Bush Lied----SO WHAT !

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
OK folks, Instead of continuing to split hairs, defining and redefining terms, challenging time lines, I for the sake of the truth, will admit to the fact that Bush lied. I can't prove it but what difference does it really make ? Will he be the first President to lie? Will he be the last President to lie? He was president on 9/11 when the worst attack on American soil occured. He consoled the country and assured us that the perps of this crime would not go unpunished. We attacked Afghanistan with the support of nearly every country in the world. The taliban and terrorists we killed and sent running to the hills where they are still being hunted down and killed. This was the overt beginning of our war on world terrorism.
The administration decided, rightly or wrongly, that the next country that posed a threat to the US was Iraq. After REPEATED requests for action on the part of the UN , MANY attempts at forming the strongest coalition possible,
offers to Iraq that if Saddam and his family would leave we would not attack, the United States Military made good on our promise to attack.
The military was highly successful and the oppostion has diminished to rogue bombers and foreigners who hate democracy.
We are now in the process of returning the country to the Iraqis. The ability of Iraq to attack the United States or its neighbors has been destroyed and the Iraqis will be free to determine thier own fate. No it is not perfect--nothing is.
While the world continues to pick apart the events that preceeded the war, some things are certain. Afghanistan is no longer a viable terrorist training camp. Saddam is captured and his sons are dead. A new form of govt will take hold in Iraq. Thousands of people who would be happy to kill westerners are themselves dead. We have shown the world that we will defend ourselves with military strikes overseas if necessary. We have proved to ourselves that we can "go it alone" and become educated as to the ways of terrorism and new ways to fight it.
I don't care if the admininstration "lied" to accomplish these things and if they did one must ask themself why lies are necessary to protect the US from people who are still eager to destroy us. It is a "soft spot" in our countries overall defense plan? Is it people who refuse to believe the war on terror is real?Is it that political parties feel thier influence is slipping when prioties become one of self defense? Is it fear that we will encourage more attacks by defending ourselves. Are people just ignorant or apathetic to larger issues than themselves? I sure don't know but I'm tired of all the " liar liar pants on fire" posts that do not even acknowledge the WOT and offer no other solutions.
Yes our country is split but at least we still have one. We can identify leaders of the opposing factions and have an opportunity
(or responsibilty) to press these leaders to form a coalition OF America so that as a country, we can continue to thirve and help the peoples of other countries thrive too if they aren't to busy trying to destroy us.

Lie some more George if you must. The goals are too important to be left for the weak of heart, greedy,selfish and ambitious.

Even though new facts are out supporting the administrations postion on going to war, the left continues the " Bush lied" chant. Is that all they have to offer America? Thought I would revive my "SO WHAT" mantra.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
just blow up the world and be done with it. I'm ready for the meek to inherit it.

Cmon DK----don't give up yet--I think you would be a good representative for the left to help form a coalition for america! It certainly require people with the abiltity to humble themselves. ( could that be the meek?)

Originally posted by dilloduck
Cmon DK----don't give up yet--I think you would be a good representative for the left to help form a coalition for america! It certainly require people with the abiltity to humble themselves. ( could that be the meek?)

It becomes increasingly difficult to continue to fight for america when every single day I have to deal with decent liberals not doing or saying a damn thing about the continued stupidity by those on the far democratic far left, as well as the wondrous glee that the GOP finds with the continual generalizations and grouping the entire liberal movement with the radical left in their movement to dominate and crush any semblance of non-conservative beliefs and principles. It's also extremely disconcerting how ignorant america watches the conservative movement play the word games with minutia on everything they say while broadly interpreting everything the political opponents say and they suck it all up like a reality tv show.

Makes me want to secede the union with a ten acre plot of my own.

Hey DK, you think the thinking people on the right don't have a problem with the turkeys too? We have the racists and neo-nazis, not always redundant, who tar us all.

We have nearly as many conspiracy believers as the left, but ours can be even loonier than yours.

