Bush, Obama jobs chart

clusterstock-4-2-2010-chart-of-jobs-lost-in-bush-and-obama-administrations.png

How I wish the cons cared for their country more than they did for their failed ideas.

Well here's what you REALLY need to do...blame Bush directly for making TARP and the Stimulus necessary.

AND, for the worst job creation performance of any president.

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record

Bush On Jobs: The Worst Track Record On Record - Real Time Economics - WSJ

The Bush administration created about three million jobs (net) over its eight years, a fraction of the 23 million jobs created under President Bill Clinton’s administration and only slightly better than President George H.W. Bush did in his four years in office.

payroll-expansion-by-presdient.png

I do blame Bush, the Republican Controlled Congress and the Democrat controlled Congress since 2007 for this mess. Of course, you know I have so I don't know what your deal is. And to say that 23 million jobs were created under President Bill Clinton's Administration is not the same as saying his administration was responsible for any of that. Remember Congress controls spending and there were a lot of other facts like the internet boom. (Of course, Clinton's "bubble" burst and he left with a recession, but let's forget that little detail, eh?) Despite the fact that Clinton did everything for himself and is completely devoid of character, at least he didn't start a war in Iraq. I'll give him that.

Clinton had a huge advantage in that his Republican congress was willing to work with him, and vice versa.

You're remembering it wrong. Clinton had to work with the Republican-controlled Congress. Fortunately, Clinton was always in campaign mode so he was kept in check by conservatives.

Did you not vote for Bush then? Did you campaign against Bush for some independent candidate? Perhaps the Libertarian candidate?

Did you not vote for him a second time?

I guess hindsight is 20/20 though, right?

Bush was an idiot. I never voted for him or his father. That was a no-brainer.

Next.

Bush 41 would have been a good president. Unfortunately, he inherited Reagan's deficit, had to renege on "Read my lips: No new taxes" which was his downfall, and the economy couldn't turn around fast enough for the voting public which even then expected miracles.

You have a selective memory. "Reagan's deficit" is not accurate. Reagan wanted to increase military spending to fight the Cold War and the Democrats controlling Congress wanted to increase spending for social programs, so they settled for both. Therefore, the deficits are a result of Reagan and the 535 members of Congress. And increasing taxes will not by itself improve the economy. An increase in taxes can only hinder growth in the private sector. You want to cut debt? Cut spending.

Bush was an idiot. I never voted for him or his father. That was a no-brainer.

Next.

Bush 41 would have been a good president. Unfortunately, he inherited Reagan's deficit, had to renege on "Read my lips: No new taxes" which was his downfall, and the economy couldn't turn around fast enough for the voting public which even then expected miracles.

You have a selective memory. "Reagan's deficit" is not accurate. Reagan wanted to increase military spending to fight the Cold War and the Democrats controlling Congress wanted to increase spending for social programs, so they settled for both. Therefore, the deficits are a result of Reagan and the 535 members of Congress. And increasing taxes will not by itself improve the economy. An increase in taxes can only hinder growth in the private sector. You want to cut debt? Cut spending.

Not quite how it went. This one page is NOT an anti-Reagan analysis; it simply shows how his economic policies worked and didn't work.

BW Online | June 21, 2004 | The Real Economic Legacy Of Ronald Reagan

I do blame Bush, the Republican Controlled Congress and the Democrat controlled Congress since 2007 for this mess. Of course, you know I have so I don't know what your deal is. And to say that 23 million jobs were created under President Bill Clinton's Administration is not the same as saying his administration was responsible for any of that. Remember Congress controls spending and there were a lot of other facts like the internet boom. (Of course, Clinton's "bubble" burst and he left with a recession, but let's forget that little detail, eh?) Despite the fact that Clinton did everything for himself and is completely devoid of character, at least he didn't start a war in Iraq. I'll give him that.

Clinton had a huge advantage in that his Republican congress was willing to work with him, and vice versa.

You're remembering it wrong. Clinton had to work with the Republican-controlled Congress. Fortunately, Clinton was always in campaign mode so he was kept in check by conservatives.

And Newt Gingrich HAD TO work with Clinton. Unfortunately, we no long have many Newts left in the Republican Party.

Forum List

Back