Bush's Errors

MJDuncan1982

Jun 29, 2004
Mississippi
Bush is human and is therefore fallible. It seems most people on this board think otherwise however. I would like to see an honest admission by some about what Bush has done wrong as President. This would validate many claims made as not being just driven by their love of Bush. Discussion does not go: Bush good, therefore everything he does is good nor does it go: Bush bad, therefore everything he does is bad.

This is a general request to anybody who vehemently defends Bush to reveal things they dislike about Bush.

MJDuncan1982 said:
Bush is human and is therefore fallible. It seems most people on this board think otherwise however. I would like to see an honest admission by some about what Bush has done wrong as President. This would validate many claims made as not being just driven by their love of Bush. Discussion does not go: Bush good, therefore everything he does is good nor does it go: Bush bad, therefore everything he does is bad.

This is a general request to anybody who vehemently defends Bush to reveal things they dislike about Bush.

I disagree with the premise of this post. No one has ever claimed to even implied Bush infalliable. Heck i dont consider the Bible in infalliable, why would i consider Bush as such?

We've had many disagreements with the President. if you bothered to read most of the posts it would be obvious which ones they are.

1)Illegal Immigration is a big one
2)His Medicare plan
3)Stupid f&*^%$ %)#%)@ Campaign Finance reform
4)Giving into democrats on the international oversight for this upcoming election.
5)Allowing Ted Kennedy to write the Education bill only to have Ted Kennedy attack him on his education policy.
6)Not defending his judicial nominees more and pushing them through harder.

OK, I'll start.

I think that Bush's stance on immigration is dead wrong. Bush should not placate immigrants by allowing amnesty. He should also put troops on the borders to keep the Mexicans out (and the Canadians, too, but I think that's a lot less of a problem).

I think that Bush's position on the federal government's role in education is wrong. The federal government should be less involved in education, not more involved. I do like school choice, but I don't like the federal mandate for it.

Signing CFR also sucked.

Medicare prescription drug benefit... not a big fan.

Thank you, this is a good start.

By the way, I never said anyone claimed Bush was infallible. I was merely setting up the post. And I have read many of these posts I would just like to see them all in one place to get the bigger picture.

Thanks to everyone for posting.

You share your list of concerns with Kerry first, if any. Remember him? Your candidate? I know it's hard to have criticisms when you know as well as I do he has given no concrete specifics of what he will do regarding most issues. Please try. Try to be a little open minded.

MJDuncan1982 said:

How about the same from the other side of the fence... an honest admission by some about what Bush has done right as President. This would validate many claims made as not being just driven by their hate of Bush.

Anyway, I thought that's what this whole board was about?

CSM said:
How about the same from the other side of the fence... an honest admission by some about what Bush has done right as President. This would validate many claims made as not being just driven by their hate of Bush.

Great Minds think alike ;) :D

Great post as well, however not this post. I would like to keep it narrow and concise.

Also, noticed I did hint some thought he was infallibe. Oops, should not have been in there. I wanted to set up a syllogism for the purpose of the post. Sorry.

CSM said:

Anyway, I thought that's what this whole board was about?

Oh come on CSM - give him a break. You really expect him to post everything that's wrong with kerry? With that much typing, the poor guy will wear his fingers down to the second knuckle!

No question that many of us disagree with Bush's stance on immigration. I also disagree with how he deals with Western Europe (France and Germany in particular). I am of the opinion that he knew a lot more about France's weapon sales than he let on. I am in disagreement on how he is handling North Korea as well.

Having said all that, I do not think that Kerry (or reaching to the past, Gore) would/will do nearly as well overall as Bush has done.

Merlin1047 said:
Oh come on CSM - give him a break. You really expect him to post everything that's wrong with kerry? With that much typing, the poor guy will wear his fingers down to the second knuckle!

I didn't say anything about Kerry; that would be asking too much. I asked about some honest admissions about what BUSH has done right. That should be much easier, though I doubt any will be forthcoming.

I'll even go one further and admit something Kerry has done right. He got the hell out of the military and never joined MY Army.

Okay, I'll take the bait too. Although I know there's a hook in here somewhere.

1. Bush is not a true conservative. He has not reduced the size of government, he has increased it. Even discounting the expense of the war in Iraq, Pres. Bush's fiscal policies are far too loose for my liking.

2. Like many others, I am unhappy about the President's failure to aggressively seek a resolution to both illegal immigration and to increase security along our laughably porous borders.

3. Like any liberal Democrat, Pres Bush has not sought to bring entitlement programs under control. He has done nothing to dispell the liberal notion that it is the function of government to pay for everything that the individual cannot.

4. Pres. Bush has not been sufficiently ruthless in stamping out nests of terrorist vermin in Iraq. He has fallen into the liberal trap of attempting to fight a politically correct war. He has placed our military in the role of police. They are neither trained for that mission nor should they be. The function of our military is to blow things up and to kill people. Once that has been accomplished, bring them home.

