Bush justice is a national disgrace

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<blockquote>In the course of its tenure since the Sept. 11 attacks, the Bush administration has turned the entire government (and the DOJ in particular) into a veritable Augean stable on issues such as civil rights, civil liberties, international law and basic human rights, as well as criminal prosecution and federal employment and contracting practices. It has systematically undermined the rule of law in the name of fighting terrorism, and it has sought to insulate its actions from legislative or judicial scrutiny and accountability by invoking national security at every turn, engaging in persistent fearmongering, routinely impugning the integrity and/or patriotism of its critics, and protecting its own lawbreakers. This is neither normal government conduct nor "politics as usual," but a national disgrace of a magnitude unseen since the days of Watergate - which, in fact, I believe it eclipses. - <a href=http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_6308408>John S. Koppel, Civil Appellate Attorney, Department of Justice</a></blockquote>

The depths to which the Bush administration has sunk to is indeed worse than Watergate could have ever been. At least Nixon when confronted, by Republicans, with his malfeasance had the good grace to resign. Bush, Cheney, and the rest of that merry band, shamelessly try to spin their misconduct, malfeasance and crimes by blandly stating "Mistakes were made...". The only mistake, and it is an ongoing one, is that Congress continues to shirk its duties by failing to bring articles of impeachment against Bush AND Cheney, as well as Alberto Gonzalez and other members of the BUsh administration for thier criminal misconduct

<blockquote>In the course of its tenure since the Sept. 11 attacks, the Bush administration has turned the entire government (and the DOJ in particular) into a veritable Augean stable on issues such as civil rights, civil liberties, international law and basic human rights, as well as criminal prosecution and federal employment and contracting practices. It has systematically undermined the rule of law in the name of fighting terrorism, and it has sought to insulate its actions from legislative or judicial scrutiny and accountability by invoking national security at every turn, engaging in persistent fearmongering, routinely impugning the integrity and/or patriotism of its critics, and protecting its own lawbreakers. This is neither normal government conduct nor "politics as usual," but a national disgrace of a magnitude unseen since the days of Watergate - which, in fact, I believe it eclipses. - <a href=http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_6308408>John S. Koppel, Civil Appellate Attorney, Department of Justice</a></blockquote>

The depths to which the Bush administration has sunk to is indeed worse than Watergate could have ever been. At least Nixon when confronted, by Republicans, with his malfeasance had the good grace to resign. Bush, Cheney, and the rest of that merry band, shamelessly try to spin their misconduct, malfeasance and crimes by blandly stating "Mistakes were made...". The only mistake, and it is an ongoing one, is that Congress continues to shirk its duties by failing to bring articles of impeachment against Bush AND Cheney, as well as Alberto Gonzalez and other members of the BUsh administration for thier criminal misconduct

here here...........pelosi for president!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl: Thanks I needed a good laugh today.

I keep hoping the demonuts DO bring Impeachment proceedings. Then the wackjobs will be ON record with a vote as to unreasoning hatred of a duly elected President and his Administration for nothing other than doing their jobs.

I am quite sure what the RESULTS of such an action would be in 2008. As are the current leaders of the Democrats in Congress, and why they have no intention of doing it.

Is that why Bush and team are fighting with everything they have to keep the people from knowing anything about what they are and have done?

Is that why Bush and team are fighting with everything they have to keep the people from knowing anything about what they are and have done?

Remind me again how once the dems took congress we would all be told of all the lies and underhanded goings on.... still waiting....

You and the nuts like you can not seem to grasp a basic concept. Bush can only be President for 8 years. come 2009 someone new will be in the office. Explain again how this mad genius idiot savant will "protect" all his supposed "illegal" activities once he is no longer president AND no longer able to claim executive privalege over this supposed "illegal" activity?

He is smart enough to hood wink the entire world BUT to stupid to know in 2009 he is toast. Ya got ya. I suggest you and your buddies buy better tinfoil for your hats and your houses.

That's quite true - but you know - and I'm not alleging criminality by the Administration - crooks never believe they're going to be caught, if they did, they wouldn't commit crimes would they?

Now moving from that analogy it could be that the Administration started out with honest intentions and has just crashed into incompetence and venality and acted so recklessly that being found out never crossed their minds.

Of course there is also the view that Bush and Cheney will not leave office but will run a false flag operation to create a crisis that enables them to declare a state of emergency and to stay in office. I don't hold to that by the way, I don't think your country would put up with it. I stick more to the idea that things just got completely out of their control and they kept trying to patch things up, not realising they were transgressing until it was too late.

I also think that after the Bush Administration is out of office the new Administration and Congress won't go after them, preferring instead to look to heal the rifts. Only the most serious criminality (assuming there is any) will be investigated and prosecuted I would think.

That's quite true - but you know - and I'm not alleging criminality by the Administration - crooks never believe they're going to be caught, if they did, they wouldn't commit crimes would they?

Now moving from that analogy it could be that the Administration started out with honest intentions and has just crashed into incompetence and venality and acted so recklessly that being found out never crossed their minds.

