Bush Tax-Cuts; The Fairy-Tale

LOL, do not expect an honest answer to this question; for those who truly believe tax cuts are the panacea for all ills - and there are some on the MB - challenging the dogma they hold so close to their heart will cause an emotional retort, usually a personal attack.

The reason you're not getting the answer you want is because you have set up a false premise. I don't see anyone claiming tax cuts fix everything. That obviously isn't true. It won't help much, for example, if government won't decrease spending to reflect less revenue, which Bush didn't do. Or, as I alluded to before, if taxes are cut in a recession the tendency of many will be to hoard the money rather than spend it. People can have all the money in the world. It's useless without spending it and that's what's happening now. People are tightening the purse strings and making decisions about things they can live without.

Last edited:
LOL, do not expect an honest answer to this question; for those who truly believe tax cuts are the panacea for all ills - and there are some on the MB - challenging the dogma they hold so close to their heart......
......Like a row of (so-many of) their OTHER Absolute-dominos.....

:rolleyes:

LOL, do not expect an honest answer to this question; for those who truly believe tax cuts are the panacea for all ills - and there are some on the MB - challenging the dogma they hold so close to their heart will cause an emotional retort, usually a personal attack.

Wow.. tax cuts are the cure for all ills?? That's a new one.
Only to you folks who've just-recently discovered politics.....after a Black-dude was elected President.

I guess your discovery was a mere-coincidence.....regarding the timeline. :rolleyes:

Please explain how more money out of the hands of the consuming citizenry equates to a higher economic output... you have been asked this NUMEROUS times... troll... without your winger links

You act as if it was all the Clinton tax schema that beget the tech bubble boom of the 90's... this is HARDLY the case... you prefer not to answer because even your troll ass knows the truth does not support your winger claims

The only way it (tax cuts) work is if you cut spending at the same time. Bush did not, and we are now paying for it. The Chinese pretty much own us now.

I'm not in favor of taxes, but if the government is spending money on supporting military forces around the world, subsidizing health care, bailing out businesses, and building infrastructure then the means have to come from somewhere.
You'd expect the 1%ers/high-roller$ would have certainly generated enough interest (from their PRE-War tax-cuts), that they'd SURELY be willing to pay for their share of the War(s), by now. :rolleyes:

Please explain how more money out of the hands of the consuming citizenry equates to a higher economic output... you have been asked this NUMEROUS times... troll... without your winger links

You act as if it was all the Clinton tax schema that beget the tech bubble boom of the 90's... this is HARDLY the case... you prefer not to answer because even your troll ass knows the truth does not support your winger claims

The only way it (tax cuts) work is if you cut spending at the same time. Bush did not, and we are now paying for it. The Chinese pretty much own us now.

I'm not in favor of taxes, but if the government is spending money on supporting military forces around the world, subsidizing health care, bailing out businesses, and building infrastructure then the means have to come from somewhere.

Did I support or have I stated support for Bush's idiotic actions of increasing spending?? Nope....
Gee.....a SOLID-POSITION.....after-the-fact.

How courageous....how "conservative"....of you.

Please explain how more money out of the hands of the consuming citizenry equates to a higher economic output...
See: 1993 Deficit Reduction Legislationhttp://www.kellysite.net/taxes.html

Now......you answer MY question:

Why HAVEN'T 7-9 years been enough time for BUSHCO's tax-cuts to "work"?????

:eusa_eh:

Your causation shows nothing as to what was asked.. please show the actual economic factors that show that higher taxation causes economic upswing...
.....Like the (obviously FAULTY) factors "conservatives" offer, defending tax-cuts???? :eusa_eh:

I'd say precedent (i.e. the failures o' tax-cuts) beat-you-to-the-punch.

See: 1993 Deficit Reduction Legislationhttp://www.kellysite.net/taxes.html

Now......you answer MY question:

Why HAVEN'T 7-9 years been enough time for BUSHCO's tax-cuts to "work"?????

:eusa_eh:

Your causation shows nothing as to what was asked.. please show the actual economic factors that show that higher taxation causes economic upswing...
.....Like the (obviously FAULTY) factors "conservatives" offer, defending tax-cuts???? :eusa_eh:

Your opinion, nor the opinion of winger sites, is not fact... you simply cannot seem to grasp this concept... please show what was asked... or shut the fuck up, troll

Did I support or have I stated support for Bush's idiotic actions of increasing spending?? Nope....