5. Pres. Bush had an excellent idea regarding the privatization of social security. He has apparently allowed the left to badger him into abandoning that program.

6. Pres. Bush had another excellent idea to improve our education system through the implementation of school vouchers. Again, he has caved in to pressure from the left and abandoned another promising idea.

7. Pres. Bush has failed to come out and call kerry a cheap, conniving, self-serving, horse-faced, french-loving, anti-American, hypocritical, traitorous, lying scum. But I'm hoping he may correct that oversight. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
Im basically rehashing what others have already said.

Bush's increase of the government is disconcerting. During wartime, programs such as the medicare entitlment should have been mothballed to save for spending on defense. Ultimately it wont hurt us because government defecits are made it through tax cuts.

The narrowminded vision of the borders also concerns me. My acceptance of it is only because i believe it to be a election year stance that might change if he's reelected. Wishful thinking i'd bet though.

Those 2 stand out in my mind. However, They are trumped by his ultimate stance in the WOT to fight the enemy on their land instead of treating it like a criminal act.

CSM said:
I didn't say anything about Kerry; that would be asking too much. I asked about some honest admissions about what BUSH has done right. That should be much easier, though I doubt any will be forthcoming.

I'll even go one further and admit something Kerry has done right. He got the hell out of the military and never joined MY Army.

The only thing I have found that Kerry and I agree on is how to treat Veterans. Now if we could convince him that treating those in service now as good as those who have left it would be a good idea that would be two but that is just a pipe dream.

Things I disagree with Bush on.

1.) I think Bush should have pressed for an alternative fuel solution to be produced in the US directly after the 9/11 attacks. A time limit and a goal much like Kennedy with the Space Race. Giving the nation direction, as well as purpose and a way to fight directly in the war on terror.
2.) I don't like the Pill Bill, not even a little.
3.) I don't believe that we should ever go to war without a Declaration of War. (Quick response notwithstanding, addressing Congress and getting a vote of Declaration simply increases the amount of credibility the President has in leading a war. After a Quick response the President could then address the Congress, this was allowed for in the original Constitution but VN and Iraq Conflict I & II as well as many others were not.)
4.) The Federal Government should not be in the Education Business at all, it was specifically listed as a power of the States and should remain so. This is just one more end-run at our Constitution that will end with the Feds having all the power that the States have lost piece by piece since their Representation in the Federal Government was lost with the 17th Amendment.

no1tovote4 said:
3.) I don't believe that we should ever go to war without a Declaration of War. (Quick response notwithstanding, addressing Congress and getting a vote of Declaration simply increases the amount of credibility the President has in leading a war. After a Quick response the President could then address the Congress, this was allowed for in the original Constitution but VN and Iraq Conflict I & II as well as many others were not.)

Congress did authorize bush's request for military action in Iraq.

http://www.abc.net.au/am/stories/s698755.htm
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/9/19/151145.shtml

no1tovote4 said:
Authorization of force and a Declaration of War are two different things. I think it is a way for people like Kerry to attempt to say that they do not support the "war", but still look strong by voting for it. (Can't be a war unless War is declared, this is a "Conflict" not a war).
and we need congress to declare war because-----?

I wish Bush would tougher on the UN and call them on the carpet for thier corruption and neglect. He's been too easy on them so far .

dilloduck said:
and we need congress to declare war because-----?

First of all the Constitution allows for the President to wage war after Congress has Declared War. Police action is new, and evidently not represented in the Constitution.

I do not believe we should be at war unless there is enough evidence and direct support to Declare War. With a declaration, either they can vote for War or not. None of this hedging of Kerry's about how he voted to Authorize the force (in a whiney voice) "So that he would have leverage, he promised he would only do it as a last resort." (whine, whine). "I didn't really mean to support the war." All this after he said at one time, (This time in a manly leader-like voice) "Anybody who doesn't think we are safer with Saddam gone, isn't responsible enough to be President..." While he was debating in the primaries.

Support, not support. No hedging with a declaration.

no1tovote4 said:
First of all the Constitution allows for the President to wage war after Congress has Declared War. Police action is new, and evidently not represented in the Constitution.

I do not believe we should be at war unless there is enough evidence and direct support to Declare War. With a declaration, either they can vote for War or not. None of this hedging of Kerry's about how he voted to Authorize the force (in a whiney voice) "So that he would have leverage, he promised he would only do it as a last resort." (whine, whine). "I didn't really mean to support the war." All this after he said at one time, (This time in a manly leader-like voice) "Anybody who doesn't think we are safer with Saddam gone, isn't responsible enough to be President..." While he was debating in the primaries.

Support, not support. No hedging with a declaration.
I think you underestimate Kerrys' ability to flip flop. Even without WMDs and "imminant threats" etc., I believe there is enough REASON to go to war.
The dems are always gonna say they were lied too even if they did approve a declaration of war.

Forum List

Back