Bush's final F.U.

Another BS partisan thread. How easily ones forget what their side did when given the opportunity and of course because one bias writer publishes an article which states "this is the worse ever" then it must be true. How petty and childish. And yet at times we wonder why this nation is getting so fucked up. This is the game plated in the last days. The same game played by all, full knowing it is really meaningless. Eight years ago across the net these same comments exploded and were just as meaningless.

Did I say you were a "dumbass"?

You were condescending, hence not being respectful when you said:

And if they are smart, I have a lot of respect for them.

Thus you called me dumb. You disagree, you resort to name calling. Even a dumbass can see that.

I said you never read or addressed my post. And you didn't.

You know what I read? I think even a dumbass can see that you can't possibly know what I read.

It's all just more partisan hackery. If it's possible for a president to do all the terrible things Bush is supposed to be responsible for I'm sure having full presidential power Obama won't have any trouble undoing it.

For the record, I've never said a word on this board supporting Bush. I've only spoken against divisiveness. So maybe think about that while formulating your next knee-jerk reaction.

Keep your fantasies to yourself.
OK I'll try not to think of you as a Daily Kos reject, but you make it difficult.

Again, do tell what other possible reason would he be doing things that have to be undone come january.

i'll wait.
What has to be "undone come january" [sic]?:confused:

This is the second time I've asked you this question. Will you answer it this time? Or do you have some additional condition I should know of?

Loaded firearms would be allowed in national parks???

HOLY CRAP!!!! THAT'S THE MOST HORRIBLE THING I HAVE EVER HEARD!!!!!!

It seems I have broken the law many times. Now I wonder how many people were at risk because of that? :eusa_angel:

Bush's Final F.U. : Rolling Stone

Bush's Final F.U.
The administration is rushing to enact a host of last-minute regulations that will screw America for years to come

TIM DICKINSON

With president-elect Barack Obama already taking command of the financial crisis, it's tempting to think that regime change in America is a done deal. But if George Bush has his way, the country will be ruled by his slash-and-burn ideology for a long time to come.

In its final days, the administration is rushing to implement a sweeping array of "midnight regulations" — de facto laws issued by the executive branch — designed to lock in Bush's legacy. Under the last- minute rules, which can be extremely difficult to overturn, loaded firearms would be allowed in national parks, uranium mining would be permitted near the Grand Canyon and many injured consumers would no longer be able to sue negligent manufacturers in state courts. Other rules would gut the Endangered Species Act, open millions of acres of wild lands to mining, restrict access to birth control and put local cops to work spying for the federal government.

"It's what we've seen for Bush's whole tenure, only accelerated," says Gary Bass, executive director of the nonpartisan group OMB Watch. "They're using regulation to cement their deregulatory mind-set, which puts corporate interests above public interests."

While every modern president has implemented last-minute regulations, Bush is rolling them out at a record pace — nearly twice as many as Clinton, and five times more than Reagan. "The administration is handing out final favors to its friends," says Véronique de Rugy, a scholar at George Mason University who has tracked six decades of midnight regulations. "They couldn't do it earlier — there would have been too many political repercussions. But with the Republicans having lost seats in Congress and the presidency changing parties, Bush has nothing left to lose."

The most jaw-dropping of Bush's rule changes is his effort to eviscerate the Endangered Species Act. Under a rule submitted in November, federal agencies would no longer be required to have government scientists assess the impact on imperiled species before giving the go-ahead to logging, mining, drilling, highway building or other development. The rule would also prohibit federal agencies from taking climate change into account in weighing the impact of projects that increase greenhouse emissions — effectively dooming polar bears to death-by-global-warming. According to Carl Pope, executive director of the Sierra Club, "They've taken the single biggest threat to wildlife and said, 'We're going to pretend it doesn't exist, for regulatory purposes.'"

Bush is also implementing other environmental rules that will cater to the interests of many of his biggest benefactors:

BIG COAL In early December, the administration finalized a rule that allows the industry to dump waste from mountaintop mining into neighboring streams and valleys, a practice opposed by the governors of both Tennessee and Kentucky. "This makes it legal to use the most harmful coal-mining technology available," says Allen Hershkowitz, a senior scientist at the Natural Resources Defense Council. A separate rule also relaxes air-pollution standards near national parks, allowing Big Coal to build plants next to some of America's most spectacular vistas — even though nine of 10 EPA regional administrators dissented from the rule or criticized it in writing. "They're willing to sacrifice the laws that protect our national parks in order to build as many new coal plants as possible," says Mark Wenzler, director of clean-air programs for the National Parks Conservation Association. "This is the last gasp of Bush and Cheney's disastrous policy, and they've proven there's no line they won't cross."

BIG OIL In a rule that becomes effective just three days before Obama takes office, the administration has opened up nearly 2 million acres of mountainous lands in Colorado, Utah and Wyoming for the mining of oil shale — an energy-intensive process that also drains precious water resources. "The administration has admitted that it has no idea how much of Colorado's water supply would be required to develop oil shale, no idea where the power would come from and no idea whether the technology is even viable," says Sen. Ken Salazar of Colorado. What's more, Bush is slashing the royalties that Big Oil pays for oil-shale mining from 12.5 percent to five percent. "A pittance," says Salazar.

Follow the link for the entire article

Everyone of those edicts sounds right on and about perfect to me. Good for him.....

How long will the families of those that died in Iraq miss their sons and daughters?

You would hang that on Bush? Last time I checked we had an all-volunteer military. At least that's what my brother in Iraq believes.

you Would Hang That On Bush? Last Time I Checked We Had An All-volunteer Military. At Least That's What My Brother In Iraq Believes.

Stop-loss.. Btw hope your brother comes home safe. I have been to Iraq once already, scheduled for Kuwait in 2009..

Last edited:
And who's war of choice is it?

I hope your brother comes home safe.

No war is "of choice" to the folks who fight them. However those who sign up for the military do know that they are being trained to fight in one should it come up.

What did YOU think they were being trained for ??

Rightwingers have been instructed to say that Bush is really a liberal

don't see much conservatism in the No Child law, Medicare Drug Plan, UAW bailout, increasing gov't employment at a faster rate than private sector employment

in terms of domestic spending policies, he's been way to the left of Clinton

don't see much conservatism in the No Child law, Medicare Drug Plan, UAW bailout, increasing gov't employment at a faster rate than private sector employment

in terms of domestic spending policies, he's been way to the left of Clinton

Left, right, who cares?

Bush was incompetent.

probably as long as it takes to un-screw up what he's screwed up.

you don't think he deserves to be "beat on" for this? his policies and agenda were pretty well rejected... at least so says 365 electoral votes. Ummmmm.... No. The 365 Electoral Votes were a rejection of McCain/Palin. Bush was/is a successful 2 term president.

so why would you think it's ok for him to impose his agenda on the people who voted against him in the first place, just to make sure the new president has to hassle and undo the damage instead of being able to move forward from day one. Please see the above. No one voted for or against Bush this time out.

It's a lowlife move. In a fight, I think it would be called a sucker punch.

I don't think so. I think it's clear it's an FU to the incoming admin and the people who voted against him. Otherwise, why would he intentionally be doing things that only have to be undone come january 20th? Please see the above. No one voted for or against Bush this time out.

I think that he did the right thing based only on reading the posted portion of the article.

Forum List

Back