Bush Tax Cuts End Recession!

Wry Catcher

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
November 1, 2009, from The Washington Times
Visionary Republicans saw the recession as far back as 2002 and cut taxes then to end the recession of 2007. Messrs. Boehner and McConnell, their colleagues and friends in Business and Industry, and the decider, president George W. Bush, were able to predict a recession years in advance and end it by an historic tax cut and war of choice, even before the recession began.
Mr. Bush, and his former mentor, Mr. Cheney, will celebrate their success at an event schedule for today at the famous Bull near Wall Street. Large pennents proudly proclaiming "Mission Accomplished" will be handed out courtesy of the Heritage Foundation and the Palin for President Committee. Gov. Palin herself will be the head speaker, scheduled to give Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney the first annual Medal of Nostrdamus. At the same time Gov Palin will provide clarity to disabuse the public of the belief that Nostradamus was French, and provided her unquestionable opinion that he was in reality an Alaskan.

Clearly a troll move. The recession you mention ended in 2002. Economic stimulation by placing money in the hands of the taxpayers worked. The current/recent recession/depression cannot be assessed as to its reason for ending. It started because of the mortgage crisis. That can be followed back to Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae inappropriate loans fostered by Mr. Franks, ACORN and the Democratic party. Mark-to-Market rules also made the problem worse. Atempts by the Republicans to correct these things were stopped by the Democrats.

Clearly a troll move. The recession you mention ended in 2002. Economic stimulation by placing money in the hands of the taxpayers worked. The current/recent recession/depression cannot be assessed as to its reason for ending. It started because of the mortgage crisis. That can be followed back to Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae inappropriate loans fostered by Mr. Franks, ACORN and the Democratic party. Mark-to-Market rules also made the problem worse. Atempts by the Republicans to correct these things were stopped by the Democrats.

And these attempts were....???

Wow, how many looney myths can you pack into one post?? lol.

And these attempts were....???

Those were failed 'Republican' attempts when the Republicans held the majority in the legislature and the Presidency.

The absolutely most hilarious myth to come out of the financial meltdown was that it was caused by liberals who wouldn't let the conservatives impose enough regulations on Wall Street and the financial sector.

It sounds crazy enough to work!!! :lol::lol:

Let's not forget that the rightwing propaganda machine gave the credit for the historic economic expansion of the Clinton years to...

...anyone?

...of COURSE! Reaganomics!!!!

:lol::lol:

• Banned

Wow. I hope for your sake this post was meant as satirical.
Mine was for laughs, though there is truth in the way the right is prone to interpret history to blame others and reap credit for themselves; the fact is the post was satirical. You may be the only one who didn't get it.

Mine was for laughs, though there is truth in the way the right is prone to interpret history to blame others and reap credit for themselves; the fact is the post was satirical. You may be the only one who didn't get it.

Oh I understood just fine. Problem is, there are enough around here that would cheer the first post. This is evidenced by those that think my post is not factually based.

Oh I understood just fine. Problem is, there are enough around here that would cheer the first post. This is evidenced by those that think my post is not factually based.

Your kidding? You really believe what you wrote? You REALLY believe it? WOW

Your kidding? You really believe what you wrote? You REALLY believe it? WOW

Never underestimate the power of belief in the Religion of Tax Cuts.

:lol: ---->Whoosh----> I'll bet you read ONE right-wing article making that case about a year ago, and you continue to believe it all as the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Pathetic.

Here, I won't even ask you to "read" anything else. Just watch this:

Hulu - CNBC Originals: House of Cards - Watch the full episode now.

:lol: ---->Whoosh----> I'll bet you read ONE right-wing article making that case about a year ago, and you continue to believe it all as the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Pathetic.

Too bad the willfully ignorant will not watch this link. Thanks for this post.

Too bad the willfully ignorant will not watch this link. Thanks for this post.

Amazing isn't it; righties are so predictable.

Well patek, we'll never agree on the result of Bush&Co. I believe he was, is and will always be (hopefully) the most incomptetent POTUS.
However, I think we can agree that this nation we both love and have supported by our service is in trouble. Someday, somehow, Americans need to come together.

This is what's responsible for the current recession.....
PBS Frontline: The Warning -- How Greenspan, Summers & Rubin Conspired To Silence Derivatives Whistleblower Brooksley*Born - Home - The Daily Bail

This is a sad testament to you fools who insist on playing the blame game day after fucking day!!!!!!!!

I'm getting real sick of this Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

So are many others. Even Obama supporters I know are growing tired of it. They want results, and leadership, not excuses.

This is what's responsible for the current recession.....
PBS Frontline: The Warning -- How Greenspan, Summers & Rubin Conspired To Silence Derivatives Whistleblower Brooksley*Born - Home - The Daily Bail

This is a sad testament to you fools who insist on playing the blame game day after fucking day!!!!!!!!

I'm getting real sick of this Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!

So are many others. Even Obama supporters I know are growing tired of it. They want results, and leadership, not excuses.

True, In what direction and by what means do you believe he must lead?

Forum List

Back