In both cases it seems the problem to me is that too many good people are literally doing nothing. Not reading, not discussing, not helping with message, and not voting.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
It becomes increasingly difficult to continue to fight for america when every single day I have to deal with decent liberals not doing or saying a damn thing about the continued stupidity by those on the far democratic far left, as well as the wondrous glee that the GOP finds with the continual generalizations and grouping the entire liberal movement with the radical left in their movement to dominate and crush any semblance of non-conservative beliefs and principles. It's also extremely disconcerting how ignorant america watches the conservative movement play the word games with minutia on everything they say while broadly interpreting everything the political opponents say and they suck it all up like a reality tv show.

Makes me want to secede the union with a ten acre plot of my own.

I am a centrist, but have been labled Neo-Con :rolleyes:

I know where there are two great 60 acre plots, partially heavy wooded with streams and or river :)

I would surprise you with some of my middle of the roads views also. This CAN be done if citizens chill out a bit and spend time demanding more of thier own party and bash the other party less.

OK folks, Instead of continuing to split hairs, defining and redefining terms, challenging time lines, I for the sake of the truth, will admit to the fact that Bush lied. I can't prove it but what difference does it really make ? Will he be the first President to lie? Will he be the last President to lie? He was president on 9/11 when the worst attack on American soil occured. He consoled the country and assured us that the perps of this crime would not go unpunished. We attacked Afghanistan with the support of nearly every country in the world. The taliban and terrorists we killed and sent running to the hills where they are still being hunted down and killed. This was the overt beginning of our war on world terrorism.
The administration decided, rightly or wrongly, that the next country that posed a threat to the US was Iraq. After REPEATED requests for action on the part of the UN , MANY attempts at forming the strongest coalition possible,
offers to Iraq that if Saddam and his family would leave we would not attack, the United States Military made good on our promise to attack.
The military was highly successful and the oppostion has diminished to rogue bombers and foreigners who hate democracy.
We are now in the process of returning the country to the Iraqis. The ability of Iraq to attack the United States or its neighbors has been destroyed and the Iraqis will be free to determine thier own fate. No it is not perfect--nothing is.
While the world continues to pick apart the events that preceeded the war, some things are certain. Afghanistan is no longer a viable terrorist training camp. Saddam and his sons are dead. A new form of govt will take hold in Iraq. Thousands of people who would be happy to kill westerners are themselves dead. We have shown the world that we will defend ourselves with military strikes overseas if necessary. We have proved to ourselves that we can "go it alone" and become educated as to the ways of terrorism and new ways to fight it.
I don't care if the admininstration "lied" to accomplish these things and if they did one must ask themself why lies are necessary to protect the US from people who are still eager to destroy us. It is a "soft spot" in our countries overall defense plan? Is it people who refuse to believe the war on terror is real?Is it that political parties feel thier influence is slipping when prioties become one of self defense? Is it fear that we will encourage more attacks by defending ourselves. Are people just ignorant or apathetic to larger issues than themselves? I sure don't know but I'm tired of all the " liar liar pants on fire" posts that do not even acknowledge the WOT and offer no other solutions.
Yes our country is split but at least we still have one. We can identify leaders of the opposing factions and have an opportunity
(or responsibilty) to press these leaders to form a coalition OF America so that as a country, we can continue to thirve and help the peoples of other countries thrive too if they aren't to busy trying to destroy us.

Lie some more George if you must. The goals are too important to be left for the weak of heart, greedy,selfish and ambitious.

He lied about the justification for going to war...He deliberately mislead the nation inattempting to justify a war of aggression. He derailed the "war on terrorism" for reasons having nothing to do with national security. As a result, America and the world face a greater threat of terrorist acts than ever.

It is NOT the moral equivalent Goatboy Clinton lying about consensual sex in the Oval Office. If you do find them to be morally equivalent, you are as morally bankrupt as Dubbyuh and merry band of neocons.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
He lied about the justification for going to war...He deliberately mislead the nation inattempting to justify a war of aggression. He derailed the "war on terrorism" for reasons having nothing to do with national security. As a result, America and the world face a greater threat of terrorist acts than ever.

It is NOT the moral equivalent Goatboy Clinton lying about consensual sex in the Oval Office. If you do find them to be morally equivalent, you are as morally bankrupt as Dubbyuh and merry band of neocons.

