Bush jokes about "one legged Veteran". Hilarious Right Wing Humor!

R

rdean

George W. Bush, Chris Christie Talk Taxes in NYC

“I have decided to stay out of the limelight,” Bush said. “It’s not good to undermine our president. I’ve been asked if I miss the presidency. I really don’t, but I really do miss being commander in chief. We have a calling to save lives in the developing world. We can’t be isolationists and hope for a peaceful tomorrow.”

With his characteristic sense of humor, Bush also spoke of his mountain bike rides with wounded war veterans, saying, “I don’t like being beaten by a one-legged veteran on a mountain bike.”

----------------------------------------------------------

No wonder he missed being the commander in chief.

“I have decided to stay out of the limelight,” Bush said. “It’s not good to undermine our president. I’ve been asked if I miss the presidency. I really don’t, but I really do miss being commander in chief. We have a calling to save lives in the developing world. We can’t be isolationists and hope for a peaceful tomorrow.”

With his characteristic sense of humor, Bush also spoke of his mountain bike rides with wounded war veterans, saying, “I don’t like being beaten by a one-legged veteran on a mountain bike.”

You're an idiot.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRV5Y1JCGRI]Biden Gaffe: Asks a Gentleman in a Wheelchair to Stand Up - YouTube[/ame]

Context can be your friend. You don't always need to be a bottom feeder.

The context is the guy lost his leg because Bush sent him to Iraq for reasons still unclear. Terrible. Terrible and awful.

what is the problem here? You don't think a one legged man can ride a bike? They run triathlons now, get your head out of your ass.

President Bush was paying the veteran a compliment. Instead of complaining and whining and crying about their plight, wounded warriors are taking their new limbs and continuing on with life.

A visit to Walter Reed once in awhile does wonders for my occasional crybaby attitude about a little pain, a limp, and a few scars. I write this from the experience of seeing one and no-legged people moving on and making the best of their situation. We all did as ordered and some came back a little less whole than others. I saw the TV piece about Bush and veterans riding bikes in the desert. They all considered the ride to be an honor and rode their asses off, regardless of number of fake limbs.

Last edited:
“I don’t like being beaten by a one-legged veteran on a mountain bike.”

You'd think he'd be grateful.

I'm glad you're a liberal democrat.

Between you and tm, you have to be in a race to see who's the dumbest fucking people alive.

Yeah, I didn't think that was bad, classic W Bush humor. He's always self-deprecatiing too, I always thought he was just sociable and gregarious. Do you remember the guy who always did the Bush impressions. He was at the correspondent's dinners and Bush really reacted so well to that guy.

That comic died recently, I heard.

Hate Bush politics, most of it, but I like his sense of humor.

Moron.

Yeah, it's such an insult to say to a veteran with one leg that, even with one leg, they beat an able bodied man.

Hacks.

And, no doubt the hacks will not view the vid, either.

Hacks make shit up in their heads that have nothing to do with reality and propagandize that.

Morons.

Context can be your friend. You don't always need to be a bottom feeder.

The context is the guy lost his leg because Bush sent him to Iraq for reasons still unclear. Terrible. Terrible and awful.

The context is that even with one leg, the vet was a better biker. Clearly Bush has a deep admiration for our miiitary. Something not shared by the enemy in the white house today.

Moron.

Yeah, it's such an insult to say to a veteran with one leg that, even with one leg, they beat an able bodied man.

Hacks.

Hacks make shit up in their heads that have nothing to do with reality and propagandize that.

Morons.

Yeah, you explain it to everyone now professor. I'm sure nobody but you understands the context. Maybe you can get your attorney friend to come in and help you.

And?

Holy crap. Seriously?

Bush was praising the tenacity of the veteran.

Moron.

Hacks.

Morons.

Yeah, you explain it to everyone now professor. I'm sure nobody but you understands the context. Maybe you can get your attorney friend to come in and help you.
Honestly, Sarah, as it's clear that the only thing above your shoulders is a vacuum, it would be a waste of anyone's time.

You just keep parroting the others who 'think' for you.

There's a good girl.... *pats Sarah on the head*

Moron.

Hacks.

Morons.

Honestly, Sarah, as it's clear that the only thing above your shoulders is a vacuum, it would be a waste of anyone's time.

Thanks prof. I'll take all of that sage commentary to heart..

Thanks prof. I'll take all of that sage commentary to heart..
:eusa_shhh: (I haven't been in academia since 2006, dear. But, thanks for your interest in my personal life.)

Forum List

Back