Bush: Olympic boycott would insult Chinese

Boycotting the Olympics is a stupid decision for anyone to make. The idea behind the games is the coming together of athletes representing countries around the world, despite political differences, and setting aside disputes in the spirit of sportsmanship, etc. Boycotting the Olympics is contrary to the whole point in having them in the first place.

Asian countries tend to place a lot of emphasis on social functions. Being the guest to someone's home is also a great honor. To have someone reject that honor could be contsrued as a grave insult. What good does it do not to go? Does anyone really think Bush going to China validates China's oppression of Mongolians, Christians, falun gong, etc.?

Communist China is being killed by the honey of capitalism, not the shotgun of military conflict.

Last edited:
Boycotting the Olympics is a stupid decision for anyone to make. The idea behind the games is the coming together of athletes representing countries around the world, despite political differences, and setting aside disputes in the spirit of sportsmanship, etc. Boycotting the Olympics is contrary to the whole point in having them in the first place.

I guess we should encourage the Olympic committee to choose Tehran next time.

This country should expel the Int. Olympic Com for supporting slave labor exploiting communists who have been at economic war with our country for a decade. Instead our twit of a president is going to tell them good job, just like his pimp daddy after Tianamen. Boycott China today!!!

Capitalism killing Communist China? Pfft!

Yeah right, the Chicom elites in the PLAN and Politburo are in charge of that country as thoroughly as an aristocracy. That country is an oligarchic despotism and they are swindling the hell out of the all the people under their domain.

Democrats (Maxine Waters) introduced the idea to boycott the 2008 Olympics.
As we know, Jimmy Carter punished the American athletes in 1980 for the acts of the Soviet Union.

Democrats love to punish Americans for the acts of Communists. :(

I think if EVERYONE refused to go, it might get some attention. Since that's not going to happen, I don't see any real point in it.

But then, I see no real point in the Olympics themselves. Contrary to your stated intent, the Olympics have been used a political platform in almost each and every one.

It's a big waste of money, IMO. I enjoy watching some of the events, but I just think it's not worth the money spent on it.

Yes, just like it was stupid to boycott the Moscow games eh. China should have never got the games, and we should boycott them now, but of course we wont.

China gets some time in the spot light, to put on a show and try and show us how great and wonderful they are, then when they are over they can go back to oppression 1.3 billion people, Rolling tanks over students, and jailing monks.

Last edited:
Yes, just like it was stupid to boycott the Moscow games eh. China should have never got the games, and we should boycott them now, but of course we wont.

China gets some time in the spot light, to put on a show and try and show us how great and wonderful they are, then when they are over they can go back to oppression 1.3 billion people, Rolling tanks over students, and jailing monks.

It might be a good thing for China to be in spot light, 1.3 billion people know the world's watching them, so you would have to think they end up doing something really big, this will probably be their only chance.

It might be a good thing for China to be in spot light, 1.3 billion people know the world's watching them, so you would have to think they end up doing something really big, this will probably be their only chance.

That is actually Pretty damn good point you have there. However I would say that the whole world was watching Tiananmen Square and nothing really came of that. Other than some dead students anyways.

Boycotting the Olympics is a Political gesture that doesn't cost the Politicians a dime.
The athletes are the only group harmed.

Forum List

Back