Bush Speaks for 1st Time Since Leaving Office

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
I don't kwow what my state did to deserve this.

Michigan Messenger » Protesters expected as ex-President Bush visits one of Michigan’s poorest cities

Former President George W. Bush is expected to make his first major post-presidency speech this evening in Benton Harbor, one of Michigan’s poorest cities.

Bush’s visit is sponsored by the Economic Development Club of Southwest Michigan which was founded by Louis Upton, the co-founder of the locally-headquartered Whirlpool Corp. and grandfather of longtime local Republican U.S. Rep. Fred Upton.

The Whirlpool Corp. and Congressman Upton are backers of a controversial economic development project that involves privatizing part of Benton Harbor’s public lakefront.

This project — Harbor Shores, a luxury housing and commercial development centered around a Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course atop part of the city’s Lake Michigan dunes — is being closely watched as a precedent that could endanger the legal status of all public land.

FOX News reports that members of the group WarCriminalsWatch.orgis planning to protest Bush’s visit as part of a national day of protest against U.S. torture.

Like I told you yesterday, motherfucker.. Let Whirlpool enjoy mexico. Did you think America would stop doing laundry just because your kind can't hold us economical hostage anymore?

sheesh..

Forum List

Back