Bush II has done more for Africa than ANY OTHER U.S. Prez. EVER

None of those who abstained got pregnant or contracted an STD.

Yea, as long as they "abstained". Bristol Palin "abstained". For two years. Until she "Tripped up".
Bristol%20baby.jpg

This is related to Africa HOW?

Oh yea...................
EPICFAIL.png

Uh, gee, uh, I don't know. Uh, because abstinence didn't work here?

So, you're gay but you promote "abstinence". I know you're not married. So you must be a virgin. How do you know you're gay? Maybe you just haven't met the right girl? Maybe you just think you're gay because you're shy around women?

700,000,000.00 in AIDS relief funding, prevention education, etc. This is a point even his harshest critics concede.

But I'm half curious to see the excuses for slander the BDS lefties here will come up with to "counter":lol:

GWB doesn't care bout black people.....:lol:

So he was saving thousands in Africa while he was getting tens of thousands needlessly killed in Iraq.

Does he almost qualify for the Even Steven Award? Not really, no.

People are going to say Bush didn't promote condom use in Africa, so he doesn't deserve any real credit.

Not only that, he cut support for any group or organization that promoted the use of condoms or family planning. That left only ignorant right wingnut groups teaching "abstinence only", something that didn't even work for Bristol Palin.

Bush's follies led directly to the laws being worked out in Uganda. Laws which I'm sure Righteous supports?

Study: Abstinence program most effective
at delaying sex among youths​

1px.gif

February 02, 2010|By Ashley Hayes, CNN

pixel.gif

An abstinence-only education program is more effective than other initiatives at keeping sixth- and seventh-graders from having sex within a two-year period, according to a study described by some as a landmark.

The study, published in the current issue of the Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine, indicated that about one-third of the preteens and their young teen classmates who received an eight-hour abstinence lesson had sexual intercourse within two years of the class.

By comparison, more than half of the students who were taught about safe sex and condom use reported having intercourse by the two-year mark, and more than 40 percent of students who received either an eight- or 12-hour lesson incorporating both abstinence education and safe sex reported having sex at two years.

Study: Abstinence program most effective at delaying sex among youths - CNN

lol, and they took the word of the kids on that? lol

Don't give half of the story. What about pregnancy and STDs?

Yea, as long as they "abstained". Bristol Palin "abstained". For two years. Until she "Tripped up".
Bristol%20baby.jpg

According to the study cited:
Researchers determined that none of the interventions [abstinence only or safe sex] had significant effects on consistent condom use or unprotected sex. For those who lost their virginity during the two year study, there was no difference in consistent condom use between the abstinence-only intervention and the control [safe sex] group .

IOW, it wouldn't have made any difference.

Last edited:
Uh, gee, uh, I don't know. Uh, because abstinence didn't work here?
Wrong. She wasn't abstinent, was she?

In her case, abstinence education didn't work. But as was shown above, it is effective.

Except when it doesn't work?:dunno:
Condoms are effective... except when they break. The pill is effective...except when it's not.

Did you think you had a point? You were wrong.

Bristol%20baby.jpg

Researchers determined that none of the interventions [abstinence only or safe sex] had significant effects on consistent condom use or unprotected sex. For those who lost their virginity during the two year study, there was no difference in consistent condom use between the abstinence-only intervention and the control [safe sex] group .

"no difference in consistent condom use between the abstinence-only intervention and the control [safe sex] group"

Abstinence only group wouldn't use condoms. That assertion doesn't even make sense.

Besides, how easy is it for those young children to even get condoms?

Now this I believe: The authors cautioned that before any policy issues are discussed, more research is needed to determine the efficacy of abstinence-only education for different populations

This was one of George W. Bush's crowning achievements. He deserves high praise for his efforts in relation to Africa. The efforts of the Bush administration probably wound up saving a good many lives.

700,000,000.00 in AIDS relief funding, prevention education, etc. This is a point even his harshest critics concede.

But I'm half curious to see the excuses for slander the BDS lefties here will come up with to "counter":lol:

GWB doesn't care bout black people.....:lol:

People are going to say Bush didn't promote condom use in Africa, so he doesn't deserve any real credit.

Not only that, he cut support for any group or organization that promoted the use of condoms or family planning. That left only ignorant right wingnut groups teaching "abstinence only", something that didn't even work for Bristol Palin.

Bush's follies led directly to the laws being worked out in Uganda. Laws which I'm sure Righteous supports?

This article I link to is by Bob Geldof. I detest your kind because you cannot and will not accept truth and go forward.

Despite my disgust at your post because you now go into the "he doesn't have a fucking clue what he is talking about" category I feel the need to respond.

I excuse unintelligent individuals in my life, but when I see arrogance and stupidity combined on a message board, well that pisses me clean off.

Bush has done more for Africa than any other world leader on the planet. You disgust me. Why?

Because you can't truth out.

I hate lies. I really hate lies and talking points that are lies.

It is some story. And I have always wondered why it was never told properly to the American people, who were paying for it. It was, for example, Bush who initiated the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) with cross-party support led by Senators John Kerry and Bill Frist.

In 2003, only 50,000 Africans were on HIV antiretroviral drugs — and they had to pay for their own medicine.

