Bush Sums up the cause of the Conflict: Merged w/ "Speaks his Mind" thread

Whoa....go to cnn.com and click on the video. Its basically Bush and Blair having a private conversation when they are eating while a mic is near them. I don't see how anyone can blame him for the cuss word, they didn't know a mic was on them, it was a private conversation.

theHawk said:
Whoa....go to cnn.com and click on the video. Its basically Bush and Blair having a private conversation when they are eating while a mic is near them. I don't see how anyone can blame him for the cuss word, they didn't know a mic was on them, it was a private conversation.

The way he spoke made me like him a bit more. It's nice to hear these bigshots talking like a couple of blue collar guys drinking PBR. Maybe politics isn't so complicated after all.

Yea its cool to see the 'real' Bush :teeth:

It was Blair that left his mic on.

Bush gets the big picture, even if other world "leaders" don't.

A Slip of the Tongue Can Tell You a Lot
By Wesley Pruden, The Washington Times
July 18, 2006

George W.'s heartfelt outburst yesterday at the G-8 summit, describing the Hezbollah attack on Israel (and by implication the terrorists themselves) as barnyard excrement, is stout-hearted and reassuring. This president gets it.

You might think the television networks, which more or less invented the vulgarity that has submerged the culture in slime, would know better than to be shocked (shocked!) by the president's word selection, which the TV correspondents invariably described as "cursing," which of course it was not. Vulgarity is not nice, even in what both parties thought was a private conversation between a president and a prime minister, but it gives us an unexpected insight into what George W. really thinks. He obviously regards the diplomatic niceties, taken with such seriousness by those with too much lace on their panties, with the disdain everyone else does.

The president's manly vocabulary recalls Bess Truman's wifely frustration with her husband's earthy way of telling it like it was. One of Mrs. Truman's friends suggested that she persuade the president to eliminate his habit of describing certain partisan parries as "horse manure." "My dear," Mrs. Truman replied, "you have no idea how long it took me to get him to say 'manure.'?"

Bulls have long since replaced horses as the major purveyors of conversational manure, and the president's impatience with the terrorists -- and by implication his impatience with the patience shown by certain of his colleagues -- is a bracing tonic, much needed.

for full article:
http://www.washtimes.com/national/pruden.htm

New Topics

Forum List

Back