Bush

That was one hell of a post Sprit! hahah! not like you to have such little say, but I guess it says it all to you ha? :)

Originally posted by gop_jeff
He's only got an undergraduate degree from Yale and an MBA from Harvard... so yeah, he must be a moron.

Yes we finally agree on something GOP_Jeff. :D

I also heard that he was a president's son and his scores on SATs were 600 on both parts. I also heard that he went to jail , smoked pot etc.

Oh yes, He spent Billions of Dollars on a very vague campaign and destroyed thousands of lives in middle east?-oh my...

and you are right,
Originally posted by gop_jeff
so yeah, he must be a moron.

I also heard that he was a president's son and his scores on SATs were 600 on both parts. I also heard that he went to jail , smoked pot etc.

I scored 621 in Math and 589 in English. I'll bet I smoked much more pot than Bush! I had a couple of overnight stints in the local lockup as well. LOL

Does any of this make me "dumb"? Did you do these things, and if not, does that make you smarter? The debates I've had with you thus far tells a different story!

Oh yes, He spent Billions of Dollars on a very vague campaign and destroyed thousands of lives in middle east?-oh my...

Saddam screwed up their lives long before the USA came along.

So, according to you he is "dumb" for the attempts he has made to improve our country and for trying to free another country from oppression and rid them of WMD. What have YOU done to try and help millions of people here and in other countries? I would have no choice but to say the one who talks crap and does nothing has less intelligence.

Jimnyc, I had a good laugh , thank you for your delightful post.

Originally posted by Spirit_Soul
Jimnyc, I had a good laugh , thank you for your delightful post.

So you make a fool of yourself by starting a ridiculous thread, and then don't have the backbone to backup your statements?

Who's the dumb one now?

Originally posted by jimnyc
So you make a fool of yourself by starting a ridiculous thread, and then don't have the backbone to backup your statements?

Who's the dumb one now?

Yes thats right, I am the dumb one. You win the argument :)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I won as soon as you started the thread. You rely strictly on your opinion and never have any factual data to to go along with your "odd" opinions.

I'll leave you with a quote that seems to be fitting in most threads you jump head first into.

"It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." -- Mark Twain

Yes thats right, I am the dumb one. You win the arguement

Additionally, when you decide to point your finger at the intelligence of another, it would help if you spelled properly while doing so.

:rolleyes:

lol... yes, it helps if I spell properly. Also, I was not trying to be intelligent, I agree that I am the dumb one.

By the way Jimnyc, can you tell me on what issues(from the ones I discussed) you need a factual reference? I will be very happy to give them to you.

By the way Jimnyc, can you tell me on what issues(from the ones I discussed) you need a factual reference? I will be very happy to give them to you.

Can you give me factual references on why the Islamic law allows those to be murdered that choose to no longer believe in the Islamic faith? I've found references that call for this murdering, but can't find a reason as to why they need to be killed.

Yes we finally agree on something GOP_Jeff. :D

and you are right,

In an attempt to have a grown-up discussion...

First, he wasn't a president's son when he went to college. His family had connections, to be sure, but then again, so do most Yale and Harvard students' families.
And an SAT score of 1200 is respectable, maybe not in comparison to other Ivy League students, but I've seen a lot worse.
And, as was already stated, this very 'vague' campaign has resulted in the overthorw of two terrible governments in the Middle East, the liberation of millions from oppression, and the gutting of one of the largest terrorist threats to America (i.e. al-Qaeda). In my opinion, the billions of dollars are worth it, to secure the safety of America and the liberty of millions in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I could care less about where a person went to school and what they studied. To me, its inconsequential in comparison to how they make policy with regards to me.

The 'war on terror' and the 'war in iraq' are, and should remain, very seperate things. The only reason I see for tying the two together is simply to keep the reasoning and validations for both as convoluted and controversial as possible while making it easy to brand anyone who disagrees or speaks out as 'unamerican, anti-american, or unpatriotic'.

Bush's presidency started out mediocre at best but 9/11 gave him his boost. Whether the administration had any collusion in regards to how or why it happened is irrelevant for this point. When the US went after the Taliban in Afghanistan to get bin ladin he had my full support, as well as most of the world. In reducing OBL to 'irrelevancy' or not being a priority then he quite simply failed in my view.

