Bush Legacy - Fracturing for Natural Gas exempt from EPA Regulations

R

rdean

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZe1AeH0Qz8]YouTube - GASLAND Trailer 2010[/ame]

I was watching Morning Joe and they had on a guy named Josh Fox who was offered $100,000.00 for gas companies to drill for natural gas on his land. He decided to look into it and found the Bush Administration had exempted Natural Gas drilling from EPA Regulation.

He visited 34 states and made this documentary about the Natural Gas Drilling Industry.

Check out 2:24 when the guy puts a match next to his kitchen faucet. But, be warned, the sight of someone being flamed and burned is disturbing.

Remember, I said that we would find other disasters waiting to be uncovered. Much of the contaminated drinking water is in Red States. Bush States.

So "drink up" Red states. Enjoy what your political party has done for you. We know what the Republican leadership feels about the base.

funny-pictures-cat-on-vomiting-person.jpg

YouTube - GASLAND Trailer 2010

I was watching Morning Joe and they had on a guy named Josh Fox who was offered $100,000.00 for gas companies to drill for natural gas on his land. He decided to look into it and found the Bush Administration had exempted Natural Gas drilling from EPA Regulation.

He visited 34 states and made this documentary about the Natural Gas Drilling Industry.

Check out 2:24 when the guy puts a match next to his kitchen faucet. But, be warned, the sight of someone being flamed and burned is disturbing.

"Gasland" . NOW on PBS

Here is a segment with an interview of Josh Fox I saw a few months ago on PBS's NOW

It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.
Albert Camus

and as you can see by the article and fractured link back to it, they, The admin. has known about this since, May of 2009. Any word yet on changes?....I am sure Salazar is all over it.

EPA Administrator Forecasts Potential Shift on Bush-Era Drilling Loophole
by Joaquin Sapien, ProPublica - May 22, 2009 3:02 pm EDT

Signaling the potential for an important policy reversal, Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Lisa Jackson said in a congressional hearing on Tuesday that the agency would consider revisiting its controversial position that a popular natural gas drilling technique doesn't harm groundwater.

A 2004 study [1] (PDF) conducted by the EPA concluded that hydraulic fracturing [2] -- a process that involves pummeling the earth with millions of gallons of water mixed with sand and chemicals to extract natural gas -- causes "no threat" to underground drinking water.

The study is often used by the gas industry to rebut concerns over drinking water contamination. It was also the main basis for a provision in a 2005 energy bill that exempts hydraulic fracturing from regulation under the Safe Drinking Water Act. The bill says the process is exempt because it doesn't harm groundwater. Opponents of the exemption are trying to repeal it, and a new study from the EPA would add muscle to their argument.

propublica.org/article/epa-administrator-forecasts-potential-shift-on-bush-era-drilling-loop-522

and as you can see by the article and fractured link back to it, they, The admin. has known about this since, May of 2009. Any word yet on changes?....I am sure Salazar is all over it.

EPA Administrator Forecasts Potential Shift on Bush-Era Drilling Loophole
by Joaquin Sapien, ProPublica - May 22, 2009 3:02 pm EDT

Signaling the potential for an important policy reversal, Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Lisa Jackson said in a congressional hearing on Tuesday that the agency would consider revisiting its controversial position that a popular natural gas drilling technique doesn't harm groundwater.

A 2004 study [1] (PDF) conducted by the EPA concluded that hydraulic fracturing [2] -- a process that involves pummeling the earth with millions of gallons of water mixed with sand and chemicals to extract natural gas -- causes "no threat" to underground drinking water.

The study is often used by the gas industry to rebut concerns over drinking water contamination. It was also the main basis for a provision in a 2005 energy bill that exempts hydraulic fracturing from regulation under the Safe Drinking Water Act. The bill says the process is exempt because it doesn't harm groundwater. Opponents of the exemption are trying to repeal it, and a new study from the EPA would add muscle to their argument.

propublica.org/article/epa-administrator-forecasts-potential-shift-on-bush-era-drilling-loop-522

Truly frightening is how much damage has already happened.

The bulk is in the Red States and they don't seem to care too much what Republicans did, so that's good. In fact, no matter what Republicans have done, they seem to accept it.

What will this cost the country? Brain lesions? Seriously?

And the guy with the exploding water. On Morning Joe, the guy in the trailer wasn't the only one with exploding water.

I suspect this isn't the end of the Bush/Republican legacy. Every day brings a new disaster. How many can Obama deal with at a time? Then you have the "filibuster" Republicans desperately trying to block him from fixing anything. Anyone who votes Republican has got to be crazy.

I don't see this as a red blue issue, if it sux, it sux.

Normally, I wouldn't see it as a red/blue issue, but Republicans have turned everything into a red/blue issue.

I believe the reason they work so hard to make Obama "fail" is so that no minority candidate will ever be considered again.

