Bush won Florida 10 diff ways in 2000

Now, Joe, be serious. John Martin can't be expected to know that his name was taken off because Martin John, a felon, was removed.

Why not?

If voting was that important, and you knew the state just had to do a federally ordered massive purge of the voter rolls because it was so inaccurate, you think it would be incumbant upon you to make sure your name was still registered.

(Which, of course, is the problem with Motor Voter and other laws that register people to vote automatically instead of having people register themselves for that specific purpose.)

Oh, bullshit. You're just looking for ways to justify what was done because you like the outcome.

Before the election, the Jeb Bush administration performed a "scrubbing" of the voter rolls. The company doing the scrubbing warned them that legal voters would be disenfranchised, but they were instructed to go ahead with the scrubbing anyway.

Florida Central Voter File - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Under some counting scenarios, Gore won Florida.

The recount process was stopped by the Supreme Court.

The result was that the election was handed to an incompetent against the will of the people. We all paid the price. I resolved never to be complacent about an election again.

Except Bush won re-election by a convincing majority the next time.

And frankly, the people who got rubbed off the roles were people I don't want voting anyway, so no great loss.

I think you should only be allowed to vote if you are paying taxes.

I wouldn't be crowing about this. :badgrin: I didn't realize Bush II was such a hero of yours. :cuckoo:

He's better than the sack of crap we got in now..

I wish I could have my life from 2006 back.

Now, Joe, be serious. John Martin can't be expected to know that his name was taken off because Martin John, a felon, was removed.

Why not?

If voting was that important, and you knew the state just had to do a federally ordered massive purge of the voter rolls because it was so inaccurate, you think it would be incumbant upon you to make sure your name was still registered.

(Which, of course, is the problem with Motor Voter and other laws that register people to vote automatically instead of having people register themselves for that specific purpose.)

Oh, bullshit. You're just looking for ways to justify what was done because you like the outcome.

And if it was the outcome you wanted, you'd be supporting it to the hilt...

Incidently, I've said I think that the Electoral College is a horrible idea and I think it should be abolished.

Many times, and I've taken greif from other conservatives for saying so.

But both sides manipulate the system. Right now, I'm in a new congressional district because Fat Quinn decided he had to create a district the Democrats could win... Personally, I don't think that's fair, but that's what it is...

Except Bush won re-election by a convincing majority the next time.

And frankly, the people who got rubbed off the roles were people I don't want voting anyway, so no great loss.

I think you should only be allowed to vote if you are paying taxes.

I wouldn't be crowing about this. :badgrin: I didn't realize Bush II was such a hero of yours. :cuckoo:

I would go further back than that, probably to the 90's when we weren't invading nations that posed no threat to us or anyone else and had a balanced budget. (That was before we had the worst POTUS in the modern history of this nation. You know, the one you like so much?)

238 presidential scholars: Bush worst president of modern era, fifth worst in US history | The Raw Story

And the fact that you idolize him so much speaks volumes. It's hard to find conservatives who still like Bush II. Nearly all of them say he's a RINO. But you don't. :doubt:

Why not?

And if it was the outcome you wanted, you'd be supporting it to the hilt...

Incidently, I've said I think that the Electoral College is a horrible idea and I think it should be abolished.

Many times, and I've taken greif from other conservatives for saying so.

But both sides manipulate the system. Right now, I'm in a new congressional district because Fat Quinn decided he had to create a district the Democrats could win... Personally, I don't think that's fair, but that's what it is...

Actually, no. I wouldn't be defending disenfranchisement of legal voters, or the electoral college, no matter the outcome. I've got principles. You don't. Sad, but true.

I would go further back than that, probably to the 90's when we weren't invading nations that posed no threat to us or anyone else and had a balanced budget. (That was before we had the worst POTUS in the modern history of this nation. You know, the one you like so much?)

