"bush Was A Liberal", "bush Wasn't Really A Conservative."

"We never agreed with many/most of his policies..." and the list goes on and on and on.

All right wing CON LIES, as is evident by their return to their natural DEFENSE of everything bush the minute the guttersnipe returns from exile.

You just can't make this stuff up.

icon_rotflmao.gif
icon_rotflmao.gif
icon_rotflmao.gif
icon_rotflmao.gif

Oh, so now they don't want him so they are trying to give him to us???? Forget it. We don't want him.

Hence the exile, no one wants him.
but strangely many will buy his book ;)

"We never agreed with many/most of his policies..." and the list goes on and on and on.

All right wing CON LIES, as is evident by their return to their natural DEFENSE of everything bush the minute the guttersnipe returns from exile.

Oh, so now they don't want him so they are trying to give him to us???? Forget it. We don't want him.

I dont know who "they" are.
Bush was not a conservative like Reagan was a conservative. Bush was a conservative like Rockefeller was a conservative. Or Nixon. Anyone want to claim Nixon was a liberal?
But Nixon created many of the agencies we have today and imposed wage and price controls.

I think Western Civilization would have ended had Gore been President during 9/11.

Thank God that Clinton and Reno sent the SWAT Team into Little Havana on Easter Weekend to kidnap Elian and send him to Fidel, sending more Cuban Americans to the polls to vote against Gore thereby handing Florida to Bush.

It's odd how these little event make for big consequences

icon_rotflmao.gif
icon_rotflmao.gif
icon_rotflmao.gif
icon_rotflmao.gif

I know.. it's hysterical. they're the most disingenuous people i've ever seen...

and as tea party loons aren't really the rabid right that was bush's "base"

"bush Was A Liberal", "bush Wasn't Really A Conservative,"

True :thup:

Probably why I couldn't stand the bastard.

really? "liberals" run their campaigns on anti-gay rhetoric?

"liberals" give tax cuts to rich people and then blow out the budget on two wars of choice?
(and yes, obama should be out...but he didn't get us in)

"liberals" waste a million dollars on studies trying to figure out if prayer works?

"liberals" talk about the 'axis of evil'?

"liberals" ban education about reproductive choice?

"liberals" believe in voodoo economics?

liberals left him with a surplus... radical rightwing "conservatives" blew it.

bush was exactly what the reaganites wanted... and the logical conclusion of those policies....which reagan himself only gave lip service, too, btw.

They're definitely RIGHT.

Bush was no conservative.

Bush was a REPUBLICAN.

FAr as I can tell the GOP hasn't been conservative in the last 40 years.

Bush was a REPUBLICAN.

So Jillian argues he was a conservative. You argue he was no conservative. Hello?

Bush was a REPUBLICAN.

So Jillian argues he was a conservative. You argue he was no conservative. Hello?

Just goes to show that you current crop of RWers are biPolar....that's all.

Bush a conservative?

HA!

He's the reason I left the gop. We had a "surplus" that should have gone to pay down the debt/def, instead he put us all on welfare with the shitty little checks. The shocking thing about this? The people that were bitching about this with me were mostly dims. But the fucked thing about it? Put a (D) in ofc, increase it, and all of a fucking sudden you fucks are for it.

And now 2 years later you whiney bitches can't man up and admit it. and you STILL CRY ABOUT BUSH EVERY FUCKING DAY LIKE HE'S COMING TO TAKE YOUR BLANKIES AWAY!

really? "liberals" run their campaigns on anti-gay rhetoric? Is this about "the defense of marraige? That's religous conservatives, not all conservatives.

"liberals" give tax cuts to rich people and then blow out the budget on two wars of choice?
(and yes, obama should be out...but he didn't get us in) The wars of choice is utter bullshit.

"liberals" waste a million dollars on studies trying to figure out if prayer works? gotta link to that? I'd like to make fun of those nuts.

"liberals" talk about the 'axis of evil'? They PC'ed it up. Lack of balls to be blunt.

"liberals" ban education about reproductive choice? Ban?

"liberals" believe in voodoo economics? Yes they do. Bush brought it out, libs went nuts, then they put a (D) in ofc and kept it.

liberals left him with a surplus... radical rightwing "conservatives" blew it. wrong, this is where the progs come in. They blew it instead of paying down the debt/def and is what got me to leave the gop forever.

bush was exactly what the reaganites wanted... and the logical conclusion of those policies....which reagan himself only gave lip service, too, btw.

