Bush Says God Told him to invade Afghan/Iraq

USMCDevilDog

Jul 8, 2005
Alexandria, Virginia
I don't know wether to laugh or pray. I guess it sounds normal if you think about it but the way it's presented in this article makes it sound wierd.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20051006/ts_alt_afp/mideastbritainusiraq_051006214432

Bush claimed God told him to invade Iraq, Afghanistan: BBC Thu Oct 6, 6:05 PM ET

US President George W. Bush allegedly said God told him to invade Iraq and Afghanistan, a new BBC documentary will reveal, according to details.

Bush made the claim when he met Palestinian leader Mahmud Abbas and then foreign minister Nabil Shaath in June 2003, the ministers told the documentary series to be broadcast in Britain later this month.

The US leader also told them he had been ordered by God to create a Palestinian state, the ministers said.

Shaath, now the Palestinian information minister, said: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God.

'God would tell me, 'George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan'.'

"And I did, and then God would tell me, 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq...' And I did.

"'And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, 'Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East.' And by God I'm gonna do it'," said Shaath.

Abbas, who was also at the meeting in the Egyptian resort of Sharm al-Sheikh, recalled how the president told him: "I have a moral and religious obligation.

"So I will get you a Palestinian state."

A BBC spokesman said the content of the programme had been put to the White House but it had refused to comment on a private conversation.

The three-part series, "Elusive Peace: Israel and the Arabs", charts the attempts to bring peace to the Middle East, from former US president Bill Clinton's peace talks in 1999-2000 to Israel's withdrawal from the Gaza strip.

The programme speaks to presidents and prime ministers, their generals and ministers, about what happened behind closed doors as the peace talks failed and the intifada grew.

The series is due to be screened in Britain on October 10, 17 and 24.

My friend made a good point about this. It was written by the British and they can say what they want, kinda like the U.S.'s own National Inquire, I didn't know that. But they did quote him and it is an interview that will be aired so maybe he did say that directly which would surprise me. I wouldn't expect him to admit something like that. You know that the libs are gonna say somethings wrong in his head, I'll put money down on that!

USMCDevilDog... My friend made a good point about this. It was written by the British and they can say what they want, kinda like the U.S.'s own National Inquire, I didn't know that. But they did quote him and it is an interview that will be aired so maybe he did say that directly which would surprise me. I wouldn't expect him to admit something like that. You know that the libs are gonna say somethings wrong in his head, I'll put money down on that!

It was probably more likely that he said he prayed before making decisions like that but they twisted it to make him sound like a nut......BBC figures

Anybody who says he talks with God is either insane....or possibly insane.....or just insane. :arabia: :arabia: :arabia: :arabia: :arabia:

Nuc said:
Anybody who says he talks with God is either insane....or possibly insane.....or just insane. :arabia: :arabia: :arabia: :arabia: :arabia:

when you are diagnosed with cancer......i bet that.....you will ask god to help you.....and when you survive....you will lie to yourself

manu1959 said:
when you are diagnosed with cancer......i bet that.....you will ask god to help you.....and when you survive....you will lie to yourself

Try to understand English, or consult some reference books. I said talks WITH God. Not talks TO God. Or is there no difference?

If you talk TO God you are engaging in positive thinking. If, on the other hand you think you are talking WITH God, you are hallucinating.

Nuc said:
Try to understand English, or consult some reference books. I said talks WITH God. Not talks TO God. Or is there no difference?

If you talk TO God you are engaging in positive thinking. If, on the other hand you think you are talking WITH God, you are hallucinating.

try to not be an asshole, or consult someone with manners.....so it is ok to ask god for guidence and act upon your own postive thinking...got it.....so for the media to report that he was talking with god then they would be insane....and thus for you to blame bush for things other accuse him of would mean you are hallucinating.

manu1959 said:
try to not be an asshole, or consult someone with manners.....so it is ok to ask god for guidence and act upon your own postive thinking...got it.....so for the media to report that he was talking with god then they would be insane....and thus for you to blame bush for things other accuse him of would mean you are hallucinating.

Can someone translate this into standard English?

Nuc said:
Can someone translate this into standard English?

insults, symantic games and pretending to be smart....all because i defend the right of my president to pray to god for guidance.....

manu1959 said:
insults, symantic games and pretending to be smart....all because i defend the right of my president to pray to god for guidance.....

Pray to whatever gets you off. But if you think that deity is talking back to you, you better have evidence, or you are hallucinating, insane, hearing things. Do you understand the difference between "to" and "with"? Because if you don't you should study a bit before making any posts.

Nuc said:
Pray to whatever gets you off. But if you think that deity is talking back to you, you better have evidence, or you are hallucinating, insane, hearing things. Do you understand the difference between "to" and "with"? Because if you don't you should study a bit before making any posts.

i understand the difference.....you do not....and if you belive that bush spoke with god in the way that you and the bbc want to belive then it is no shock that you belive as you do....for nothing that happens in your life will change your view of things....you are set....you are right....you will always be right....yet more often than not you will not be correct.

manu1959 said:
i understand the difference.....you do not....and if you belive that bush spoke with god in the way that you and the bbc want to belive then it is no shock that you belive as you do....for nothing that happens in your life will change your view of things....you are set....you are right....you will always be right....yet more often than not you will not be correct.

Excuse me, I can talk to Plato, Zeus, Buddha, Shiva, Jesus, Moses, or the man on the moon. But I can't talk "with" them unless they respond to me.

Do you actually think that when Bush "talks to God", God responds to him?

Nuc said:
Excuse me, I can talk to Plato, Zeus, Buddha, Shiva, Jesus, Moses, or the man on the moon. But I can't talk "with" them unless they respond to me.

Do you actually think that when Bush "talks to God", God responds to him?

I don't believe in god as bush does....and neither do you ...... you have no clue what happens when he prays and i have no clue what he thinks either.... you however made fun of him and accused him of being insane for talking "with" god.

What if there is a god? What if he does speak to people? The bible states that it has occurred as does the Koran? Terrorist state that Allah has told them to kill infidels? Are the Iraqi freedom fighters insane? If so they should be killed as well. No? if they are both insane then are not all that follow them insane? If all are insane then all are sane?

My guess is the logic of philosophy and symmetry of argument is too much?

None the less freedom to choose ones religion and the right to practice it as one sees fit and draw strength from it is one of the cornerstones of this country.... it is one of the cornerstones which the “Iraqi freedom fighters” would eliminate if the could….you would pray to Allah or die….. Freedom of speech and your right to make fun of the president is too a cornerstone.... those that did it in Iraq under saddam were fed into a wood chipper feet first…..not stripped naked and made fun of……

I choose to defend people that are attacked for reasons I believe are without merit…..that is why I asked you a simple question and you accused me of being illiterate…..

If I get to choose a man such as you or one that speaks with god my choice is easy.

Do Christians at work make fun of you because you make decisions without speaking to / with god?

Forum List

Back