Bush lifts executive ban on offshore oil drilling

Wrong.... if this were the case, then oil would be in short supply to justify the cost .. right?... will the next wingnut try to answer this please...

Nope, you're wrong. Oil would not be in short supply. It would be in equilibrium at the current price. Illiterate.

Nope, you're wrong. Oil would not be in short supply. It would be in equilibrium at the current price. Illiterate.
So Adam, how do you justify an astronomical rise in price while there isnt a positive corelation to the fact that there is a surplus at hand.

I hate supporting Jeepers BUT the current prices are NOT because of supply and demand. They are from speculators buying up long term contracts to sell for a profit to the next speculator.

There was a recent thread here that showed there is a SURPLUS of oil, some Countries can not sell what they produce NOW. There is no shortage.

Now in the US we shoot ourselves in the foot anyway by having something like 20 different grades of gasoline or more. There MAY be a shortage of refining capacity but thats because we waste our time letting cities and States have their own grades of gas so that rather then using capacity for 3 grades we have to split it up for 20 plus. All going different places. We need new refineries , we need to cut out the ignorant multi grades of fuel and we need to drill for more oil.

We need new Nuclear plants, we need to get serious about Solar technology for houses and buildings, we need to STOP the idiotic ethanol with corn shit. We need to look closer at Hydrogen, I saw a report that they now can make 233 percent hydrogen from fuel source conversion. In other words 2 and 1/3 more than it costs to make.

Any alternate source we eventually find works well enough, we may need Government help in creating a Nation Wide Infrastructure to actually effectively use it.

I hate supporting Jeepers BUT the current prices are NOT because of supply and demand. They are from speculators buying up long term contracts to sell for a profit to the next speculator.

There was a recent thread here that showed there is a SURPLUS of oil, some Countries can not sell what they produce NOW. There is no shortage.

Now in the US we shoot ourselves in the foot anyway by having something like 20 different grades of gasoline or more. There MAY be a shortage of refining capacity but thats because we waste our time letting cities and States have their own grades of gas so that rather then using capacity for 3 grades we have to split it up for 20 plus. All going different places. We need new refineries , we need to cut out the ignorant multi grades of fuel and we need to drill for more oil.

We need new Nuclear plants, we need to get serious about Solar technology for houses and buildings, we need to STOP the idiotic ethanol with corn shit. We need to look closer at Hydrogen, I saw a report that they now can make 233 percent hydrogen from fuel source conversion. In other words 2 and 1/3 more than it costs to make.

Any alternate source we eventually find works well enough, we may need Government help in creating a Nation Wide Infrastructure to actually effectively use it.

And I hate to agree with you, but I do 100%. Nice.

I agree on the speculator point. I actually had it in my reply to Jeepers but took it out. I thought it sounded too conciliatory if you know what I mean. He wasn't giving so I didn't want to either.

You are clearly more informed than I about the 20 different grades of gasoline etc. I hadn't heard that. Agree with your point on more refining capacity and few grades of gas. I also hadn't heard that some countries can't sell their oil. Has anyone made China aware of this? I'm sure they would be willing to take it off that country's hands.

Totally agree on the development of alternatives. Energy independence is the goal, not more oil. People who are refusing to accept oil, sequestered coal and nuclear as part of the solution are themselves part of the problem.

That and maybe common sense.... I give two shits about four dollars a gallon gas... I still use my suv just as much as before.. how is drilling going to help... face it.. drilling has dick to do with the price of oil.. the only sense of urgency is due to the fact that everyone knows that a democrat will win the presidency.. this is cash grab while the perceived grabbing is good... basically you duped bushophiles are still proving that being duped is an inherent trait and not just a once or twice in a lifetime fluke...

Bingo!

If one were inclined to posit a conspiractory explaination for the sudden spike in oil prices, one might advance the theory that this inexplicable spike is a way of manipulating the public to get behind drilling.

Not that I'm claiming that is the case, of course.

It is merely coincidence that the petrocracy has lost its oily control over Congress, and sees that it will be losing its control over the White House, and somehow now finds itself selling oil for twice as much as it did last year.

I am shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!

Bingo!

If one were inclined to posit a conspiractory explaination for the sudden spike in oil prices, one might advance the theory that this inexplicable spike is a way of manipulating the public to get behind drilling.

Not that I'm claiming that is the case, of course.

It is merely coincidence that the petrocracy has lost its oily control over Congress, and sees that it will be losing its control over the White House, and somehow now finds itself selling oil for twice as much as it did last year.

I am shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!

Oh Bush is clearly emptying the treasury before he leaves. And the Dems don't want to give Bush a chance to say, "the dems aren't supporting the troops", or, "the dems aren't allowing me to fight terrorism", which is why they keep giving him the money he asks for and why they signed the FISA bill.

If the American people want things to change, then vote out Bush/McCain.

I'm sure it is killing Nancy Pelosi when she has to give in to Bush, but since voters are so dumb, she has to play politics for the next few months. If you want McCain going to congress every month for the next 4 years asking for another billion dollars, vote for him. If you want us to get the fuck out of Iraq so we stop going bankrupt, vote for Obama.

I can't say for sure what Obama will or won't do, but I can say for sure what McCain will do. Just look at his mentor, GW.

Oh Bush is clearly emptying the treasury before he leaves. And the Dems don't want to give Bush a chance to say, "the dems aren't supporting the troops", or, "the dems aren't allowing me to fight terrorism", which is why they keep giving him the money he asks for and why they signed the FISA bill.

If the American people want things to change, then vote out Bush/McCain.

I'm sure it is killing Nancy Pelosi when she has to give in to Bush, but since voters are so dumb, she has to play politics for the next few months. If you want McCain going to congress every month for the next 4 years asking for another billion dollars, vote for him. If you want us to get the fuck out of Iraq so we stop going bankrupt, vote for Obama.

I can't say for sure what Obama will or won't do, but I can say for sure what McCain will do. Just look at his mentor, GW.

You are beyond clueless. McCain does not even LIKE Bush. Bush destroyed him in the primaries in 2000, McCain was so pissed he threatened to vote for everything that Bush was opposed to. To vote AGAINST anything Bush wanted.

He needs Bush on his side now so he plays along as any good politician would.

Bush's move was effective. Within hours of lifting the ban, the cost of oil dropped $10 a barrell.

If just talking about drilling and becoming energy independent drops the price significantly, can you imagine if we actually started working towards it?

which is why they keep giving him the money he asks for and why they signed the FISA bill.
You mean the one Obama said was illegal and unconstitutional, and the proceeded to vote for? That FISA bill?

how clueless can you get, McCain and Bush hate each other brainiac.

You mean the one Obama said was illegal and unconstitutional, and the proceeded to vote for? That FISA bill?

how clueless can you get, McCain and Bush hate each other brainiac.

Who is Obama's mentor ?

I think a big problem with the energy debate is similar to the blind hindus trying to define an elephant.

We want cheap energy
We want to be energy independent
We want clean energy.
We don't want anyone making money selling us energy.

Different issues. Solving one doesn't neccessarily solve the others.

Forum List

Back