Look at those on this board. First Obama is weak, now he's a bully.

And with an ecological disaster like this (take your pick, fracturing or gulf), Republican leaders just don't seem too alarmed beyond the political.

George Bush has left a lasting legacy on this Country, all the while, he sits in Texas smurking and drinking tea. What a jerk!

George Bush has left a lasting legacy on this Country, all the while, he sits in Texas smurking and drinking tea. What a jerk!

I hope he drinks "tasty" tea made from "fractured" water.

Why don't Libs start their own gas free, oil free country?

They did start their own country. It's called The United States of America. Now, for some strange reason, the liberals have to support Republicans.

Government Spending

Perhaps more interesting is looking at where federal spending is directed. The red states in the map below are states which received more than $1.00 in federal money for every $1.00 in taxes paid by residents of that state. Blue states are states which received less than $1.00 in federal money for every $1.00 paid by residents of that state in taxes (information from a 2005 study by the Tax Foundation).

map.gif

Believe me, liberals are sick and tired of having to support under educated and ungrateful confederate conservatives.

Believe me, liberals are sick and tired of having to support under educated and ungrateful confederate conservatives.
There's a solution to that: Limited Government. When was the last time you supported that? Probably never.

And by the way, we Conservatives are sick and tired of paying for your "Big Government Liberal Utopian Fantasies That Never Work" as well.

There's a solution to that: Limited Government. When was the last time you supported that? Probably never.

And by the way, we Conservatives are sick and tired of paying for your "Big Government Liberal Utopian Fantasies That Never Work" as well.

Except that in red, conservative states, you guys receive more than a dollar for every dollar you pay, while the blue states get less than a dollar for every dollar paid.

It sucks. Without confederate conservatives to drag this country down, we would have a balanced budget, everyone would have health care and we would probably be energy independent.

I don't see this as a red blue issue, if it sux, it sux.

Normally, I wouldn't see it as a red/blue issue, but Republicans have turned everything into a red/blue issue.

I believe the reason they work so hard to make Obama "fail" is so that no minority candidate will ever be considered again.

Look at those on this board. First Obama is weak, now he's a bully.

And with an ecological disaster like this (take your pick, fracturing or gulf), Republican leaders just don't seem too alarmed beyond the political.

Both sides play politics man you know that, whatever crap we are in we got here together.

Anyway on this issue, has the admin. taken any steps to change the law or statutes pertaining to your op? They are clearly aware of the issue...

Just one problem DUMB ASS, Obama has been President since Jan 2009 and he has NOT changed the policy. You see retard if the President makes a policy via Presidential signings, then they are null and void the MINUTE a new President rescinds them.

So basically you have just admitted Obama is so fucking STUPID he has not changed a policy you find wrong. Thanks for playing.

Just one problem DUMB ASS, Obama has been President since Jan 2009 and he has NOT changed the policy. You see retard if the President makes a policy via Presidential signings, then they are null and void the MINUTE a new President rescinds them.

So basically you have just admitted Obama is so fucking STUPID he has not changed a policy you find wrong. Thanks for playing.

Here, let me talk to you in your language. That way, you will be sure to understand.

"Listen up you fucking piece of week old and putrid dog shit, President Obama is ONE MAN. Bush/Republicans had 8 years to fuck up every part of this country. It took years to build up the WTC, but only minutes to bring it crashing down.

THAT is what Obama is faced with. Obama has spent every minute of his presidency trying to put out one Republican disaster after another, most of the time, several at the same time. Only Republicans and conservatives are so fucking stupid and racist, it's not that they CAN'T see it, it's that they WON'T see it."

And the latest evidence? Republicans were calling Obama "weak and ineffective", then, once the 20 billion with no cap was announced, suddenly, he was a "bully". This is evidence of "Republican Tardation of the first magnitude".

Last edited by a moderator:

Here, let me talk to you in your language. That way, you will be sure to understand.

"Listen up you fucking piece of week old and putrid dog shit, President Obama is ONE MAN. Bush/Republicans had 8 years to fuck up every part of this country. It took years to build up the WTC, but only minutes to bring it crashing down.

THAT is what Obama is faced with. Obama has spent every minute of his presidency trying to put out one Republican disaster after another, most of the time, several at the same time. Only Republicans and conservatives are so fucking stupid and racist, it's not that they CAN'T see it, it's that they WON'T see it."

And the latest evidence? Republicans were calling Obama "weak and ineffective", then, once the 20 billion with no cap was announced, suddenly, he was a "bully". This is evidence of "Republican Tardation of the first magnitude".

President Obama is one man? LOL What a fucking retard!

What a total fucking retard!

You mean there's more than one?

You mean there's more than one?

I have to give you credit for saying one of the stupidest things I've ever read anywhere.

"President Obama is ONE MAN" - RDean, 94% of his posts are a waste of electrons

Forum List

Back