Further worsening the issue was turning the attention to Iraq. Many of the reasons given have so far turned out bogus, or at the least highly suspect, and to play upon the fears of the american people by 'mushroom clouds' is truly despicable. A true leader is not supposed to frighten the populace into submission, whether its with words or force for that only places him or her in the same category as hussein or the taliban.

It now seems that the 'war on terror' has degenerated into nothing more than a 'police action' like vietnam and our troops, along with the iraqi citizens, are paying the salaries of the contracters, sometimes with their very lives.

While I think its great that the afghani's and iraqi's are now 'liberated' from oppressive rulers, how great can it be if they have to worry about car bombs and anti personnel mines?

Thank you for that excellent post I completely agree. :clap: :clap:

Further worsening the issue was turning the attention to Iraq. Many of the reasons given have so far turned out bogus, or at the least highly suspect, and to play upon the fears of the american people by 'mushroom clouds' is truly despicable. A true leader is not supposed to frighten the populace into submission, whether its with words or force for that only places him or her in the same category as hussein or the taliban.

It now seems that the 'war on terror' has degenerated into nothing more than a 'police action' like vietnam and our troops, along with the iraqi citizens, are paying the salaries of the contracters, sometimes with their very lives.

School's really got little to do with how smart you are. Most people will agree that college is just a very expensive, very long way to get a piece of paper that makes you eligible for jobs that will never make you use anything you learned there anyway (outside of something like a doctor or lawyer, obviously).

There are plenty of smart people who never went to college, there are plenty of total morons who are college grads (example: my roommate is in his junior year of college and just found out last week that Long Island isn't a state, Rhode Island is, and there are 50 states in the US, not 51:confused: ).

And an SAT score of 1200 is respectable,

That's more or less what I got, so thanks!!! I went to high school with a girl whose parents were very rich and even though she made a 750 on the SAT's, she is currently attending Clemson, one of the hardest schools to get into in this state. Hmmmmm...

Originally posted by Dan
School's really got little to do with how smart you are. Most people will agree that college is just a very expensive, very long way to get a piece of paper that makes you eligible for jobs that will never make you use anything you learned there anyway (outside of something like a doctor or lawyer, obviously).

There are plenty of smart people who never went to college, there are plenty of total morons who are college grads (example: my roommate is in his junior year of college and just found out last week that Long Island isn't a state, Rhode Island is, and there are 50 states in the US, not 51:confused: ).

That's more or less what I got, so thanks!!! I went to high school with a girl whose parents were very rich and even though she made a 750 on the SAT's, she is currently attending Clemson, one of the hardest schools to get into in this state. Hmmmmm...

ROFLMAO! Long Island isn't a state? Who'd a thunk it? :rolleyes:

jeje. I once had someone ask me if there were any major cities in Pittsburgh. hmmm... Maybe you could help us out with this one jim?

No, he wan't a college grad, but he was a high school grad.

I agree with DKSuddeth that where a person goes to school is meaningless. As are arbitrary testing systems that only test your patience in repetition.

But I have a few gripes with the content of his post. First I really would like some clarification on this point...

"Bush's presidency started out mediocre at best but 9/11 gave him his boost. Whether the administration had any collusion in regards to how or why it happened is irrelevant for this point. "

If you are suggesting that Bush and/or his administration had anything to do with the attacks on 9/11, then I believe we have found our 'dumb' person.

As for Bush somehow repressing the public here in the US, thats just silly. Currently, and based on Bush's executive order, US citizens cannot be tried by military tribunals. That alone speaks volumes to Bush's 1. faith in American's, and 2. desire to keep the truth open. (It is worthy to note that the president DOES HAVE the power to allow military tribunals to try US citizens.)

In regards to killing or catching Osama, this is an extremely difficult operation, and it is foolhardy to believe that he was going to be snatched up quickly. The snake has lived his whole life hiding and fleeing, so he's bound to be good at it.

And the same goes for the current state of Iraq and Afganistan. In both cases the governments were horrible, horrible institutions, and required complete elimination. Now new governments have to be created to take their place. That takes time. Lots of people are crying because its not over, but I'm sorry, this isn't Headline News, it doesn't abruptly end in 30 minutes.

Sometimes the costs of freedom do extend beyond our attention span.

Forum List

Back