"Bush Wrecked The Economy And Obama Can't Fix It"

That's much closer to the truth than what we currently hear from the right, including many self-proclaimed Tea-party people/supporters.

They've kinda admitted it with their "Obama made it worse" meme, but that's still not the truth.

Bush and his cronies wrecked the economy so bad it will take a lot more than just Obama and/or 4 years to properly repair it.

This is why I can't and won't take tea-party people seriously. Not the ones who constantly put out the message that Obama made all things bad all of a sudden, which just happens to be just about all of them.

The right will always spin and twist and attempt to wiggle their way out of responsibility, just like they did when they absolutely abandoned Bush after staunchly supporting him for 7 years straight.

This isn't the party that Reagan would recognize, although it is the party that Reagan created.

another- if he cannot fix it , its broken beyond repair whine...cry me a river:(

so does this mean the democratic house under all 8 years of Reagan was responsible for as you have said his fuc ups too?

There are problems that no president can fix, such as this one:

saupload_household_debt_slide.JPG

:(:lol:

That's much closer to the truth than what we currently hear from the right, including many self-proclaimed Tea-party people/supporters.

They've kinda admitted it with their "Obama made it worse" meme, but that's still not the truth.

Bush and his cronies wrecked the economy so bad it will take a lot more than just Obama and/or 4 years to properly repair it.

This is why I can't and won't take tea-party people seriously. Not the ones who constantly put out the message that Obama made all things bad all of a sudden, which just happens to be just about all of them.

The right will always spin and twist and attempt to wiggle their way out of responsibility, just like they did when they absolutely abandoned Bush after staunchly supporting him for 7 years straight.

This isn't the party that Reagan would recognize, although it is the party that Reagan created.

you go marc!

fursecuution1pr.gif

Obama can't fix it?
The smartest guy in the world?
The guy who was gonna stop the rise of the oceans?
I want the $787 billion stimulus back.
Why didn't he know it wouldn't work?

another- if he cannot fix it , its broken beyond repair whine...cry me a river:(

so does this mean the democratic house under all 8 years of Reagan was responsible for as you have said his fuc ups too?

Only if they were responsible for winning the Cold War.

It took both parties to get the economy where it is Marc.....yes, that means the democrats were part of the mess as were the republicans. Keep it real, dude.

Part..yeah..

I think it breaks like 70% - Republicans and 30% - Democrats.

And for Conservatives it breaks 99.99% Democrats - .0000000000000001% Independents.

Republicans? 0.0% :eusa_whistle:

Obama can't fix it?

Sure he can fix it. But fixing stuff generally takes longer then destroying stuff. Bush destroyed an economy over his 8 years that was over 230 years in the making. Sheesh..President Obama is supposed to fix that in 3 years? :lol:

Maybe we need someone who can fix it in less then 4 years.

It took Reagan 3 to fix the Carter economy.

Obama can't fix it?

Sure he can fix it. But fixing stuff generally takes longer then destroying stuff. Bush destroyed an economy over his 8 years that was over 230 years in the making. Sheesh..President Obama is supposed to fix that in 3 years? :lol:

Hmm ,Reagan took an economy that had been mismanaged since Nixon's second term and turned it around in 2.5 years. Bush took an economy that was in recession and turned it around in about 18 months. Obama took an economy that had had 7 years of growth and 6 months of recession and turned it onto the longest peacetime recession since WW2.

Obama can't fix it?

He was going to stop the rise of the oceans, before the election.
He can't fix a little thing like the economy after 3 years?
He should have said in 2008 that he wasn't smart enough to fix things in less than 8 years.
Maybe he should stop making things worse?

The problems Reagan inherited went back to the second Nixon administration. Probably even before that.

Obama can't fix it?

The economy was fixing itself but it seems Obama's confusing policies, or no policy, and constant threats of anti-business changes is keeping the economy from flourishing again.

He announces one thing then tells them in private another.

All he does is let everyone know he's dishonest....and uncertainty is the number one cause of a weak economy.

