Bush on Oprah made me wonder: Do Republicans ever take "Responsibility"?

When you hear Republicans talk about their policies and why they always fail, it's never because the policy was wrong. They never take responsibility.

Examples:

On the downgrade: We got 98% of everything we wanted, but the downgrade was Obama's fault.

On Iraq: This is a very long list which includes:

1. Saddam didn't do what we told him to do.
2. Democrats could have stopped it but didn't.
3. The people of Iraq are ungrateful for what we did for them.
4. Bush's treaty doesn't matter, Obama could have left when he wanted.
5. We "won" but then Obama lost.

Then there is that long list of "Bush never said":

1. Bush never said Saddam was behind 9/11.
2. Bush never said Iraq oil would pay for the war.
3. Bush never said "Mission Accomplished".
4. Bush never said he doesn't think about Bin Laden.

Then there is all the social issues:

Gays can have all the rights of straights, just marry a woman.
She shouldn't have gotten pregnant.
People are poor because they want to be.
Let him die.
Applauding executions.
People in New Orleans could have left. They were warned.

When you point out that only a measly 6% of scientists are Republican, they really go ballistic. But look at their beliefs:

1. Science is a faith.
2. Evolution is a lie.
3. Climate change is a conspiracy.
4. Education is just a piece of paper.
5. Teachers are in it for the huge amount of money they get paid.
6. Universities are all liberal and biased against "conservatives".
7. Schools are broken.

People who think Paul Revere warned the British and we fought for independence in the 1500's who don't believe in evolution and think our scientists are all liberal liars think our schools are broken. Which I guess is why they slash funding for education. How can they judge when the things they say are so laughable? What gives them all this confidence?

Clearly, they are engaging in "voter suppression". If their agenda was good for America and they knew they were doing the right thing, they would trust their policies and let America decide instead of taking that decision away. Are they saying they don't even believe in their own policies?

And Bush on Oprah said he didn't regret any of his decisions. The reason things didn't work out is because of:

Partisan politics
people weren't on board
people in Iraq were ungrateful
He gave Iraqis the chance to form a democratic government, not doing so was their decision

And the reasoning:

They hate us for our freedom - how can Republicans say that and support voter suppression?

What is truly ironic is they insist Americans take responsibility, but refuse to take responsibility for any of their disasters.

I just don't understand these "conservative" values.
Your first mistake is considering Bush a Conservative.

Your second is your constant drumbeat of projection and your unwillingness to admit it.

Your third is giving a tinker's DAMN of what Oprah thinks...it's idiots as you that sniifed around her and took her up on her endorsement of Obama...and now you come here with shit like this to save face?

Nope...not buying what yer sellin'. :eusa_hand:

So...you didn't vote for Bush in 2000 and 2004...because he's not a Conservative and you stand firm on your Conservative beliefs.

We crushed him and the RINO's beginning in 2006.

What part of the memo didn't you get? Bod, I've been sharpening my claws for a number of years now.

I now have the govenment I not only want but that I desired

ETA for others we finally crossed the finish line and got a conservative majority up here

Last edited:
Your first mistake is considering Bush a Conservative.

Your second is your constant drumbeat of projection and your unwillingness to admit it.

Your third is giving a tinker's DAMN of what Oprah thinks...it's idiots as you that sniifed around her and took her up on her endorsement of Obama...and now you come here with shit like this to save face?

Nope...not buying what yer sellin'. :eusa_hand:

So...you didn't vote for Bush in 2000 and 2004...because he's not a Conservative and you stand firm on your Conservative beliefs.

We crushed him and the RINO's beginning in 2006.

What part of the memo didn't you get? Bod, I've been sharpening my claws for a number of years now.

I now have the govenment I not only want but that I desired

ETA for others we finally crossed the finish line and got a conservative majority up here

Oh...I see....Great job there.

:lol::lol::lol:

No, that was Republicans. Try to keep up.

Which, of course, is why Republicans got nothing out of it.

We asked for real spending cuts. We asked for a balanced budget. We asked for a vote on a balanced budget amendment.

We got none of those things.

Do Democrats ever take responsibility? I mean you guys are still screeching BOOOOOOOOSH!! for God's sake. Your post is a great example of this. It's time for you guys to start taking responsibility for your awful mess. "Blame BOOOOOOSH" is soo 2008.

Do Democrats ever take responsibility? I mean you guys are still screeching BOOOOOOOOSH!! for God's sake. Your post is a great example of this. It's time for you guys to start taking responsibility for your awful mess. "Blame BOOOOOOSH" is soo 2008.

How can you hear the crys of "Boooosh" over the whines of "Clintooooooon!" and "Obamaaaaaaaaa!" ?

How can you hear the crys of "Boooosh" over the whines of "Clintooooooon!" and "Obamaaaaaaaaa!" ?

Doesn't sound like you're taking responsibility yet. lol!

Doesn't sound like you're taking responsibility yet. lol!

I've taken responsibility for my own life. Always have. Can we say the same for you?

Taking responsibility for one's words and actions is rarely done any more, not just by pols (both sides) but by most of us. We blame others, rationalize everything that doesn't work out, and admit nothing. In particular our elected reps in DC are very quick to avoid taking responsibility, and so trust is destroyed. It's one reason why Obama has been so ineffectual, nobody trusts him, not even his own party. It's also one of the reasons why Congressional approval is so low.

Unfortunately for the Republicans, who got 98% of everything they wanted, 98% of the mess is their fault. That's just the facts. And what are their solutions? They same ones they always have. Cut taxes for the rich and deregulate.

The-Best-Bat-Villains-The-Penguin_imagelarge.jpg

When you hear Republicans talk about their policies and why they always fail, it's never because the policy was wrong. They never take responsibility.

Obamacare and Stimulus was 98% of what Republicans wanted? We passed Cut, Cap and Balance and Obama rejected it. Do you see how insane you are Deany?

Obamacare and Stimulus was 98% of what Republicans wanted? We passed Cut, Cap and Balance and Obama rejected it. Do you see how insane you are Deany?

No. He honestly believes that Republicans got most of what they wanted when we havent gotten jack.

Great post, rdean, but you forgot one important fact...

Whenever republicans screw up in office, they say..."Oh, he wasn't really a republican/conservative anyway. He was actually more liberal."

Obamacare came from Romney.

Well over a hundred Republicans who voted against the stimulus took hundreds of millions of dollars and created thousands of jobs in their districts.

Republicans just hate the black guy, but they seem to love his policies.

They take "responsibility" about as often as Democrats.

you cant say that about Democrats Mick.....not in front of Dean....he wont have none of that....remember.... to Pitaks like Dean....Democrats walk on water......just ask him if they ever screw people over.....he wont answer you,but its fun asking him questions you know he wont answer....

We both know there are conservatives in the Democratic Party. They are called Blue Dogs. They side with Republicans against the America People. Democrats welcome everyone in their party. They are not 90% white. You know that. Don't play stupid.

Oops, I just realized something. You aren't playing. Sorry. You have my sympathy.

you have my sympathy too Dean.....your inability to just say...."yes we have had Democrats who have fucked people over".....tells a lot about you.....but it is easy to see why.... its because you put the Democratic Party above everything including Country .....well at least the Far Left part.....you have no need for the Moderates and Conservative members......oh wait thats right....you said your just "Left" of Center.....so you cant be Far Left.......:lol:.....that had to be the most fucking ridiculous thing you have ever said here.....

Forum List

Back