First, saying it over and over and over again isnt going to make it true.

Second, Clinton bombed other countries to distract the nation from his lies. Which, unlike your accusations agianst Bush, have been proven.

Third, The world is now a safer place because of President Bush's actions. Even if he did lie (Which you have never even really tried to prove). How is the world any safer because Clinton lied to a grand jury?

Fourth, they have just announced on the radio that the head of the 911 comission has said that there is a connection between Iraq and Al Queda. Simply because Saddam wasnt directly linked to 911 doesnt mean he didnt have Al Queda connections. Nice of you guys to jump to those conclusions. Makes it easier to show how silly you look.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
First, saying it over and over and over again isnt going to make it true.

Second, Clinton bombed other countries to distract the nation from his lies. Which, unlike your accusations agianst Bush, have been proven.

Third, The world is now a safer place because of President Bush's actions. Even if he did lie (Which you have never even really tried to prove). How is the world any safer because Clinton lied to a grand jury?

Fourth, they have just announced on the radio that the head of the 911 comission has said that there is a connection between Iraq and Al Queda. Simply because Saddam wasnt directly linked to 911 doesnt mean he didnt have Al Queda connections. Nice of you guys to jump to those conclusions. Makes it easier to show how silly you look.

Indeed, but the little redneck didn't start a war of aggression.

The world is not a safer place...you need only look to the headlines for proof of this. Terrorists are operating more brazenly all over the world.

Go <a href=http://www.9-11commission.gov/hearings/hearing3/witness_yaphe.htm>here</a> for a transcript of the findings of the 9/11 commission.

Have a nice day:)

The world is not a safer place...you need only look to the headlines for proof of this. Terrorists are operating more brazenly all over the world.

You just now figuring that out? I doon't need a link to the 9/11 commission to tell me that we got hammered on 9/11/01! Everyone is trying to find fault here at home for 9/11. Shit, get over it - there is no fault. Errors, maybe - fault I don't think so. And it's not like these idiots woke up on 9/11 and say ehy! Let's steal some planes and go kill Americans.

Finger pointing and usless rhetoric is not the solution. Standing firm and together is. Only we Americans would try and make this about politics; Wake up! it is about idealologies and a wacked religion.

God, this stuff gets old :rolleyes:

If the 9/11 commission and hearings weren't a partisan political witch hunt with only one purpose in mind, to damage Bush, then the Ken Starr Whitewater, Travelgate, Rose Law Firm and of course harmonica investigations and hearings were nothing more than a meeting of the ladies local crochet club.

Those commission hearings are really irrelevent. Just D.C. political bullshit by guys and gals looking to legitimize their payraises with busy work.:rolleyes:

Never said it was a moral equivalent and I don't care. He may have misled you but many of us a very happy to be where we are. You have no idea what was in the cards as far as the #s or the atrocity of the acts. So he "lied". I don't care ! I do care about people offering ways to unite our country. Go think of one.

Never said it was a moral equivalent and I don't care. He may have misled you but many of us a very happy to be where we are. You have no idea what was in the cards as far as the #s or the atrocity of the acts. So he "lied". I don't care ! I do care about people offering ways to unite our country. Go think of one.

That's simple...Whip Dubbyuh and the neocons howling into the wilderness. They have nothing but contempt for the Constitution they have sworn to uphold.

Now, do you really not understand that by lying about the cause for war and setting himself and his administration above the law, they make a mockery of everything this nation stood for and become over the last 200+ years?

If you don't understand that, you are either blind or a willing dupe.

That's simple...Whip Dubbyuh and the neocons howling into the wilderness. They have nothing but contempt for the Constitution they have sworn to uphold.

Now, do you really not understand that by lying about the cause for war and setting himself and his administration above the law, they make a mockery of everything this nation stood for and become over the last 200+ years?

If you don't understand that, you are either blind or a willing dupe.

Bully you just don't get it, I don't think they lied about the cause of war. That's the whole point.

Bully NEVER gets it---sorry for the mistake about Saddam being dead. The Iraqis have something in mind for him and I would hate to see that taken away. My bad .

Forum List

Back