Bush leaves us in worse financial shape than we imagined

Based on the title of this thread, I would agree. Based on the past month I'd say, "We ain't seen nothin' yet."

Yes it goes back forty years and for thirty of them the dems controlled either one or both houses of congress and this isn't a federal problem so much as a local one any way.

Sure thing. Remind me again how Obama's plan to spend 3 TRILLION dollars over the next 4 years, over and above any regular budget is good when you keep complaining about Bush spending?

Lets just say this if Obama's plan doesnt work you can talk all you want. But until the world turns to that stuff beneath your shoe why complain you didnt when Bush was running earth shattering deficits. But you know what is so different about this during Bush the money was for other countries this time most of the money is for our country. Umm do you see it or do you have something to pull out of a hat.

um.......if obama did nothing this down cycle would end......if he does something this down cycle will end......ether way he will get credit......so .....better to blame this mess on the previous admin.....do as much as possible and take credit for doing something and take credit for the natural recovery of the business cycle.....

sure, what goes around, comes around...

The timing of such is what Obama is counting on....with stimulus, he is betting on the turn around to take less than 4 years so he can get reelected, without the stimulus he was betting the turn around wouldn't happen till maybe 8 years or longer....

certainly there will be a turn around....or maybe... hopefully there will be...it's a matter of 'when', that is debatable.
care

This unstimulus will delay that from happening as it involves far too much federal micro management.

Maybe.

But I can tell you one thing, there is no way in the world, the obama administration believes what you said about the stimulus delaying a recovery....because if they DID, they would have gone that route of doing nothing....for CERTAIN....

because their GOAL is to make Obama a 2 term president and delaying a recovery in our economy, will not make him a two term president.

So, as said, you can bet your BOTTOM DOLLAR, that the Obama team honestly BELIEVES that this stimulus will bring us in to a recovery quicker, than doing nothing....

as said before, time will tell all....

I am not so sure, one way or the other...

Care

Bush this Bush that ....
It was the government that put us where we are and that includes fucking Democrats!!

Can Obama do as he wishes? ...... NO

Not many were allowed to do anything fella.

You can blame Clinton for sgining Gramm Leach Bliley act 1999 though because that is waht opened the flood gates that caused this mess. The Iraq war was also a big bleeder of our treasure. Both were Republican wet dreams for a long time.

Did you hear the news on Friday?

Obama said that he's not going to use the same creative accounting that Bush Jr. used to lie to the American people when Bush Jr. was telling us "the economy is fundamentally strong".

I'd like to see exactly what they were doing.

Obama said that he's not going to use the same creative accounting that Bush Jr. used to lie to the American people when Bush Jr. was telling us "the economy is fundamentally strong".

Right, he's saying " things are bad, and are going to get worse, but hey, it wasn't me, Bush fucked it up". How admiirable of him.......

And don't give me this bullshit "at least he's telling the truth", no he isn't....

Right, he's saying " things are bad, and are going to get worse, but hey, it wasn't me, Bush fucked it up". How admiirable of him.......

And don't give me this bullshit "at least he's telling the truth", no he isn't....

facepalm_implied.jpg

So tell me genius, this is a recession in a negative spiral : Why would things not get worse? Have you seen something that we all have overlooked? Something that the most intelligent economic minds on this planet have missed?

HE IS TELLING THE FUCKING TRUTH, AND HE WAS FUCKING RIGHT: THINGS STILL ARE GETTING WORSE !!!!

Last edited:
Don't you Obamabots ever get the point for christ sake ?

When he said "there are no earmarks on this bill", he was not telling the truth.

When he said " there will be a catastrophe if this bill isn't rushed through", he was not telling the truth.

And for the info he has, for him to say Bush fucked things up, without assigning any blame to the democratic congress, again, he's not telling the truth.

You get the gas face......
Awesome_2_and_Chris_o_on_the_plane_with_the_gas_face.jpg

Last edited:

When he said "there are no earmarks on this bill", he was not telling the truth.

When he said " there will be a catastrophe if this bill isn't rushed through", he was not telling the truth.

And for the info he has, for him to say Bush fucked things up, without assigning any blame to the democratic congress, again, he's not telling the truth.

Sooper neat pic though ....

No, they will never get it. Hopeless.

facepalm_implied.jpg

So tell me genius, this is a recession in a negative spiral : Why would things not get worse? Have you seen something that we all have overlooked? Something that the most intelligent economic minds on this planet have missed?

HE IS TELLING THE FUCKING TRUTH, AND HE WAS FUCKING RIGHT: THINGS STILL ARE GETTING WORSE !!!!

Sooper neat pic though ....

He can say Bush fucked this economy up, because that is a fact. The worst thing is that he didn't even know it. That is said, really said :eusa_boohoo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiKvaCmYkRk&NR=1]YouTube - Bush: US economy "can withstand adjustments"[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY1QSu1-Iwg]YouTube - Barbara Boxer smacks down George Bush, Republicans on economy, alternative energy[/ame]

"All I know is good policy will strengthen our economy"-George W. Bush

ALL I KNOW IS THAT BAD POLICY WILL WEAKEN OUR ECONOMY

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/11/AR2009011102301_pf.html

March 14, 2008
NEW YORK - President Bush preached optimism and Republican orthodoxy of minimalist government intervention Friday as the best approach to an increasingly troubled economy.

The president chose the nation’s financial heart as the backdrop — and titans of business as the audience — for his most high-profile attempt to date to calm nerves from Wall Street to Main Street.

His main message, aside from displaying confidence in the U.S. economy’s underpinnings and historical resilience, was to caution against overreaction by policymakers that could damage the economy’s short- and long-term prospects, something he did about a half-dozen times in 40 minutes of remarks.

“Our economy obviously is going through a tough time,” Bush told a gathering of The Economic Club of New York. “The challenge is not to do anything foolish.”

The Bush administration has been trying to find a balance between acknowledging leaner times and forecasting that better ones will come soon. White House officials predict that things will turn around by summer as the effects are realized from a series of aggressive interest rate cuts by the Federal Reserve and an economic stimulus package that will send tax rebate checks to 130 million households starting in May.

But those actions face off against a series of blows; the dollar has dropped to new lows, while oil and gold are hitting new highs. The economy is now shedding jobs, rather than adding them. Retail sales have dropped.

Some economists believe the economy may already be in recession — a milestone that generally requires at least two consecutive quarters of negative growth.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23632324/

Last edited:

Awesome_2_and_Chris_o_on_the_plane_with_the_gas_face.jpg

The messiah is incapable of lying.

It would be nice if our government didn't have its own creative accounting system wouldn't it?

Bush's ADMIN was is NOT the first to play games with the numbers.

Nor will they be the last, as Obama just made abundantly clear with his so called cutting of the Deficit in half in 4 years. To only half a trillion.

LOL

There are no earmarks. It should be interesting to see what the various state and local governments do with it.

Poor RGS must really get tired of being slapped silly.

Oh? How's he getting slapped silly? And by who? YOU? I think not. Bush is no longer President. Get over it. Or don't you leftwingnuts adhere to your own rules? That IS of course, a rhetorical question. I already no the answer.

Maybe if you lefties, AND Bush, weren't trying to bandaid the private sector economy with nonexistent government dollars, the Federal budget wouldn't look anywhere near as bad as it does.

You're just part of the problem.

The policy Bush will be most remembered for; No Dollar Left Behind.

Forum List

Back