Today, 1.3 million are receiving medicines free of charge.

The U.S. also contributes one-third of the money for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria — which treats another 1.5 million.

It contributes 50% of all food aid (though some critics find the mechanism of contribution controversial).

On a seven-day trip through Africa, Bush announced a fantastic new $350 million fund for other neglected tropical diseases that can be easily eradicated; a program to distribute 5.2 million mosquito nets to Tanzanian kids; and contracts worth around $1.2 billion in Tanzania and Ghana from the Millennium Challenge Account, another initiative of the Bush Administration.

So why doesn't America know about this?

"I tried to tell them. But the press weren't much interested," says Bush. It's half true. There are always a couple of lines in the State of the Union, but not enough so that anyone noticed, and the press really isn't interested. For them, like America itself, Africa is a continent of which little is known save the odd horror.

Eat truth.

yours

td

Here are the wonderful writings of Geldof who was hanging with President Bush. You will love them.

Geldof and Bush: Diary From the Road - TIME

Oh and please make sure you torture a liberal with this...:eusa_angel:

Bristol%20baby.jpg

"no difference in consistent condom use between the abstinence-only intervention and the control [safe sex] group"

Abstinence only group wouldn't use condoms. That assertion doesn't even make sense.

Besides, how easy is it for those young children to even get condoms?

Now this I believe: The authors cautioned that before any policy issues are discussed, more research is needed to determine the efficacy of abstinence-only education for different populations

This reply makes no sense.

The scientific study is absolutely clear.

For those who lost their virginity during the two year study, there was no difference in consistent condom use between the abstinence-only intervention and the control [safe sex] group .
Do you only agree with science that supports your agenda?

Why wouldn't the abstinence group use a condom? Do you think that because they didn't learn about prophylactics in school that they are oblivious to there existence?

This study should blow a hole in that theory, since there was "no difference in consistent condom use" between the two groups.

This was one of George W. Bush's crowning achievements. He deserves high praise for his efforts in relation to Africa. The efforts of the Bush administration probably wound up saving a good many lives.

This is why I admire you and always read your posts.

Even though I might disagree with many of them, it doesn't matter. Because I believe I know for you you have thought thru any position, and come to a conclusion.

A conclusion you can believe in but still can be swayed by other facts when presented.

I love this place.

Not really.

Truth matters.

(good)Public-health policies of President George W. Bush's $45- billion PEPFAR program have brought AIDS drugs to almost 3 million people in poor countries such as Rwanda and Uganda, more than under any other president. (bad)Still, requirements that health workers emphasize abstinence from sex and monogamy over condom use have set back sexually transmitted disease prevention and family planning globally, said Susan F. Wood, co-chairman of Obama's advisory committee for women's health.

The decision to focus on abstinence was ``naïve and dangerous,'' and neglected prevention techniques with the most science behind them, said Mitchell Warren, executive director of the New York-based AIDS Vaccine Advocacy Coalition.

``Everyone pretty much expects we'll see a return to a true science-based response to HIV under Obama,'' he said in a telephone interview. ``We've seen eight years of a focus on things we know don't work.''

Condoms Trump Abstinence in Obama Global AIDS Policy (Update1) - Bloomberg

Major bad can't be offset with "a little good". Who knows how many were infected because of the Bush and religious right policies?

Yes, according to the Marxist propaganda the tiny amount not consumed by dictators and tyrants actually made matters worst. As if the Negroes of Africa are victims of anyone but themselves.

Still rdean comes close to being accurate although wrong in ideology.

No government can give any amount of money to change the third world into a free thinking civil first-class society such as the USA. This is an example why the government cannot have the ability to spend and tax at a whim.

No government should be able to give billions to failed nations and governments.

More examples that Africa is not ready to govern themselves. African governments have been failing the people since the end of Apartheid.

And yet the right is giving billions upon billions to China. They seem to be succeeding.

Right or left, does it really matter, how about Fienstiens husband, I could provide endless accounts of which politicians did what and the results are, if I am honest, all politicians have sold the Untied States to China or other nations. I cannot disagree that Republicans have done me no good at all. I am also not going to be stupid and see that Democrats possess human nature that is not influenced by the greed for money and power.

Under Reagan I saw housing prices in California at 250k, thats a lifetime of money to pay, under everyone I see taxes and fees as well as the difficulty of dealing with the bureaucracy of government costing me personally in the thousands of dollars, tens of thousands, I can honestly say if it was not for government, democrat and republican I would have a pretty easy life.

As it is some people can only see through bigoted eyes.

Baaaaaad people are best represented as rdean, what good does your ideas do anyone.

Wrong. She wasn't abstinent, was she?

In her case, abstinence education didn't work. But as was shown above, it is effective.

Except when it doesn't work?:dunno:
Condoms are effective... except when they break. The pill is effective...except when it's not.

Did you think you had a point? You were wrong.

lol

back in the sixties you could buy a birth control pill at major truck stops.

it was so funny.

Unless you were my dad and were travelling with my mom and my baba.

He came out of this huge truck stop in I 75 with a joke "birth control pill".

It was this huge piece of felt paper with instructions....

Place between knees on date and do not remove until you get home

:lol:

Forum List

Back