Bush: Privacy of Families Outweighs Photos

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040423/D824QRSG0.html

Apr 23, 7:59 PM (ET)

By RANDALL CHASE

DOVER, Del. (AP) - President Bush considers the release of photographs of flag-draped military coffins a reminder of the fallen troops' sacrifice, but believes family privacy should be respected, the White House said Friday.

Pentagon officials said the photos, issued last week and posted on an Internet site, should not have been made public under a policy prohibiting media coverage of human remains. Some activists argue that the photos, released last week, underscore the war's human cost.

"America knows full well that our men and women are serving and serving brilliantly both in Iraq and around the world. ... America is aware this is a war against terrorism," Bush spokesman Trent Duffy said. But, he said, "The message is, the sensitivity and privacy of families of the fallen must be the first priority."

I agree. If i had a family member over there die in battle, i wouldnt want their coffin being used by to gain political advantage for any Politician. That goes for Bush, Kerry, Nader, on down to a local councilman or mayor.

I agree...they shouldn't be used for ratings either for any of the networks. The media seems like they have no heart at times.

I love the way democrats try to pin this policy on Bush. It's a pentagon policy that was in place before Bush came into office.

And he's absolutely correct. There's no place in politics for airing soldiers remains. The soldiers and their families deserve respect and privacy.

Forum List

Back