Bush Job Approval...

Merlin1047 said:
Wonder what this is based on? I sure haven't seen an increase in his performance.

Exactly---Why should I or any one else for that matter put any credence in a poll. I don't care HOW "scientific they are but the media runs with these numbers which are generated by some "scientific" folks who can carefully word questions that can lead to the wrong conclusions.

The not-so-recent poll I love to hate is----Do you approve of the way Pres Bush is handling the war in Iraq ? Now what the hell is that supposed to mean and how is one to interpret those results ?

There are hundreds of reasons to NOT agree with how he is handling the war but that DOES NOT FOR A MINUTE translate into "People are anti-war". I'm ashamed at the level of intelligence the media trys to "inform".

( but yes---since we're gonna play with these made up numbers why is the reporting on them so one-sided ? )
Because MSM AND even some cable is damned and determined that the public see reality in a certain way and NO ONE CAN DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!

dilloduck said:
Exactly---Why should I or any one else for that matter put any credence in a poll. I don't care HOW "scientific they are but the media runs with these numbers which are generated by some "scientific" folks who can carefully word questions that can lead to the wrong conclusions.

The not-so-recent poll I love to hate is----Do you approve of the way Pres Bush is handling the war in Iraq ? Now what the hell is that supposed to mean and how is one to interpret those results ?

There are hundreds of reasons to NOT agree with how he is handling the war but that DOES NOT FOR A MINUTE translate into "People are anti-war". I'm ashamed at the level of intelligence the media trys to "inform".

( but yes---since we're gonna play with these made up numbers why is the reporting on them so one-sided ? )
Because MSM AND even some cable is damned and determined that the public see reality in a certain way and NO ONE CAN DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!!

I used to subscribe to Gallop. Interestingly enough, on a poll like this, they usually do offer reasons why you don't approve. I heard this poll this morning on the radio and it seems that something like 62% of those 'that didn't approve full/somewhat' were unhappy that we haven't acted more 'decisively and aggressively.'

That the type of thing you all are referring to?

Merlin1047 said:
Wonder what this is based on? I sure haven't seen an increase in his performance.

Which is the point I was trying to make. A poll is only as good as the person who writes the questions. I wonder how significant the other poll really is when most of the people that disapprove would still vote for Bush.

no1tovote4 said:
Which is the point I was trying to make. A poll is only as good as the person who writes the questions. I wonder how significant the other poll really is when most of the people that disapprove would still vote for Bush.

I agree, my point was the media decides what 'part' of the poll questions to report upon. Not fair, balanced, or truthful. Not suprised.

Kathianne said:
I used to subscribe to Gallop. Interestingly enough, on a poll like this, they usually do offer reasons why you don't approve. I heard this poll this morning on the radio and it seems that something like 62% of those 'that didn't approve full/somewhat' were unhappy that we haven't acted more 'decisively and aggressively.'

That the type of thing you all are referring to?

Yup--another media issue though,--they pick and choose which parts of the polls they want people to hear and low and behold---that's all that everyone talks about from the ordinary citizen on up to the politicos. Republicans do a shitty job of controlling spin.

polls are crap ...there is only one poll that matters and that is election day....bushy's perfomance has always been bushy's perfomance...bitching and moaning about it won't change what he is or is not doing...if you want things change write your represenatives

Forum List

Back