Bush or Obama: Who spent the most?

Bush spent 1.2 billion a day- way too much.

Obama spent 4.1 billion dollars a day, insane way, way too much By borrowing .43 on every dollar.

GW Bush went to a lot of trouble to prove government doesn't work. Like hiring Brown to oversee Katrina, or the man who said he wasn't qualified to work for the FBI to run it.

Bush spent 1.2 billion a day- way too much.

Obama spent 4.1 billion dollars a day, insane way, way too much By borrowing .43 on every dollar.

Where did you get this??? Just made it up???

That's an amazing amount considering Bush rode the wave of a Clinton surplus for his first term.

There was no surplus, just fancy accounting maneuvers. We were 5.5 trillion in hole at the time.

If I owe 10000K to creditors and have 500 in the bank, I don't have a surplus.

Had Bush not started two unfunded wars and handed the wealthy a huge tax cut, he may have been close to breaking even. Never in the history of this country has a tax cut occurred while we were involved in a war, much less two wars. Recovering Alcoholics don't make good "Deciders."

We will be paying for his incompetence for years to come.

That's an amazing amount considering Bush rode the wave of a Clinton surplus for his first term.

There was no surplus, just fancy accounting maneuvers. We were 5.5 trillion in hole at the time.

If I owe 10000K to creditors and have 500 in the bank, I don't have a surplus.

Had Bush not started two unfunded wars and handed the wealthy a huge tax cut, he may have been close to breaking even. Never in the history of this country has a tax cut occurred while we were involved in a war, much less two wars. Recovering Alcoholics don't make good "Deciders."

We will be paying for his incompetence for years to come.

I don't disagree with everything you said, however, both have been wreckless and irresponsible. Just an aside, I thought we should have used Iraq as a hedge to Iran.

It would be easy for Obama to spend LESS than Bush.

1. Don't spend a another cent helping our soldiers in Iraq where Bush sent them.

2. Don't spend another cent rebuilding two countries we leveled.

3. Don't spend any money on rebuilding our depleted military.

4. Don't spend any money helping the tens of thousands of brave soldiers who were maimed in Bush's fake war.

5. Don't spend any money on helping the families and children of those brave soldiers who died after Bush sent them to Iraq so he could get some glory and his friends could make lots of money.

6. Repeal the "drugs for votes" bill that Bush and the Republicans passed unfunded through reconciliation.

7. Repeal the Bush tax cuts for millionaires Bush and the Republicans passed through reconciliation.

Seven steps for fiscal responsibility.

How many trillions and trillions could we save doing all those things?

The only one I could see Democrats actually doing is number 7. I'm glad Democrats aren't like Republicans. Democrats clean up the MESS Republicans "gladly" walk away from. And Republicans have "walked away" from the many messes they created. Worse, they refuse to take even the tiniest slice of "responsibility".:clap2:

1. Don't spend a another cent helping our soldiers in Iraq where Bush sent them.

4. Don't spend any money helping the tens of thousands of brave soldiers who were maimed in Bush's fake war.

5. Don't spend any money on helping the families and children of those brave soldiers who died after Bush sent them to Iraq so he could get some glory and his friends could make lots of money.

6. Repeal the "drugs for votes" bill that Bush and the Republicans passed unfunded through reconciliation.

7. Repeal the Bush tax cuts for millionaires Bush and the Republicans passed through reconciliation.

The only one I could see Democrats actually doing is number 7. I'm glad Democrats aren't like Republicans. Democrats clean up the MESS Republicans "gladly" walk away from. And Republicans have "walked away" from the many messes they created. Worse, they refuse to take even the tiniest slice of "responsibility".:clap2:

Follow the white light Timmy, we want you to come back to reality.

Does the trillions that we have spent on the great society, war on poverty, drugs entered into your equation? Probably not, but we've been losing those domestic wars for decades yet we still keep dumping more money into them. How many trillions could we have saved?

Forum List

Back