Bush isn't for Job Creation? Hmm....

Its not just tax cuts that aid jobs. Many people use their layoff to kickstart their own business, thus they would not be counted in the corporate job polls. So the unemployment numbers are inaccurate most of the time. It depends entirely on if they go door to door to actual residences, or just call major employers and ask if they have been hiring, the latter of which, is 99% of the time.

fuzzykitten99 said:
Its not just tax cuts that aid jobs. Many people use their layoff to kickstart their own business, thus they would not be counted in the corporate job polls. So the unemployment numbers are inaccurate most of the time. It depends entirely on if they go door to door to actual residences, or just call major employers and ask if they have been hiring, the latter of which, is 99% of the time.
Exactly. I know of many corporate guys that were laid off in the late 90's early 2000 that went on to make even more money running their own businesses as consultants. However, they are not counted as being employed as you say.

Bush has created a TON of jobs!
Unfortunately, most of them have been for the military, defense contractors and Halliburton.

Gabriella84 said:
Unfortunately, most of them have been for the military, defense contractors and Halliburton.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050708/ap_on_bi_go_ec_fi/economy

The civilian unemployment rate dropped to 5 percent in June, down a notch from 5.1 percent in May and the lowest since September 2001. The jobless rate has drifted downward after hitting 6.3 percent in June 2003, its highest point during the economic recovery...

...On Wall Street, investors buoyed by the jobs news said it suggested the economy is advancing at a modest pace that won't fan inflation. The Dow Jones industrials soared 146.85 points to close at 10,449.14.

For the first half of this year, job growth has averaged 181,000 a month, close to the average 183,000 jobs created each month in 2004. "That's an amazingly steady and healthy pace," said Stuart Hoffman, chief economist at PNC Financial Services Group. "Is 180,000-plus jobs a month great? No. It is good and solid? Yes."

Wanting to keep inflation in check, the Federal Reserve boosted a key interest rate by one-quarter percentage point to 3.25 percent last week. In doing so, Fed policymakers said: "Although energy prices have risen further, the expansion remains firm and labor market conditions continue to improve gradually."...

In spite of the tax cuts, rather because of them, tax collections are up, which is bringing the deficit down. Get it Gabby, tax cuts help create wealth, which creates more tax revenues:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&sid=aWHbMYS3rEvY&refer=us

U.S. Budget Deficit May Drop to $325 Bln This Year, Agency Says

July 8 (Bloomberg) -- Rising tax payments and a growing economy may push the U.S. federal deficit down to $325 billion or lower, a 24 percent decline from the previous estimate, the Congressional Budget Office said.

The agency, in a monthly snapshot for fiscal 2005 that ends on Sept. 30, said tax payments and spending were running ahead of the year-ago pace. As a result this year's deficit ``will be significantly less than $350 billion, perhaps below $325 billion.''

The White House is scheduled to issue its revised estimates on tax collections, spending and the deficit on July 13. In February, White House budget director Joshua Bolten forecast a deficit of $427 billion, about 3.5 percent of the nation's gross domestic product.

``Treasury receipts have been skyrocketing since April,'' and in June ``corporate receipts will lead this boon,'' said Ellen M. Beeson, an economist at the Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi Ltd. in New York, in an interview before the report. Her firm expects the July 13 report to forecast a 2005 deficit of $315 billion to $330 billion.

``The stock market will certainly like the lower-than- expected deficit as it will mean less financing will be needed to cover U.S. debt,'' Beeson said.

Last year the deficit reached a record $412 billion.

Tax Revenue Up 15%

In its monthly report, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office said federal tax collections from people and corporations are up about 15 percent from the same period a year ago, and spending is up about 7 percent.

For the first three quarters of the spending year, the deficit reached an estimated $251 billion, down from $327 billion at this time a year ago.

``The deficit picture is improving and it's a result of better economic growth, stronger revenue going into the Treasury,'' Bolten said in a Bloomberg news interview on June 24.

In June, the government ran a surplus of $21 billion, the CBO said, about $2 billion more than June 2004.

President George W. Bush set a goal of cutting the deficit in half from the estimate of $521 billion when the pledge was made in 2004.

``I think we will be headed well on the path to cutting the deficit in half by 2009 as the president has committed,'' Bolten said last month.

Gabriella84 said:

i don't think i have called anyone here 'stupid'. i think you might be the first...

It's not the president's job to CREATE jobs. his JOB is to run the country, plain and simple. It's not his fault you went to school and studied one thing, and now can't find a job in that field you studied, because you limited yourself rather than gaining skills and knowledge that you can use in more than one type of career.

Do you want me to send you tomorrow's edition of the jobs that are available right here in the Cities? The Sunday edition is usually 18-20 pages, all filled with ads for jobs that are needing to be filled. I have yet to see one for Haliburton, though there are military recruiting ads (and they were in there even back when clinton was prez).

its not up to the government to create jobs, their job is to keep the
infrastructure running and keep the money in the consumers hand
so I can succeed with my business.

Blaming or lauding them for the changes in the job market makes
only sense to me when it is connected to how to tax the least
intrusive to the market.

fuzzykitten99 said:
i don't think i have called anyone here 'stupid'. i think you might be the first...

It's not the president's job to CREATE jobs. his JOB is to run the country, plain and simple. It's not his fault you went to school and studied one thing, and now can't find a job in that field you studied, because you limited yourself rather than gaining skills and knowledge that you can use in more than one type of career.

Do you want me to send you tomorrow's edition of the jobs that are available right here in the Cities? The Sunday edition is usually 18-20 pages, all filled with ads for jobs that are needing to be filled. I have yet to see one for Haliburton, though there are military recruiting ads (and they were in there even back when clinton was prez).

I agree, but the President should take some responsebility in the economy. He should give incentives for businesses to hire more workers, ie tax credits.

You know what else is very odd? Libs say "Oh, but Bush is just for BIG Business"..... If that's the case, howcome my business (I'm a sole-proprietor) has taken off under Bush's administration?

If he's really just for big business, then why are so many small businesses I know of doing very well... even my own...

-Cp said:
You know what else is very odd? Libs say "Oh, but Bush is just for BIG Business"..... If that's the case, howcome my business (I'm a sole-proprietor) has taken off under Bush's administration?

If he's really just for big business, then why are so many small businesses I know of doing very well... even my own...

exactly. i'm just starting my own, but it will be a while before i can quit my FT job

New Topics

Forum List

Back