Bush Payola Scandal

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by spillmind, Jan 29, 2005.

1. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,1401183,00.html

glad to know my tax dollars go to paying for promoting a politician's policy.

i'm sure the bush amdin will try to cover it up, spin this off, convince anyone who still listens to believe these actions were legit.

OUR country, YOUR president.

just keeping tabs on watching our country go down in flames. i'll wait to see you guys on the correct bandwagon soon enough.

honestly, people, how can you love bush so much? it's borderline ludicrous at this point!

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    :clap: Well said.

3. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    Spill,

I understand your anger at the idea of pundits and commentators paid by an administration (or wannabe administration) using their forums to spread ideas that they have been paid to support without letting their readers know what is going on.

You were, of course, vehemently opposing such ideas when they were considered commonplace occurrances during the Clinton years? And you were, of course, upset by the idea that CNN would allow talk show hosts to claim to be open-mindedly commenting on US politics while working for a presidential nominees campaign??? Right?

I mean, I am sure that the only reason you have not posted your outrage at these occurrances beforehand was that you wanted to make sure that you had plenty of examples of these happenings before you brought them forward...and now that you have...you will be back to offer suggestions on how BOTH sides of the political spectrum can make changes to make sure that these egregious happenings don't occur again???

4. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,183
    oh what a scandal. People are being paid to promote American policy when they would have done it anwyay. how scandalous.

5. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    i like your reply. it's right up with your definition of 'success' in iraq, and right up there with your reasoning as to why the iraqis have a paper trail if we don't need one! then again, a small percentage of the minorirty sounds just like my country! :laugh:

i still have a hard time coming to grips with the fact that a lot of people are STILL completely and totally missing the bigger picture... and THAT is what is dividing the nation today.

6. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    What?!?

7. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    Hillary, Daschle Helped Bankroll Dem Radio Hosts

www.newsmax.com

I'm sure that you were going to get around to mentioning this, huh Spill?

8. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    i don't expect anyone to catch on just like that after believing one way for so long.

it's rather simple. we cannot function without the rest of the world. we depend on many nations to invest in our economy, and for trade.

our appointed leader is not popular around this planet we share with other human beings- consistently- and for good reasons. this article i posted is only a metaphor for the agenda and the methodology as to why this is the case.

i'm getting sick of soap box routine, and it isn't being received in a constructive way anyway, so just keep in mind that when the ish hits the fan big time, that you didn't have red warning flags along the way.

9. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13

no offense, newsmax? i might as well link airamerica to counter that partisan nonsense.

please link the article, not the site. thanks

10. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    w00t! MINUS 15 points!!!

i'll bet i lead all those not banned! :dance:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1