238 presidential scholars: Bush worst president of modern era, fifth worst in US history | The Raw Story

And the fact that you idolize him so much speaks volumes. It's hard to find conservatives who still like Bush II. Nearly all of them say he's a RINO. But you don't. :doubt:

He implemented their ideas, we got disaster, and now they want to disown him. :cuckoo:

Do you recall that decision? The SC specifically said not to use their decision as precedent. Think about that.
I recall that the Equal Protection decision went 7-2, and there was no such note attached.
Given that FL electuion law did not provide equal protection, there was no choice but to stop the recounts as any such recounts would have been in violation of the Constitution,
Period.

Ah... denial - the first step. Cood for you!

I am certain this will be news to you...
You have no right to vote for President.
The people do not elect the President.
Thus, the will of the people, in electing the President, is irrelevant.

On what planet is your country? :)
I'll take your refusal to meaninglfully address the points put to you as an indication of your inability to do so.

When you think you can respond with something of substance, please feel free - until then, my points stand, unchallenged.

Last edited:

Where did I say I idolize him? I said he's better than Obama. But honestly, a one-armed carnival geek would be better than Obama.

I made more money in the Oughts than I did in the Nineties. Honestly, I was at my professional height in 2006. After that (right about the time Democrats took over Congress) is when things started to go to shit.

Now, to go back to your claim that we weren't attacking nations that posed no threat to us...

Hmmmm.

Let's look at that.

We invaded Somalia in 1993. We invaded Haiti the same year.

We bombed an aspirin factory in the Sudan in 1998 and some empty camps in Afghanistan because Clinton needed a distracting thing after admitting in front of a grand jury he lied about Monica.

We intervened in Bosnia in 1996, while Clinton was getting a blow job while talking to Congressmen.

We bombed Iraq (you know, the same country you claim is "no threat to us") in December 1998 because we needed a distraction from impeachment hearings.

We bombed Serbia for 70 days in 1999 over Kosovo, a purely internal matter that had nothing to do with us.

I guess I just don't remember the 1990's as this wonderful, peaceful, everyone singing kumbaya that you recall it as...

I do recall having been attacked in 2001.. which is why we invaded countries that WERE a threat to us...

I recall that the Equal Protection decision went 7-2, and there was no such note attached.
Given that FL electuion law did not provide equal protection, there was no choice but to stop the recounts as any such recounts would have been in violation of the Constitution,
Period.

Ah... denial - the first step. Cood for you!

I am certain this will be news to you...
You have no right to vote for President.
The people do not elect the President.
Thus, the will of the people, in electing the President, is irrelevant.

I'll take your refusal to address the points put to you as an indication of your inability to do so.

When you think you can respond with something of substance, please feel free - until then, my points stand, unchallenged.

You should take it as a message that you are too messed up for even me to fix, and that is saying something.

I'll take your refusal to address the points put to you as an indication of your inability to do so.

You should take it as a message that you are too messed up for even me to fix, and that is saying something.

MY points remain, as you have yet again failed to address them.
Given that, I'll take your post, above, as your ccncession of those points.
Glad to see you could lose gracefully.

Bring it on, son - you got nothing here.
:lol:

Actually, no. I wouldn't be defending disenfranchisement of legal voters, or the electoral college, no matter the outcome. I've got principles. You don't. Sad, but true.

So you'll call on Holder to prosecute those Black Panther slugs who were chasing people away from polling places, right?

Do you understand that in order to prosecute them, you have to have someone stand up and say that they were intimidated, right?

You understand that's how this works, don't you?

No one has said that they were chased away.

I've got nothing to bring it on to. You're just reciting wingnut wisdom about voting. Try harder, you might get my attention.

I've got nothing to bring it on to. You're just reciting wingnut wisdom about voting. Try harder, you might get my attention.
I made several points, You have failed to actually address any of them.
If you're -so- right, why can't you counter a single things that I wrote?

But that's OK -- you keep running away, and I'll keep laughing at you.
:badgrin::eusa_clap:

Where did I say I idolize him? I said he's better than Obama. But honestly, a one-armed carnival geek would be better than Obama.

