Bush in Saudi Arabia to discuss Oil

All but one of the 9-11 attackers were Suadis. The Bush administration had all the Bin Ladens and other Saudis in the US flown home when all other aircraft were grounded..Now, once more, they show their friendship for Bush and US.

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's leaders made clear Friday they see no reason to increase oil production until customers demand it, apparently rebuffing President Bush amid soaring U.S. gasoline prices.

It was Bush's second personal appeal this year to King Abdullah, head of the monarchy that rules this desert kingdom that is a longtime prime U.S. ally and home to the world's largest oil reserves. But Saudi officials stuck to their position that they will only pump more oil into the system when asked to by buyers, something they say is not happening now, the president's national security adviser told reporters.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080516/ap_on_re_mi_ea/bush_mideast

They know better and so do we. Times are coming where our dependence on them is going to disappear, then who will be their customers? India, China? Not such a comforting thought really. Ever wonder what would happen to someone trying to strong arm or back out on a deal with China? Think they'll run to the international court? Yeah...right!
What do you think China's military build up is all about?

All but one of the 9-11 attackers were Suadis. The Bush administration had all the Bin Ladens and other Saudis in the US flown home when all other aircraft were grounded..Now, once more, they show their friendship for Bush and US.

Are you KIDDING me? I think the first time I saw this posted was about 6 1/2 years ago.

I DO appreciate you proving my point that all the left does is beat dead horses though. However, this is about the most blatantly obvious one I've seen yet.

You going to do the "Bush's Grandaddy was a Nazi" one too?

FYI, there's already a thread posting this article as a topic.

Are you KIDDING me? I think the first time I saw this posted was about 6 1/2 years ago.

No shit, Gunny. I guess it must not be true today then. Sorry, but the crap that your side digs up from the past with Clinton and then denies about 9-11-----Bullshit.

I DO appreciate you proving my point that all the left does is beat dead horses though. (All, always and never are never true.)

Please Tell The Dead Horse Beating Society of the Right that Clinton is no longer in office.

As the election gets closer, you seem to become more partisan, Gunny.

So you think that the Saudis are our true friends?

Guess you missed this part of your post, huh?

The Saudi oil minister, Ali al-Naimi, announced that the kingdom decided on May 10 to raise production by 300,000 barrels at the request of customers, including the United States. He said that increase was sufficient.

What side is THAT, Col? I'm on MY side and make no fucking mistake about it.

Wahabbism is an extremist sect of Sunni Islam. They preach hatred of the west and the US in particular as much or more than the Shia do. You know anything relatively current?

The fact is, you politically correct leftwing goobers living in your denial refuse to address the enemy for who and what it is. Extremist Muslims are our enemy. They drive their trains every bit as much as the nutjob extremists are allowed to drive the trains here.

The majority are too busy trying to earn a living and make life better for their familes while y'all run your damned sucks.

They know better and so do we. Times are coming where our dependence on them is going to disappear, then who will be their customers? India, China? Not such a comforting thought really. Ever wonder what would happen to someone trying to strong arm or back out on a deal with China? Think they'll run to the international court? Yeah...right!

We buy virtually NO oil from the Middle East. Almost ALL our imports come from Canada, Mexico, and Venezuela. Chavez is our real enemy.

As for the Saudis, I have no idea why Bush would even ask them to increase production. OPEC is pumping AT CAPACITY already!!! There isn't anything they can do about it.

And who do you think is financing the build up of the China military? bush and his war are running such a monsterous national debt that, which in turn is bought by China. So, basically a GOP president who preaches conservatism is paying for the China build up.

bush has proven over and over that he is the worse President to ever occupy the Oval Office. Carter fell prey to the old embargo of the 70s. bush is holding hands with the Saudis.

Another clueless conspiracist:rofl:

He isnt clueless. He uses one of the irrelevent facts to delude himself. Anything to hate Pres Bush, is what they really want.

He knows full well that the nationality of the 9/11 attackers is meaningless. Its not even worthwhile to argue with him or his kind about it. THEY KNOW it isnt true, yet they still make the claim. It all comes down to their hatred.

I don't think any country is our true friends. Nations ally for self-interest, that is all. Oh I'd say that language and history helps, such as England, Australia, but that is all, helps.

We buy virtually NO oil from the Middle East. Almost ALL our imports come from Canada, Mexico, and Venezuela. Chavez is our real enemy.

As for the Saudis, I have no idea why Bush would even ask them to increase production. OPEC is pumping AT CAPACITY already!!! There isn't anything they can do about it.

First, it was pretty much required he do it. Since demand is overwhelming the supply. Second, it is also to show that Pres Bush doesnt control the price of oil as the left wants us to believe.

WHat you said is absolutely true, but how few people even know that? Its amazing how badly the MSM does its job, oppps, how well it does its job to distort the truth and delude the masses into liberal left wing thinking.

I don't think any country is our true friends. Nations ally for self-interest, that is all. Oh I'd say that language and history helps, such as England, Australia, but that is all, helps.

I think at the highest level, our President, and the leaders of other countries, sometimes, SOMETIMES, really do wind up as friends, and have somewhat of a bond, which SOMETIMES, will cause the leaders to certain decisions that are heavily influenced by those friendships, SOMETIMES.

DID I say SOMETIMES?

Guess you missed this part of your post, huh?

The Saudi oil minister, Ali al-Naimi, announced that the kingdom decided on May 10 to raise production by 300,000 barrels at the request of customers, including the United States. He said that increase was sufficient.

In other words, they've decided to increase global output by 0.35%. Whoopie!

Not that they can raise it much more, mind you. The world is producing flat out.

In other words, they've decided to increase global output by 0.35%. Whoopie!

Not that they can raise it much more, mind you. The world is producing flat out.

That was my point, they agreed to produce more when they are almost to capacity to begin with.

First, it was pretty much required he do it. Since demand is overwhelming the supply. Second, it is also to show that Pres Bush doesnt control the price of oil as the left wants us to believe.

WHat you said is absolutely true, but how few people even know that? Its amazing how badly the MSM does its job, oppps, how well it does its job to distort the truth and delude the masses into liberal left wing thinking.

Actually demand is NOT overwhelming supply. In fact the 4th Qtr 2007 saw the current demand/supply peak when the world produced a little less than 1M (million) brls/day more than it consumed. That's up to about 1.5M now and may exceed 2M by end of 2008, because, even though you won't hear it in the liberal media, the world IS tightening its belt, even China and India.

SO where is the excess going? Strategic oil RESERVES. Countries, not just the US, are stockpiling oil for future supply shortages. Five years ago most national reserves were less than 75% stocked, China and India less than 50%, but they are all over 95% stocked now and will soon be topped off with not a whole lot of extra reserve capacity coming on line. Somewhere around that time oil will begin to tank in price, sooner if speculators find something else to make a run on.....

Forum List

Back