Bush Says God Told him to invade Afghan/Iraq

manu1959 said:
I don't believe in god as bush does....and neither do you ...... you have no clue what happens when he prays and i have no clue what he thinks either.... you however made fun of him and accused him of being insane for talking "with" god.

What if there is a god? What if he does speak to people? The bible states that it has occurred as does the Koran? Terrorist state that Allah has told them to kill infidels? Are the Iraqi freedom fighters insane? If so they should be killed as well. No? if they are both insane then are not all that follow them insane? If all are insane then all are sane?

My guess is the logic of philosophy and symmetry of argument is too much?

None the less freedom to choose ones religion and the right to practice it as one sees fit and draw strength from it is one of the cornerstones of this country.... it is one of the cornerstones which the “Iraqi freedom fighters” would eliminate if the could….you would pray to Allah or die….. Freedom of speech and your right to make fun of the president is too a cornerstone.... those that did it in Iraq under saddam were fed into a wood chipper feet first…..not stripped naked and made fun of……

I choose to defend people that are attacked for reasons I believe are without merit…..that is why I asked you a simple question and you accused me of being illiterate…..

If I get to choose a man such as you or one that speaks with god my choice is easy.

Do Christians at work make fun of you because you make decisions without speaking to / with god?

Hearing voices is one of the symptoms of mental illness. Would you disagree?

Nuc said:
Hearing voices is one of the symptoms of mental illness. Would you disagree?

nope....and when you read this do you hear it?....when you think....i need to go to work do you hear it?

doing things that society does not morally or ethically accept as normal and blaming it on voices may be mental .... but it is not for me to judge ..... you don't like bush and you don't like what is going on .... fair enough ..... but don't make up shit to justify your beliefs .... just stand up state your opinion and stand there ..... to say he is a moron and speaks with god so he is insane and rove and cheeny run the country excpet when they are stupid is weak .....

manu1959 said:
nope....and when you read this do you hear it?....when you think....i need to go to work do you hear it?

doing things that society does not morally or ethically accept as normal and blaming it on voices may be mental .... but it is not for me to judge ..... you don't like bush and you don't like what is going on .... fair enough ..... but don't make up shit to justify your beliefs .... just stand up state your opinion and stand there ..... to say he is a moron and speaks with god so he is insane and rove and cheeny run the country excpet when they are stupid is weak .....

Sorry pal, "I speak with God and he responds to me and tells me what to do, and then I do it" is about as grandiose as human ego can get. I want evidence or else I have to say, "Bullshit".

Nuc said:
Sorry pal, "I speak with God and he responds to me and tells me what to do, and then I do it" is about as grandiose as human ego can get. I want evidence or else I have to say, "Bullshit".

if there is a god ..... not doing what you belive god has told you to do would be as grandious as a human ego can get

if there is not a god ..... then he is simply drawing strength from within same as you.

manu1959 said:
if there is a god ..... not doing what you belive god has told you to do would be as grandious as a human ego can get

if there is not a god ..... then he is simply drawing strength from within same as you.

Sorry, but is he hearing voices from God/gods or not? This seems to me not to be a grey area. It's an either/or thing.

Nuc said:
Sorry, but is he hearing voices from God/gods or not? This seems to me not to be a grey area. It's an either/or thing.

does it matter?

when you decide right from wrong.....who or what help you decide?

bush needed to decide fight al queda in afganistan or don't.....he looked for guidance and strenght....he prayed..... from those conversations in his head....he made a decission...

do things just come to you in a blinding flash or do you think about them in your head? think out loud (now that is nuts) ? so he prays and calls it speaking with god. big deal. if he didn't speak with god and still invaded afganistan would it be ok?

manu1959 said:
does it matter?

when you decide right from wrong.....who or what help you decide?

bush needed to decide fight al queda in afganistan or don't.....he looked for guidance and strenght....he prayed..... from those conversations in his head....he made a decission...

do things just come to you in a blinding flash or do you think about them in your head? think out loud (now that is nuts) ? so he prays and calls it speaking with god. big deal. if he didn't speak with god and still invaded afganistan would it be ok?