Of course there is also the view that Bush and Cheney will not leave office but will run a false flag operation to create a crisis that enables them to declare a state of emergency and to stay in office. I don't hold to that by the way, I don't think your country would put up with it. I stick more to the idea that things just got completely out of their control and they kept trying to patch things up, not realising they were transgressing until it was too late.

I also think that after the Bush Administration is out of office the new Administration and Congress won't go after them, preferring instead to look to heal the rifts. Only the most serious criminality (assuming there is any) will be investigated and prosecuted I would think.

Unfortunately, I agree with you on you last point. No one in this administration will be held accountable for their actions. Thus the functional fascist state established by the Bush administration will become a de facto fascist state. I don't however subscribe, any longer, to the notion that incompetence alone led the Bush administration to where it is today. There has been malfeasance aplenty in this administration and a marked tendency towards authoritarian, even fascistic, tendencies. What may have begun as simple incompetence devolved into a morass of corruption, secrecy, hubris and moral, as well as intellectual, bankruptcy on the part of Bush and Company.

Unfortunately, I agree with you on you last point. No one in this administration will be held accountable for their actions. Thus the functional fascist state established by the Bush administration will become a de facto fascist state. I don't however subscribe, any longer, to the notion that incompetence alone led the Bush administration to where it is today. There has been malfeasance aplenty in this administration and a marked tendency towards authoritarian, even fascistic, tendencies. What may have begun as simple incompetence devolved into a morass of corruption, secrecy, hubris and moral, as well as intellectual, bankruptcy on the part of Bush and Company.

What a load of garbage, Remind me again about your feelings on that enlightened administration run by the Pristine, law abiding William Jefferson Clinton and his altruistic bunch of buddies. The most corrupt president in our history and you find fault with Bush for protecting the country.

When Bush burns 74 innocent men, women and children alive, I'll be with Bullypulpit. Until then, Bill KKKlinton's crimes against the American people are FAR, FAR, FAR more egregious in my book. Fuck the libtards whining about some terrorists being dressed up like girls and taunted at Guantanamo bay. Your selective outrage makes me want to fucking vomit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where were you when the Branch Davidian compound was burning down thanks to KKKlinton, Reno and some overzealous BATFags? FUCK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They could have surrendered. Unfortunately for them they signed up with a solid gold nutter and he took them with him.

To allude to a few lib talking points: the government could have waited them out. They were contained and no direct threat to anyone.

To allude to a few lib talking points: the government could have waited them out. They were contained and no direct threat to anyone.

I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other about the Branch Davidian raid, but if my memory serves, there was a concern at the time that child abuse and child sexual assault were being perpetrated within the compound. In addition, as these guys were apocolyptics, I am sure that there was a concern that a mass suicide might have occurred. It wouldn't have been the first (or last) time. In hindsight, obviously the raid was a bad idea, but keeping these facts in mind allows one to at least see why some advocated the action.

When Bush burns 74 innocent men, women and children alive, I'll be with Bullypulpit. Until then, Bill KKKlinton's crimes against the American people are FAR, FAR, FAR more egregious in my book. Fuck the libtards whining about some terrorists being dressed up like girls and taunted at Guantanamo bay. Your selective outrage makes me want to fucking vomit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where were you when the Branch Davidian compound was burning down thanks to KKKlinton, Reno and some overzealous BATFags? FUCK YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that has to exactly how, with the discussion at hand? Or are you simply trying to change the subject as you are unable to actually debate the one at hand? You and RSR should get together and have a nice little circle-jerk with lieberalism as the pivot-man.

And that has to exactly how, with the discussion at hand? Or are you simply trying to change the subject as you are unable to actually debate the one at hand? You and RSR should get together and have a nice little circle-jerk with lieberalism as the pivot-man.

The point is that you claim this President has subverted our Justice system with absolutely no evidence to support your claim and remain quiet on the President that was responsible for armed attacks on peaceful american citizens, he also allowed the murderer and the man that ordered the murder of weavers wife and son to be promoted. He allowed an armed incursion into a house full of peaceful people to sieze a child AGAINST the direct wishes of the local authorities.

But do pretend it doesn't matter.

Far be it for me to point out REAL crimes against the Constitution and the American people.

Waco is the litmus test for me. You just went from someone who has an honest difference of opinion to a hopeless DNC loyalist. Pathetic.

The point is that you claim this President has subverted our Justice system with absolutely no evidence to support your claim and remain quiet on the President that was responsible for armed attacks on peaceful american citizens, he also allowed the murderer and the man that ordered the murder of weavers wife and son to be promoted. He allowed an armed incursion into a house full of peaceful people to sieze a child AGAINST the direct wishes of the local authorities.

But do pretend it doesn't matter.

If Bullypulpit were talking about how tall the weeds were in his front yard, and you mentioned Sequoia trees, you'd be accused of changing the subject because of an inability to discuss the one at hand.

Bullypulpit is angry because he wanted an anti-Bush circle jerk, and instead someone pointed out that Bill Clinton's crimes against America were far more egregious. It's as simples as that. He's too blinded by mindless loyalty to the DNC to realize that in a discussion about presidential infringement of our civil liberties, civil rights, and human rights, Clinton, not Bush, is the man to talk about.

Forum List

Back