After the fact?? Uh... troll, conservatives have been stating this against spending (whether it be Bush, Obama, or whomever) for a LONG time.... just because that fact exposes the absurdity of your assumption, does not mean you get to try and twist it to fit your agenda

You'd expect the 1%ers/high-roller$ would have certainly generated enough interest (from their PRE-War tax-cuts), that they'd SURELY be willing to pay for their share of the War(s), by now. :rolleyes:

Funny that you think that "their share" should be more than the shares of other citizens... I am willing to pay 'my share' of the necessary expenses of government at an EQUAL rate on every dollar as every other citizen... not an unequal % rate on every dollar that is spent on an ever growing government, more bullshit entitlements, and bailouts, when ~50% of the citizenry pays ZERO in income taxes

Why hasn't it worked YET?

What part of the last eight years did you miss?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The United States Unemployment Rate By Year

You unemployment table is interesting because it shows a long term trend:

Was the unemployment rate higher or lower at the END of their term?

Truman, dem LOWER

Eisenhower, rep HIGHER

Kennedy, dem LOWER

Johnson dem LOWER

Nixon rep HIGHER

Ford rep HIGHER

Reagan rep LOWER

Bush 1 rep HIGHER

Clinton dem LOWER

Bush 2 rep HIGHER

I suspect Obama will carry on the tradition

Care to comment?

That's pretty loaded.

For example under Einsenhower unemployment rose to 6.84, but fell to 5.54 by the time he left office. Yet you claim it's "higher" by the time he leaves? EH!!!!!!! Nice TRY!!!!!!! :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

Under Nixon it rose to 5.95 but fell to 4.86 by the time he left office.

Under Bush it rose to 5.9 but fell to 5.76 by the time he left office.

So how do you figure they had HIGHER unemployment.

Now let's look at OBAMA. He's at a 9.26 on that scale.

So, let's say it does fall, to say 8 or even 7.

BIG DAMN DEAL, He's still HIGHER than the other presidents you tried to claim had "higher" unemployment.

Nice try, but the real numbers don't back you up.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yet.....how quickly/conveniently you "conservatives" forget-all-about the pile-o'-cash that Bill Clinton left Daddy Bush's burnt-out frat-boy, in 2000. :rolleyes:

The reason you're not getting the answer you want is because you have set up a false premise. I don't see anyone claiming tax cuts fix everything. That obviously isn't true.
....But, that rainy-day fund could have made a difference.....if Lil' Dumbya & Daddy's buds hadn't had their MONSTRO-KEGGER!!!! :rolleyes: (....After they'd bragged about the Adults that were takin'-over after Bill Clinton.)​

Your opinion, nor the opinion of winger sites, is not fact...
Ya' got nothin'.......but the (proven) failure o' tax-cuts.......

Well done. :clap2:

After the fact?? Uh... troll, conservatives have been stating this against spending (whether it be Bush, Obama, or whomever) for a LONG time....
Yeah.....at least a year, to a-year-and-a-half.

I've heard it all.

Congratulations.

The reason you're not getting the answer you want is because you have set up a false premise. I don't see anyone claiming tax cuts fix everything. That obviously isn't true.
....But, that rainy-day fund could have made a difference.....if Lil' Dumbya & Daddy's buds hadn't had their MONSTRO-KEGGER!!!! :rolleyes: (....After they'd bragged about the Adults that were takin'-over after Bill Clinton.)​

Sorry Shaman. Making excuses for an ineffecient body not having enough money is not going to be a winning argument.

Funny that you think that "their share" should be more than the shares of other citizens...
The other citizens weren't as heavily-invested in Oil & Defense stocks.

They made other-investments.

a1622.2.jpg

It's time the 1%ers/high-roller$ PAY-UP!!!!!

Sorry Shaman. Making excuses for an ineffecient body not having enough money is not going to be a winning argument.

Yeah.....I guess too-many people voted/bet-heavily on that MBA.

Tax cuts in and of themselves can't make or break an economy. But tax cuts help an economy.

Furthermore raising taxes in a down economy on everyone making $6K+ annually, on everyones retirement funds and on investment capital in general WILL ALWAYS BE EXTREMELY DETRIMENTAL ON AN ECONOMY and only pea-brain morons would welcome it!

I love how you use the red and blue coloring plus the centering. Great way to get people NOT to read your posts!

Forum List

Back