It is a big deal. If you think about things, you are normal. If you say God/gods are telling you what to do (and it's not true) you are insane. What is it you can't understand about this equation?
:gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay:

Nuc said:
It is a big deal. If you think about things, you are normal. If you say God/gods are telling you what to do (and it's not true) you are insane. What is it you can't understand about this equation?
:gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay: :gay:

so if you think about things but don't involve god you are sane

if you think about things and involve god you are insane

and if i disagree with you i am gay to 10th power?

why are you so intollerant?

manu1959 said:
so if you think about things but don't involve god you are sane

if you think about things and involve god you are insane

and if i disagree with you i am gay to 10th power?

why are you so intollerant?

No worries, manu, we will agree to disagree.
:beer:

Nuc said:
No worries, manu, we will agree to disagree.
:beer:

only because you belive that i belive the point of view i have been arguing....

i am simply defending the right of the president to pray.

you are saying he is insane because he prays.

i do not pray, i belive your argument is unreasonable and i do not belive the president is a moron or insane....i also belive that we should not be in iraq....

now what?

manu1959 said:
only because you belive that i belive the point of view i have been arguing....

i am simply defending the right of the president to pray.

you are saying he is insane because he prays.

i do not pray, i belive your argument is unreasonable and i do not belive the president is a moron or insane....i also belive that we should not be in iraq....

now what?

I am not saying he is insane because he prays. The title of this topic is "Bush says God told him to invade Iraq". I doubt the literal veracity of that, but I concede that it is not necessarily a first hand statement from W. himself.

Nuc said:
Anybody who says he talks with God is either insane....or possibly insane.....or just insane. :arabia: :arabia: :arabia: :arabia: :arabia:

fair enough...from where i stand your last post is a far cry from your first

Nuc said:
Anybody who says he talks with God is either insane....or possibly insane.....or just insane. :arabia: :arabia: :arabia: :arabia: :arabia:

Simply because you've never talked to God doesn't mean others haven't.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,171501,00.html

On a Mission From God?
Thursday, October 06, 2005
By Brit Hume

August 09, 2005
Now some fresh pickings from the Political Grapevine:

The BBC is promoting its new documentary on peace in the Middle East by plugging a Palestinian official who claims President Bush said he invaded Iraq because God told him to. Palestinian Foreign Minister Nabil Shaath (search) tells the filmmakers that in a 2003 meeting, the president said, "God would tell me, ‘George, go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan.’ And I did, and then God would tell me, ‘George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq...’ And I did.'"

But White House Spokesman Scott McClellan (search) says he's been in meetings with the president and Arab leaders, and that Shaath's claim is absurd. And other officials who were present, and took notes, at the meetings, say the same thing.

Lefty Wilbury said:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,171501,00.html

On a Mission From God?
Thursday, October 06, 2005
By Brit Hume

August 09, 2005
Now some fresh pickings from the Political Grapevine:

The BBC is promoting its new documentary on peace in the Middle East by plugging a Palestinian official who claims President Bush said he invaded Iraq because God told him to. Palestinian Foreign Minister Nabil Shaath (search) tells the filmmakers that in a 2003 meeting, the president said, "God would tell me, ‘George, go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan.’ And I did, and then God would tell me, ‘George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq...’ And I did.'"

But White House Spokesman Scott McClellan (search) says he's been in meetings with the president and Arab leaders, and that Shaath's claim is absurd. And other officials who were present, and took notes, at the meetings, say the same thing.

hello....

Nuc said:
Do you actually think that when Bush "talks to God", God responds to him?

I think God responds to anyone who wants to talk to Him after their faith has been tried. He isn't just going to start talking to you because you demand Him to based on your pride or ego. But He will whisper promptings by the Spirit to those who are humble and seek His guidence. The problem is too often people talk to God rather then with Him. They tell Him what they want and then end conversation like they are ordering a pizza. They don't bother to listen or fill their lives with so much noise that they couldn't hear Him if they wanted to.

To say that anyone who claims to speak with God is insane is just plane arogant. Just because you might not talk with Him, doesn't mean others who are more open to it aren't.

Forum List

Back