I made more money in the Oughts than I did in the Nineties. Honestly, I was at my professional height in 2006. After that (right about the time Democrats took over Congress) is when things started to go to shit.

Now, to go back to your claim that we weren't attacking nations that posed no threat to us...

Hmmmm.

Let's look at that.

We invaded Somalia in 1993. We invaded Haiti the same year.

We bombed an aspirin factory in the Sudan in 1998 and some empty camps in Afghanistan because Clinton needed a distracting thing after admitting in front of a grand jury he lied about Monica.

We intervened in Bosnia in 1996, while Clinton was getting a blow job while talking to Congressmen.

We bombed Iraq (you know, the same country you claim is "no threat to us") in December 1998 because we needed a distraction from impeachment hearings.

We bombed Serbia for 70 days in 1999 over Kosovo, a purely internal matter that had nothing to do with us.

I guess I just don't remember the 1990's as this wonderful, peaceful, everyone singing kumbaya that you recall it as...

I do recall having been attacked in 2001.. which is why we invaded countries that WERE a threat to us...

There's a BIG difference between what Clinton did and Bush invading and occupying a nation that posed absolutely no threat to us or anyone else.

But now I'm getting a clearer picture......

1) You think that ethnic cleansing is none of our business.

2) You think it was a mistake to try and kill Bin Laden before 9/11.

3) You're not the common working man because we gained ground during the Clinton years and lost ground during the Bush years.

4) You blame Iraq for 9/11.

As for the blowjob......I would have ordered up a dozen blowjobs for Bush had he been half the POTUS that Clinton was.

So you'll call on Holder to prosecute those Black Panther slugs who were chasing people away from polling places, right?

Do you understand that in order to prosecute them, you have to have someone stand up and say that they were intimidated, right?

Actually, they really don't. But thanks for proving my point that your outrage is selective.

There's a BIG difference between what Clinton did and Bush invading and occupying a nation that posed absolutely no threat to us or anyone else.

But now I'm getting a clearer picture......

1) You think that ethnic cleansing is none of our business.

2) You think it was a mistake to try and kill Bin Laden before 9/11.

3) You're not the common working man because we gained ground during the Clinton years and lost ground during the Bush years.

4) You blame Iraq for 9/11.

As for the blowjob......I would have ordered up a dozen blowjobs for Bush had he been half the POTUS that Clinton was.

I think we can do without the peek into your sexual fantasies.

1) Yes, Ethinc cleansing is none of our business. If it were, we'd get involved in every civil war on the planet, which we don't.

2) I'm reasonably sure Bin Laden wasn't at the Aspirin Factory. (In fact, that factory had nothing to do with Bin Laden.) And there were about a hundred more effective ways to kill him prior to 1998 than what was tried. Heck, Clinton could have gotten the Saudis to take him when the Sudan offered to extradite him.

3) Oh, I agree, I am quite uncommon, but the fact remains, Clinton's job growth really wasn't that impressive, and a lot of the problems that came later were because of him. He signed the repeal of Glass-Seagle, he signed all the trade treaties that took away our manufacturing.

4) I blame Saddam for being part of the culture over there that sponsored terrorism.

Incidently, the first person to introduce the idea of a Saddam-Bin Laden alliance?

Bill Clinton did when in his 1998 indictment of Bin Laden, he claimed he was working with Iraqi intelligence. Incidently, this was to make Bin Laden look more threatening, not Iraq, which everyone assumed was the enemy up until the point the hippies took over the Democrats in 2004.

Actually, they really don't. But thanks for proving my point that your outrage is selective.

You don't know what you're talking about. Again.

Bush DOJ decided New Black Panthers no major case | Cynthia Tucker

You don't know what you're talking about. Again.

Bush DOJ decided New Black Panthers no major case | Cynthia Tucker

I didn't ask if Bush thought it was a major case. I don't think it was a major case.

But if you are going to go around whinging about how unfair something was, you should whing about everything that is unfair, not just the things that didn't work out for you...

New Topics

Forum List

Back