Shame you can't tell the difference between republicans and fiscal conservatives.

Insofar as people/religion/ethnicities go..Bush was very much a "Liberal" in that he didn't have a racist bone in his body.

But he was conservative in every other way. War/oil/low taxes.

That's the economy conservatives like.

Oh, so then Obama is a conservative?

Maybe you can show me where Obama and the Dem congress for that matter is any different than Bush... Go ahead...

Here I'll help.

1: Iraq - Still there

2: Afghanistan - Expanded

3: Homeland security - Expanded

4: Torture - Still going on

5 Guantinimo - Still open

6: Bailouts - yup

7: Stimulus - Expanded on

8: Illegal Immigration - Share the same opinion and that is, be the party to pass amnesty to win new votes.

9: Health Care (Bush/Reps/Dems voted Medicare part D)

10: Oil - whatever that means =D

Use any you like off that list...

Oh ops... I missed 1 you said even...

11: Taxes... Remember Obama brags "I gave the biggest tax cuts in modern history?" Obama gave deficit building tax credits in reality but regardless, Obama and most liberals were thrilled about being able to say "tax cuts" so they could then say "why don't you support tax cuts now!" But again because it's very important, they were deficit building tax credits.

Last edited:

"liberals" waste a million dollars on studies trying to figure out if prayer works?

This has to be 1 of the most retarded posts I have seen in a long time...

Most of your list Obama and the Dem congress supported yes... So like a liberal would be true if the definition of liberal is what elected officials do, just like you make "conservatives" out to be what Bush did.

I'd bet you couldn't prove Bush to be a conservative but naming off policy’s if your life depended on it. BTW, giving tax cuts (not to just the rich) like Bush did would be 1 small thing to count as a "conservative." Historically Dems start the wars and in the Afghan/Iraq case the Dems voted for it and then expanded it when they got into power.

Your post is simply to fucking retarded to go on bashing…

Insofar as people/religion/ethnicities go..Bush was very much a "Liberal" in that he didn't have a racist bone in his body.

Maybe you can show me where Obama and the Dem congress for that matter is any different than Bush... Go ahead...

Here I'll help.

8: Illegal Immigration - Share the same opinion and that is, be the party to pass amnesty to win new votes.

11: Taxes... Remember Obama brags "I gave the biggest tax cuts in modern history?" Obama gave deficit building tax credits in reality but regardless, Obama and most liberals were thrilled about being able to say "tax cuts" so they could then say "why don't you support tax cuts now!" But again because it's very important, they were deficit building tax credits.

Wasn't aware that the President was a King.

Can you point how, aside from executive orders, he could have ended all that, instantaneously?

And he did put out an executive order abolishing torture.

President Obama to abolish anti-terror practices | abc7news.com

Here I'll help.

Wasn't aware that the President was a King.

Can you point how, aside from executive orders, he could have ended all that, instantaneously?

And he did put out an executive order abolishing torture.

President Obama to abolish anti-terror practices | abc7news.com

Is that even a real post?

Ok... So Bush the king of the non king presidential position passed all of the above, even with dems voting Yes on it but in the last 4 years Obama with a Dem congress have not even tried to repeal much of that list. Dems (and Obama) literally ran on ending the wars, Guantanamo, torture and repealing things like homeland security and so on and yet managed to expand much of the stuff Bush was doing...

The whole point of my post is you can't call Bush a conservative when the Dem congress voted yes on most of what Bush did and then later without ANYONE stopping them, a Dem President (Obama) had kept funding all of Bush’s policies AND managed to expand many... with Obama's help… Then call Obama and dems “liberals” while making out Bush to be a conservative…

How is that even possible?

Oh one more thing because I notice Obama does this all the time… Obama likes to say this famous one liner “people expected change overnight.” Of course it’s been around 700 night for Obama and over 1,000 nights for the Dem congress but wtf does that matter when you are trying to make the American people out to look like the bad guys, right?

You said Instantaneously, can you describe to me how 4 years for the Dem congress to do ANYTHING is considered “instant” and 2 year for Obama to do someone with that congress is “instant?” How is it “instant” for stuff to be done in 4 years but Bush was able to do so much in just 6 years with his congress… If Bush had 8 years that would mean the Dems would have had to been on his side…

Last edited:
Bush was a Progressive Republican. He spent through the roof. He was for amnesty. He signed the so called "campaign finance Reform" bill. He kept none of his conservative promises except the tax cuts for everyone.

