Bush not trustworthy, no longer inspires

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Psychoblues, Dec 24, 2006.

1. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Six years too late, but better late than never.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush faces some discouraging poll numbers as the year many have called the most challenging of his presidency comes to an end.

A majority of the American people, 55 percent, no longer believe Bush shares their values. They also are not sure if he is honest and trustworthy or if he understands complex issues, a CNN poll released Thursday reports. The poll was conducted for CNN by the Opinion Research Corporation and has a margin of error of plus or minus three percentage points.

Nearly 53 percent say he is not honest and trustworthy, and the same number believes he does not understand complex issues. Fifty-one percent also say he is not a strong leader.

Only 37 percent believe that the president inspires confidence, compared to 61 percent who say that he does not. In 2005, 46 percent thought the president inspired confidence. Bush fared much better in this category in 2001 following the September 11 terrorist attacks, when 75 percent said that he inspired confidence.

More: http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/blogs/p...2/poll-bush-not-trustworthy-doesnt-share.html

I was never inspired by the boy child. I’m glad the rest of the nation is finally catching on.

Psychoblues

2. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Wow. A CNN poll. About as objective as psychoblues. Did they poll you and your branchless family tree, or what?:badgrin:

3. Merlin

Merlin Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61

Remember, President Lincoln was the most hated man in the United States up until well into the 20th century and was being considered being impeached by Congress before his death. His death was the only thing that stopped that. A lot of people is jealous of greatness and I think in time, Bush will surpass Lincoln by too far to even count the miles.

4. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Most hated man in the USofA? Where did you get that little nugget of misinformation? One thing is for sure, however. Lincoln would certainly not be any part of what calls itself the Republican Party in this day and age. As for his reputation in the long run he certainly was and remains one of the most intelligent and genuine Americans to ever have been endowed the mantle President of the United States of America. As far as your comparison is concerned, there is none. If you were comparing GWB with Herbert Hoover or Richard Nixon or maybe even J.P. Stevens you might have a point.

Psychoblues

5. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    As usual, you present a one-sided, dumber than a brick POV.

President Lincoln placed his idealism above the Constitution which resuled in the US Civil War.

He divided a Nation. Revisionist history ignores the fact that while he is creditted for re-uniting a Nation, he did it by force of arms. While he did not believe in slavery, he did believe blacks were inferior to whites -- he was a racist. While he did free the slaves, he dumped a bunch of people on the street who were hardly self-sufficient.

And he couldn't pick a good military leader if one came up with a sign on that said "Good Military Leader."

6. akiboy

akiboy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39

Well I am not familiar with Dubya's domestic policies but the way in which he tackled the grave situation after 9/11 was very very courageous. I dont think any other President could have handled the aftermath of 9/11 the way Bush did. Also as an Indian I believe he is the most friendliest U.S president. You might think I am pursuing my own agenda here but thats the way I perceive it. Also, I dont think AlGore or Clinton would go after Taliban/Al Qaeda the way Bush did.

7. Merlin

Merlin Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61
    I'm not going to put a link to all the history books. Go to the library sometime and read some of them.
    Gunny, you hit it on the head with the exception of Lincoln freeing the slaves. He didn't give a darn about the slaves and even said so before he even thought about running for president. He even told the southern states he wouldn't try to free them in they didn't secede from the Union. President Buchanan before him was going to free them but the Supreme Court cited the IV amendment and wouldn't allow it. Two years into his Presidency, Jan. 1 1863, when the war was going bad, he came out with the Emancipation Proclamation, but neither side recognized it as being legal and Congress started thinking about impeaching him for it. After the war it was still an on going debate, but he died April 14th, 1865 and that stopped the debate of impeachment. Andrew Jackson took his place and asked Congress to take up the consideration of freeing the slaves and they did. They freed them 8 months and 3 weeks "AFTER" Lincolns death.

8. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162

What you don't know, won't hurt you as bad as what you think you know, that ain't true.

9. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    So, you'd rather we still had slavery? So everything going on today is Lincoln's fault? Do you realize just how silly your argument sounds?

10. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Chimpy pissed away the world's goodwill in his invasion of Afghanistan, Osama bin Laden has yet to be found, the Taliban AND Al Qaeda are making a comeback in Afghanistan. As an Indian, you should realize that Chimpy is in political bed with Pervez Musharraf, the leader of Pakistan, and a party to the violence in Kashmir. Broaden your reading a bit.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1