Bush vs. Obama Popular Vote Tally

Have you noted yet, that Obama didn't win because of a huge BLACK voter turnout?

That is, I think, a rather remarkable outcome.

I assumed that the Blacks would be out with bells on to vote for Obama, but apparently that didn't happen.

There has been a sea change in the American zietgiest in the last four years, folks.

Truly remarkable.

lol

Sorry, I think your numbers are a little off. I dont even have to google that to know BUSH did NOT get 62 million votes, moron. Your about 10 million votes off.

Think about it. Bush got 286 electoral votes. Obama got well over 300. Obviously Obama won more states than Bush did in 2004, so how could the difference in popular vote be within a million votes?

Another brilliant post... who's the moron? You voted for Obama didn't you?

United States presidential election, 2004 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

well I guess if Bush had a "mandate" with his totals then Obama must have a mandate huh?

Still cheerleading for Bush??

Dude, they're not done counting yet, and there are several million provisional ballots that will never be counted.

I was just surprised that the popular vote totals were in the same ballpark. Nothing more, nothing less.

Originally Posted by Vintij
lol

Sorry, I think your numbers are a little off. I dont even have to google that to know BUSH did NOT get 62 million votes, moron. Your about 10 million votes off.

Think about it. Bush got 286 electoral votes. Obama got well over 300. Obviously Obama won more states than Bush did in 2004, so how could the difference in popular vote be within a million votes?
Another brilliant post... who's the moron? You voted for Obama didn't you?

United States presidential election, 2004 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The REALLY BIZARRE thing is that that is how I remember it (very clearly!) too.

I clearly remember it being 52mil-49mil and the first time an election broke 100 mil.

I'm going to google more. Something is weird. Probably my memory, but I really remember it the way vintij does.

Alright, Google says I am wrong wrong wrong....

Age I guess.

You know its because the provisional ballots and all other ballots were later added up to 62 million. It does not matter though because there are millions of ballots and dozens of states that have not been counted fully yet. I expect Obamas number to reach several million more votes, maybe even break 70 million. We will see when all the votes are counted.

Fuck it. He won this one fair and square.

Didn't need a brother screwing over voters in Florida or a Head of His re-election campaign as the Sec of State in Ohio.

You know its because the provisional ballots and all other ballots were later added up to 62 million. It does not matter though because there are millions of ballots and dozens of states that have not been counted fully yet. I expect Obamas number to reach several million more votes, maybe even break 70 million. We will see when all the votes are counted.

Could be. Again, just surprised when I heard the numbers were in the same range. Perhaps when all is said and done they won't be.

Alright, Google says I am wrong wrong wrong....

Age I guess.

I think you might be thinking about 2000. After all the recounting, etc... it was 50,456,002 to 50,999,897 which is closer to your numbers and would have been over 100,000,000.

Nah, it was 2004, but maybe it was the turnout on election day itself or some such?

I have googled but can't find such numbers. Doesn't really matter.

Personally I think 52 to 46 is a rather large margin. But I keep hearing about record turnouts, but so far the turnout hasn't been more than 2004 (122 vs 120 million) Maybe only certain demographics turned out and others fell behind? I'm not sure what to make of it. I guess I'll have to wait to all the votes are accounted for and analyze from there.

It's kind of a population thing- there's way more people of voting age this election and like the results or not, that huge young group turned out and voted.

Forum List

Back