Bush makes strides negotiating with the Evil Kim Jong Il...

Wow.. Bush really caved pushing this through as well....

"Ahead of the president's remarks, the White House issued a statement on Thursday morning welcoming the North Korean nuclear declaration. However, it noted that in order to "end its isolation," North Korea must "resolve outstanding questions on its highly enriched uranium and proliferation activities."

The declaration does not do that despite the Feb. 13, 2007, road map for the "action for action" phase of the larger denuclearization accord, which obligated North Korea to provide "a complete declaration of all nuclear programs" by Dec. 31, 2007.

Outstanding are still questions on the extent of uranium enrichment and proliferation -- mainly to Syria. Likewise, it does not include the number and location of nuclear bombs, of which North Korea is believed to have at least a half dozen."

FOXNews.com - Bush Offers Carrots in Exchange for North Korea Nukes Declaration - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Obama is already whole heartedly agreeing with bush leading many to think that this is the first step in the course of action of the Obama administration...

Obama stuck his foot in his mouth when he responded that he would "go to speak to Iran".

Not because he is willing to discuss the issues, but because by stating it in that way, he made it harder for this state department to actually make that happen. It tipped his hand with Iran thus giving them an advantage in negotiations

It is a amateurish mistake for diplomatic reasons, not a mistake of geo-policial thinking.

NO POTUS is going to go to Iran anytime soon, and it doesn't matter who gets elected.

Obama stuck his foot in his mouth when he responded that he would "go to speak to Iran".

Not because he is willing to discuss the issues, but because by stating it in that way, he made it harder for this state department to actually make that happen. It tipped his hand with Iran thus giving them an advantage in negotiations

It is a amateurish mistake for diplomatic reasons, not a mistake of geo-policial thinking.

NO POTUS is going to go to Iran anytime soon, and it doesn't matter who gets elected.

Exacty, it's U.S. policy not to negotiate with terrorist....and considering Iran's status with the fed...

Bullshit.

As for negotiating with terrorists, what's up with N. Korea?

Did anybody else watch the CNN Kristine Amopora (I know that's not the way to spell her name but I have absolutely no idea how to spell her name so we'll go with phonetics..) special on the NY Philharmonic going to N. Korea?

It's REALLY good. But all her stuff is.

Bullshit.

As for negotiating with terrorists, what's up with N. Korea?

Did Bush meet with Kim? And I thought Bush just called for some sanctions to be lifted through the UN correct? This is different than negotiating or meeting with someone.

Just an important point... has North Korea ever actually launched a terrorist attack?

Yes, they've tested and made nuclear weapons. So have Pakistan and India.

Yet North Korea has been unfairly lumped in with Iran and Iraq... perhaps because the Korean War never officially ended and America still has troops stationed over there to prevent the communists in the North from trying to take over South Korea.

After living in South Korea myself and talking to both American troops stationed there and Koreans themselves it seems much more likely that Kim Jong Il is a coward and doesn't have the guts to do anything.

As it stands the North and South are holding reunification talks, and while this is a slow process it is a start. I'd estimate that the reunification process will speed up when Kim Jong Il kicks the bucket from old age.

In other news... why wasn't Cuba included in the Axis of Evil? It is also a Communist state... but they don't have any nuclear power do they?

No, I don't think Bush has ever met with Kim.
Clinton's secretary of state did (that hag). I think she's the highest-ranking American to ever meet with him.

Somebody negotiated with the cat.. somebody from this administration... bush has condoned this meeting even though his strict conditions have not been met.. bush has infact negotiated with a member of the axis of evil.... as for negotiating with Iran.. anyone with any sense about them agrees that its neccessary... bush confirmed this policy with his actions on NKorea..

Since we have lost two members of the axis of evil, Iraq and North Korea, I nominate Saudi Arabia to be the newest member.

Since we have lost two members of the axis of evil, Iraq and North Korea, I nominate Saudi Arabia to be the newest member.
I nominate Grenada again... bush needs a victory, we've already proven that we can take these guys... We need to militarily brow beat someone to prove to the world that we are still strong...

No, I don't think Bush has ever met with Kim.
Clinton's secretary of state did (that hag). I think she's the highest-ranking American to ever meet with him.

No American diplomat has met Kim Jong Il since that one old lady (can't remember her name either) from the Clinton administration.

She described him as being very polite, with a sense of humour and likes making references to movies. Apparently Kim Jong Il is obsessed with Hollywood movies.

Seriously, the guy isn't the bully type. He's a fat little coward and a movie geek.

I nominate Grenada again... bush needs a victory, we've already proven that we can take these guys... We need to militarily brow beat someone to prove to the world that we are still strong...

You fool we brow beat Iraq. we completely decimated their conventional military forces. It is the occupation and gurrilla war where we have struggled.

Man I get sick of you assholes.

Forum List

Back