Bush's Inaugeration spending

Discussion in 'Politics' started by supermarine, Jan 22, 2005.

1. supermarine

supermarine Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Ok, lemmi get this streight before i tell u this. I am a staunch supporter of bush. But i have to say that 40 million on a inaugeration is way too much, especially during a war. I'm not saying that Kerry wouldn't do the same thing, or spend more. And yes i know that Clinton spent more money, i know i know i know. But i do think that 40 million is too much for anybody to spend on an inaugeration. It could be spent on Iraq or the education system, or the sunami victims. I am still a supporter of the bush administration, but my support wavers for him when decisions like these comes up. (no im not suggesting that i would change to a democrat, im just saying that sometimes i think that the politicians in general are asswipes.)

2. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    It was private donations that dunded that thing. Why do so many people get upset when people spend their own money on things like this? If it was 40 million taxpayer dollars I would be inclined to agree.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    look, it was PRIVATE money and those people have a right to do what they want with THEIR money. I hate to say it, but do you honestly think that if they didn't spend it on the inauguration it would have went to the tsunami victims or the soldiers or their families? I doubt it. So why not celebrate our democracy and the process as has been done so often in history? Because of being PC?

4. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669

Agreed!! Additionally our governemnt and it's citizens have been extremely generous in giving to victims in South East Asia, which is the excuse the Democrats have been talking about adnauseum........

I have a great idea how about Hollywood gives up all the money they spend on designer gowns and jewels for Oscar night and donate that instead to flood victims everywhere????

Right Bonnie don't hold your breath :rotflmao:

5. UsaPride

UsaPride Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +198
    :rotflmao:

That was a good one, LOL!!! :D

6. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669

I know Im so unrealistic sometimes :laugh:

7. UsaPride

UsaPride Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +198
    LOL!! Seriously, just think how much money they could collect from that one event. And just by not buying something they'd probably only wear once anyway.
    Amazing!

8. Jimmyeatworld

Jimmyeatworld Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Heheh. Yeah, don't hold your breath. That's what gets me about a lot of these actors. They always want the government to provide money for this that and the other thing, then go home to their $10 million homes with their fleet of expensive cars and the highly paid nanny that is raising their children. How about they find a cheaper place to live and give the difference to somebody who needs it.

9. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    You probably already know this, but Mikey Moore (Mr Im for the regular guy) sends his kids to private school in NY!

10. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    I just love how they (Actors, uh excuse me" artists" ) think they are the only ones who have the right to earn big money, but if a CEO earns it, it must be because he screwed someone to get it, not that he/she actually worked hard for it!

Yes they are the only ones who deserve to make millions per year, drive SUVs and many different gas guzzling cars, send their kids to private school, live in large homes, buy expensive clothes and jewelry, and yes even furs............. :puke: