Bush Tax Cuts Getting Extended - Give Obama Credit!!!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
If you are a blind hater, then you will never be happy with this move. However, its a good sign that Obama might start compromising (similar to Clinton)! His liberal base hates this move and he still appears to be doing it anyways.

Give credit where credit is due!

White House Concedes on Upper Income Tax Cuts - FoxNews.com
senior adviser David Axelrod insisted Thursday that comments he made to an an online publication conceding to an extension of tax cuts for all income levels are no different from remarks by the president over the weekend.

Axelrod, who confirmed to Fox News comments he made to The Huffington Post, suggested that the administration is ready to accept an across-the-board continuation of current tax rates, marking a turnaround from the White House's pre-midterm election stance on impending tax increases.

"We have to deal with the world as we find it," he said. However, Axelrod made clear to Fox News the White House is not conceding a permanent extension for the top 2 percent of earners.

The president's top adviser also acknowledged that separating different categories of tax cuts now is politically unrealistic and procedurally difficult.

"We don't want that tax increase to go forward for the middle class ... But plainly, what we can't do is permanently extend these high income taxes," he told the online publication.

Glad to see he final realized that jacking taxes up for everyone at the end of the year was going to hurt everyone.

Glad also to see that he cares about the "middle class" more than he hates the rich. Unlike some people. But then I take that for the fact that he doesn't really have an envy for the rich. He just stirs the emnity between so called classes for political purposes and those that are envious of the rich get blinded by anger.

There shouldn't have been a tax cut in the first place. Its better to let the rates go back where they belong rather than borrowing more and more.

No worries, what he gives with one hand he shall take with the other. I'd say, how about a special tax on Government employees? Since they are making on average roughly twice what private sector employees make, how about a special 20% tax for them? Let them pay their fair share.

Last edited:
Credit for doing it...

But leery about what he will do... and will watch closely how he tries to punish the 'evil rich' in another way

Caution with this President is always the order of the day.

That said, IF he does manage (like Bubba did) to seek a more moderate path* -- such as by supporting the extension of the Bush Administration tax cuts -- then I will indeed give him props for it.

For now, though, it's time to "wait and see."

And I don't care for any quid pro quo nonsense. This is not the time for the GOP to compromise with the Obama Administration or the liberals of the Democrat Party. Either the country moves in the direction in which the PEOPLE have made clear they want it to move, or I'll happily settle for GRIDLOCK.

I'll be interested to see what this does to the economy. The fact that most didn't expect Obama to do this may stimulate the economy.

this election has proved mostly that democrats are a party made up of pussies, afraid to stand up for their own legislation and aggressively prove its worth.

There shouldn't have been a tax cut in the first place. Its better to let the rates go back where they belong rather than borrowing more and more.

Tell me something. If taxes go up, do the people with wealth pay higher wages, or do they move their wealth and income someplace where it won't be taxed as high?

Taxation isn't the problem. Spending is.

If you are a blind hater, then you will never be happy with this move. However, its a good sign that Obama might start compromising (similar to Clinton)! His liberal base hates this move and he still appears to be doing it anyways.

Give credit where credit is due!

White House Concedes on Upper Income Tax Cuts - FoxNews.com
senior adviser David Axelrod insisted Thursday that comments he made to an an online publication conceding to an extension of tax cuts for all income levels are no different from remarks by the president over the weekend.

Axelrod, who confirmed to Fox News comments he made to The Huffington Post, suggested that the administration is ready to accept an across-the-board continuation of current tax rates, marking a turnaround from the White House's pre-midterm election stance on impending tax increases.

"We have to deal with the world as we find it," he said. However, Axelrod made clear to Fox News the White House is not conceding a permanent extension for the top 2 percent of earners.

The president's top adviser also acknowledged that separating different categories of tax cuts now is politically unrealistic and procedurally difficult.

"We don't want that tax increase to go forward for the middle class ... But plainly, what we can't do is permanently extend these high income taxes," he told the online publication.

Great but let's wait and see the signature on the paper work.

If true..

What a fantastically ridiculous thing to do.

It's a lose/lose.

indeed......if you have no clue how the market works.

Obama knows the class warfare shit is dead for the moment and yes, the uber k00ks will be pissed. But this is an attempt by Obama to clearly save his political hide. There are a few trillion $$ sitting on the sidelines right now, not budging an inch due to concerns of small businesses of significant tax hikes. The economy is going NOWHERE without them and unemployment will remain in the stratosphere......which is quite alright for the k00ks, as long as the capitalist gets kicked in the balls.

The k00ks never get it...........we saw it here in New York recently where the state raised taxes expecting increased revenues and instead.........the fell.........by billions.:boobies::boobies::boobies:. The Keynesian model is a goof.........always has been. Never worked in the history of the world......except of course, in the minds of the k00ks who value philosophy over anything, results be damned!!!!

If true..

It's a lose/lose.

werewolf-2.jpg

lmao....as close to a laughing his balls off werewolf as I could find!!!:lmao::funnyface::lmao::funnyface:

If true..

It's a lose/lose.

How about YOU enclose an extra check on 4-15-11.....
I personally want to keep more of the $$ I earn.
That will stimulate my economy more than watching them give it to those who didnt earn their own.

Idiots.. More tax cuts that will increase the deficit b/c they aren't paid for.

Then the rightwingnuts can blame Obama for the deficit some more.

Idiocy. Obama still hasn't learned that you can't play nice with people whose only goal is to see you fail

Forum List

Back