Those are facts.

However, if you are going to pretend Bush lied based merely on accusations, then yes I am going to defend him. I defend anyone who is accused based on nothing. Heck, I defend people who are accused based on a hell of alot of information every day.

There is no emnity between the Former President and I. Heck, Id defend you if you were falsely accused. I've defended Obama on the rare occasions he's needed it.

You're inability to separate politics from facts is blinding you to what's in front of you.

I gave you a thanks for this one but I don't agree that he kept none of his conservative promises. He didn't promise 'no amnesty' and I think in his mind what he did want in the way of immigration reform was not amnesty anyway. But those of us who opposed him on that did so because he (along with McCain, Graham, and numerous others) was still going to let the illegals move ahead of those who have been patiently waiting for approval as new immigrants. We saw that as unjust. I think most of us still do.

We didn't even ask him about entitlements or the environment or several other sticky wickets. That stuff didn't come up in the campaign. So the senior Prescription bill and other expansions of big government came as an unpleasant surprise--we were absolutely blindsided. The same phenomenon occurred when he sided so much with the environmental wackos and we were afraid that he was going to sell us out there too.

Many of us did not want to invade Iraq, but once that decision was made we got behind the effort 100% so long as we had men and women in harms way. And we were bitterly disappointed at the incompetent way the war was prosecuted for some time. And even though he changed courses and began doing that much better, much of the damage had already been done and war weariness had set in big time.

It was not Bush's fault that the budgets were rewritten to include so much pork and excessive spending escalated right along with the booming economy. Maybe he felt he couldn't complain too much lest funding and resources be pulled from the troops. But we all felt he should have been more adament that the excessive spending was unaccepable.

It was not Bush's fault that the housing bubble was allowed to continue to grow. He personally sounded that alarm again and again and again but was ignored. And once the Democrats regained power in 2006, there wasn't much he could do to stop it.

He did remain true to his conservative roots on most social policy, on tax policy, on national defense, on national security, and on his sense of honest government. On those issues he was not only conservative but was mostly competent. At least once we got on track in Iraq.

I still see President Bush as a very good, ethical, and honest man, but he is obviously well left of me on some issues and I don't think he was very competent in some areas which, coupled with a RINO Congress and then a Democratic Congress, created some problems we didn't have to have.

Mixed bag of good and bad just as we had with Clinton, George H.W. Bush, and Reagan.

It's pretty hard to find much good in the current Administration though except that it has kept the Patriot Act intact and seems to be taking national security seriously which I very much appreciate.

Liberals by and large believe in wars of nation building. See Iraq.
Liberals by and large believe that for every problem there is a government solution. Thats Bush.

Every political party spends.

The Right spends more.

The target of Liberal Spending is the middle class.

The target of Republican spending is the upper class.

Since 1970, spending has grown 64% faster when a Republican sits in the White House than when a Democrat does.

In the twelve years that a Democrat has sat in the White House, spending has increased at an average rate of 1.29% per year; during the 22 years of Republican presidencies, government spending has risen at an average rate of 2.12%. In other words, spending has grown 64% faster when a Republican sits in the White House than when a Democrat does.

During the 20 years Democrats have controlled both houses of Congress, spending has grown at an average rate of 1.84% per year, more than double the average rate of 0.89% per year during the six years the GOP ran Congress. (During the other eight years, when control of Congress was split between the two parties, spending grew at an average rate of 2.52%. The split-control years all occurred during Republican presidencies.)

When Democrats controlled the White House plus both houses of Congress, spending grew at 1.70% per year, slightly below the average growth rate of 1.83% for the entire period.
The slowest spending growth occurred when a Democrat sat in the White House and Republicans controlled both houses of Congress. Spending rose by an average of just 0.89% during the six years of this situation, which all occurred with Bill Clinton as president and Newt Gingrich as Speaker of the House.

During the 14 years Republicans controlled the White House and Democrats controlled both houses of Congress, spending grew at an average annual rate of 1.92%. During the eight years with a Republican president and a split Congress, spending grew at 2.54% per year.

Everybody knows Republican spend more. They have always spent more. The reason that so many voters don't understand this is because of a very successful media campaign.

Corporations want lower taxes and fewer regulations - therefore corporations overwhelmingly support Right Wing policies. Corporations own media. Corporations support directly and indirectly (through advertising) messengers from the Right. In short: the pitchfork crowd has been lied to because it serves the people who own government and media.

New Topics

Forum List

Back