And the ultimate tragedy is, of course, as left and right pointlessly battle over who caused the December 2007 recession, no efforts are being made to address the issue.

There have been plenty of efforts made to address the issue. Dodd/Frank act was one of them.

Who's trying to get that repealed? Who wouldn't even confirm Elizabeth Warren? :lol:

It's seriously tough to work in an environment where the people most responsible for screwing things up won't acknowledge fault and block every effort to correct problems.

Reagan didn't fix shit. There were bailouts of both the Financial and Banking industries during his administration. He doubled the debt with crazy spending on Orbital Nuclear Platforms (What ever the fuck that was) and left it to George HW Bush to reverse his voodoo economic bullshit by..:GASP:..raising taxes.

And the ultimate tragedy is, of course, as left and right pointlessly battle over who caused the December 2007 recession, no efforts are being made to address the issue.

There have been plenty of efforts made to address the issue. Dodd/Frank act was one of them.

Who's trying to get that repealed? Who wouldn't even confirm Elizabeth Warren? :lol:

It's seriously tough to work in an environment where the people most responsible for screwing things up won't acknowledge fault and block every effort to correct problems.

Dodd/Frank is supposed to make things better? To improve the economy?
Didn't Sarbanes/Oxley already create a perfect utopia? Why not?

I just don't think that anyone outside of a few on this site actually believe that one man is responsible for this bad economy.I don't think Americans or the rest of the World is that idiotic.To give the Democrats a pass on this is insane.Whats crazier then thinking Bush alone is responsible is the belief that Obama doesn't have ANY accountability for not making things better.

Sarbanes/Oxley was never enforced. With the exception of Madoff, who confessed and basically had to practically drag law enforcement into his office to arrest him, you see any CEOs get frogged marched into Police Precincts? They were plenty of them that lied about their books.

And Dodd/Frank weak as it is..is the ire of Conservatives. They want nothing regulating their precious derivatives.

Sarbanes/Oxley was never enforced. With the exception of Madoff, who confessed and basically had to practically drag law enforcement into his office to arrest him, you see any CEOs get frogged marched into Police Precincts? They were plenty of them that lied about their books.

And Dodd/Frank weak as it is..is the ire of Conservatives. They want nothing regulating their precious derivatives.

You think derivatives caused this mess?
Do you even know what a derivative is? :lol:

MarcATL,

Please do a little homework on what Clinton did:
(1) Review the Carter ERROR Community Reinvestment Act and what it forced Banks to do
(2) Review the Powers Clinton gave to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to great a secondary mortgage market
(3) Read about the barriers to our market that Clinton tore down for China and how he propelled them into the WTO and its disastrous effects to our manufacturing sector.
(4) See NAFTA's disastrous effects on our manufacturing sector
(5) See how Clinton made student loans nondischargable and skyrocketed expensive, but affordable college tuition to unaffordable except the to very rich! I mean nowadays even the shit colleges cost $50K a year! It was a direct cause of this stupid legislation.
(6) See the effects of Clinton taking down the Glass-Steagall Act - A great FDR regulation that saw too much of a conflict of interest between commercial and investment banks.

Bush ignored the building of the bubble that started under Clinton, but grew under Bush. Economist and YES even Ron Paul screamed that an artificial bubble was growing and it's going to be devastating on economy when it bursts as far back as 2000 (before Bush took office). Bush didn't nothing to stop it, very true: (1) He was a bad President (people shouldn't forget that), (2) He was preoccupied with the War on Terror (3) The economy was great - high GDP growth, low unemployment, booming house sector, HOWEVER, this was all built on an artificial housing market bubble.

Bush allowed it to build, but Clinton started the snowball down the hill and Obama is making it worse!

I mean for crisis sake Obama is a liberal, why is he NOT taking on China? I mean he is bought and sold by the unions, but he can't do one good thing and fight the trade war with China? Well cowardness comes with liberalism also.

Forum List

Back