Bush V. Gore, Ticking Time Bomb

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NATO AIR, Oct 20, 2004.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    George Will raises a serious warning flag....

2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,152
    I agree this is deffinately not going to be a problem. I think the Supreme Court was right to stop the fradulent recounting because the Florida Supreme court did over step its bounds. Bush won every recount and i have no idea what Gore was expecting. I mean did he really think that if he had won that last recount the people would ignore the previous three simply because the last one favored him? I mean i seriously dont think he thought it through. He just was desperate for the Presidency.

But now we have that ruling we cant change the past. We have only one hope. We have to hope that Bush wins by such a huge landslide Kerry would look so incredibly stupid challenging it that he wouldnt dare. If not well i dont see either side taking it well if its close. Especially legal questions arise. And if legal questions threaten the legitimacy of the election expect violence. I know no one wants to beleive we are near a civil war, but Democrats have already started attacking varias Republican campaign headquarters across the country so i think we are pretty close to snapping. atleast the fringe.

I think the Extreme leftists are closer to the edge than most. We have already seen Bully on this board openly say he would rebel if Bush was reelected. How much more willing would he and others like him be if Democrats dropped reasons to suggest that Bush "cheated" them again. This election is incredibly important to them. If President Bush wins, liberalism will be out of power for the next generation. They have already lost the Presidency and the Legislature but if they lose the Courts as well...well lets just say good bye to all the power liberals have to put their agenda through. The younger ones are hot headed and ignorant, and whats worse is they think they know better than everyone else. its deffinately not a good combination.

Seriously, if you are for Bush i hope you all realize that we need him to win and win big if we have any chance at avoiding this.

3. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    i acknowledge extreme leftist violence now... but i remember being in south florida during the "republican riot (hardline cubans for bush)" outside the courthouse during the recount fiasco... if the police were not encouraging them and instead trying to stop them, it would have turned into serious violence between them and student demonstrators

4. ScreamingEagle

ScreamingEagle Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,158
    This whole voting problem is just ridiculous! The Supreme Court should just invalidate ALL votes from a state if the state gets all muddled up with "voting problems" because they can't come up with a decent voting system that can be verified by all parties involved. The onus should be on each State government to be responsible to its citizenry.

If almost 300 million people in our country can use Visa cards, etc., with very little fraud occurring - even on the internet - I don't see why a similar secure system can't be set up for voting purposes.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    excellent point