh. Yeah, don't hold your breath. That's what gets me about a lot of these actors. They always want the government to provide money for this that and the other thing, then go home to their $10 million homes with their fleet of expensive cars and the highly paid nanny that is raising their children. How about they find a cheaper place to live and give the difference to somebody who needs it.

You probably already know this, but Mikey Moore (Mr Im for the regular guy) sends his kids to private school in NY!

UsaPride said:
LOL!! Seriously, just think how much money they could collect from that one event. And just by not buying something they'd probably only wear once anyway.
Amazing!

I just love how they (Actors, uh excuse me" artists" ) think they are the only ones who have the right to earn big money, but if a CEO earns it, it must be because he screwed someone to get it, not that he/she actually worked hard for it!

Yes they are the only ones who deserve to make millions per year, drive SUVs and many different gas guzzling cars, send their kids to private school, live in large homes, buy expensive clothes and jewelry, and yes even furs............. :puke:

Katy Couric is making 16 million a year and word is she is about to get a substantial raise . . . if that doesn't make you throw up you should try out for "Fear Factor" . :puke:

supermarine said:

I do hope you realize that the money they spent goes right back into the economy. They used ALL local caterers, florists, and others to put this on. Those people get paid. Thus they now have money to improve their businesses or spend how THEY choose. The more of YOUR money you spend, the more helpful it is to the economy.

fuzzykitten99 said:
ugh! someone BRED with that lardass? You mean they actually could find his dick amongst all those folds of fat??? I WAS hungry, but I am trying to lose weight, so I guess I should be thanking you.

Hey 900 posts!

Scary isn't it!!!! congrats on the 900 posts!! :)

fuzzykitten99 said:
it reminds me of Austin Powers 2:

Austin: How could you sleep with Fat Bastard?
Felicity Shagwell: I did what I had to. I'm a secret agent.
Austin: No, I mean, literally, HOW could you do it? He's so fat, the sheer mechanics of it are mind-boggling.

What's worse I have heard he cheats on his wife regularly, gee what a shock :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back