Bush May Not Have The Problems Predicted

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
It will be interesting to see if he can turn the media-caused perception problem around tonight, though it may not be the great hurdle many predicted:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/27/AR2005062700270.html?nav=rss_world

Survey Finds Most Support Staying in Iraq
Public Skeptical About Gains Against Insurgents

By Richard Morin and Dan Balz
Washington Post Staff Writers
Tuesday, June 28, 2005; A01

As President Bush prepares to address the nation about Iraq tonight, a new Washington Post-ABC News poll finds that most Americans do not believe the administration's claims that impressive gains are being made against the insurgency, but a clear majority is willing to keep U.S. forces there for an extended time to stabilize the country.

The survey found that only one in eight Americans currently favors an immediate pullout of U.S. forces, while a solid majority continues to agree with Bush that the United States must remain in Iraq until civil order is restored -- a goal that most of those surveyed acknowledge is, at best, several years away.

Amid broad skepticism about Bush's credibility and whether the war was worth the cost, there were some encouraging signs for the president. A narrow majority -- 52 percent -- believes that the war has contributed to the long-term security of the United States, a five-point increase from earlier this month.

The findings crystallize the challenges facing Bush this evening in his nationally televised address from Fort Bragg, N.C., an event the administration sees as a critical opportunity for the president to restate the case for his Iraq policies. The goal is to reinvigorate public support for a war that has grown unpopular over time and convince Americans the administration has a policy that will lead to success over time....

Sir Evil said:
So long as we have the current media and some of the outspoken dems Bush will always have problems. :rolleyes:
As long as people are skeptical of MSM there will be hope. Now worry about the Dems, they continue to self-destruct. :laugh:

Whoops, I guess the MSM is too:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-5103293,00.html
Bee Can't Verify 43 Sources in Columns

Tuesday June 28, 2005 4:01 AM

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - A newspaper investigation of a former columnist for The Sacramento Bee could not verify 43 sources she used in a sampling of 12 years of her work.

Diana Griego Erwin resigned May 11 as she came under scrutiny about the existence of people she quoted. She has denied making up information, but Executive Editor Rick Rodriguez said the Bee should have been able to locate the people named in the stories.

``It kills us that we can't,'' said Rodriguez, whose comments were included in a story about the investigation published in Sunday's Bee. ``We still hope they will turn up, but we're presenting the facts as we found them. Obviously, we feel strongly that we should have been able to find these individuals.''

Griego Erwin, who has said her resignation was for personal reasons, joined the Bee after a distinguished career at other newspapers. She worked on a project that won a Pulitzer Prize at the Denver Post in 1986 and also won a George Polk award and the 1990 commentary prize from the American Society of Newspaper Editors....

I cannot see how anybody could trust the MSM at all! They give awards to people who have fabricated news stories in order to express their opinion, they don't even actually fire people for those fabrications (Dan Rather still works on the very show he aired the fabricated story about Bush).

They disgust me, I trust blogspotters more than I trust the MSM.

no1tovote4 said:
I cannot see how anybody could trust the MSM at all! They give awards to people who have fabricated news stories in order to express their opinion, they don't even actually fire people for those fabrications (Dan Rather still works on the very show he aired the fabricated story about Bush).

They disgust me, I trust blogspotters more than I trust the MSM.

MSM is just part of the good ol'boys self congratulating club as is much of Hollywood now. The good news is (as Kathianne has posted) they are being called on it publicly which never would have happened even in the 80's.....Im very hopeful and believe it is a big reason the Liberals are in such trouble finding their "voice" which used to be news propaganda gone unchecked. Different story now....

Forum List

Back