Bush II has done more for Africa than ANY OTHER U.S. Prez. EVER

(R)IGHTeous 1

GOPROUD
Dec 5, 2010
southeast Pennsylvania
700,000,000.00 in AIDS relief funding, prevention education, etc. This is a point even his harshest critics concede.

But I'm half curious to see the excuses for slander the BDS lefties here will come up with to "counter":lol:

GWB doesn't care bout black people.....:lol:

700,000,000.00 in AIDS relief funding, prevention education, etc. This is a point even his harshest critics concede.

But I'm half curious to see the excuses for slander the BDS lefties here will come up with to "counter":lol:

People are going to say Bush didn't promote condom use in Africa, so he doesn't deserve any real credit.

People are going to say Bush didn't promote condom use in Africa, so he doesn't deserve any real credit.

Not only that, he cut support for any group or organization that promoted the use of condoms or family planning. That left only ignorant right wingnut groups teaching "abstinence only", something that didn't even work for Bristol Palin.

Bush's follies led directly to the laws being worked out in Uganda. Laws which I'm sure Righteous supports?

Not only that, he cut support for any group or organization that promoted the use of condoms or family planning. That left only ignorant right wingnut groups teaching "abstinence only", something that didn't even work for Bristol Palin.

Bush's follies led directly to the laws being worked out in Uganda. Laws which I'm sure Righteous supports?

Study: Abstinence program most effective
at delaying sex among youths​

1px.gif

February 02, 2010|By Ashley Hayes, CNN

pixel.gif

An abstinence-only education program is more effective than other initiatives at keeping sixth- and seventh-graders from having sex within a two-year period, according to a study described by some as a landmark.

The study, published in the current issue of the Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine, indicated that about one-third of the preteens and their young teen classmates who received an eight-hour abstinence lesson had sexual intercourse within two years of the class.

By comparison, more than half of the students who were taught about safe sex and condom use reported having intercourse by the two-year mark, and more than 40 percent of students who received either an eight- or 12-hour lesson incorporating both abstinence education and safe sex reported having sex at two years.

Study: Abstinence program most effective at delaying sex among youths - CNN

Finally you got something right.

Bush did more for Africa than either "black" American presidents .. the so-called vanilla one in Bill Clinton, or the carmel one in Obama.

1px.gif

pixel.gif

An abstinence-only education program is more effective than other initiatives at keeping sixth- and seventh-graders from having sex within a two-year period, according to a study described by some as a landmark.

The study, published in the current issue of the Archives of Pediatrics & Adolescent Medicine, indicated that about one-third of the preteens and their young teen classmates who received an eight-hour abstinence lesson had sexual intercourse within two years of the class.

By comparison, more than half of the students who were taught about safe sex and condom use reported having intercourse by the two-year mark, and more than 40 percent of students who received either an eight- or 12-hour lesson incorporating both abstinence education and safe sex reported having sex at two years.

Don't give half of the story. What about pregnancy and STDs?

Why did you want George Bush showing children how to use a condom?

Bush giving money to corrupt African countries was a bad thing. Other than just stating how great it was why not show some real stories how Africa is so much better off. I would be a buck Africa still needs another hand out.

Any money that went to Africa made dictators and corrupt politicians rich beyond their dreams.

A huge waste of my tax money, a huge misuse of my labor, I got to pay for a house the next thirty years and Bush give my hard work to a dictator in Africa and we are suppose to commend him on the sincerity and nobleness of the thought.

Gee, I hope Obama gives even more money to Africa so we can see how kind and just Obama and the Liberal-Marxist are.

Its true, GWB did do this and it was a good thing

Not really.

Truth matters.

(good)Public-health policies of President George W. Bush's $45- billion PEPFAR program have brought AIDS drugs to almost 3 million people in poor countries such as Rwanda and Uganda, more than under any other president. (bad)Still, requirements that health workers emphasize abstinence from sex and monogamy over condom use have set back sexually transmitted disease prevention and family planning globally, said Susan F. Wood, co-chairman of Obama's advisory committee for women's health.

The decision to focus on abstinence was ``naïve and dangerous,'' and neglected prevention techniques with the most science behind them, said Mitchell Warren, executive director of the New York-based AIDS Vaccine Advocacy Coalition.

``Everyone pretty much expects we'll see a return to a true science-based response to HIV under Obama,'' he said in a telephone interview. ``We've seen eight years of a focus on things we know don't work.''

Condoms Trump Abstinence in Obama Global AIDS Policy (Update1) - Bloomberg

Major bad can't be offset with "a little good". Who knows how many were infected because of the Bush and religious right policies?

1px.gif

pixel.gif

No one in the cited study who abstained got pregnant or contracted an STD.

Last edited:

1px.gif

pixel.gif

Damn you M! You pwned Rdean before I could!:clap2:

Bush did more for Africa than either "black" American presidents .. the so-called vanilla one in Bill Clinton, or the carmel one in Obama.

I'm glad you're finally starting to wake up, and recognize what's right, and what really aint. When you awaken fully, you'll see I've been doin this for years.

1px.gif

pixel.gif

None of those who abstained got pregnant or contracted an STD.

Yea, as long as they "abstained". Bristol Palin "abstained". For two years. Until she "Tripped up".
Bristol%20baby.jpg

I'm glad you're finally starting to wake up, and recognize what's right, and what really aint. When you awaken fully, you'll see I've been doin this for years.

So you're a "virgin?? Cuz I know you ain't "married".

Not really.

Truth matters.

(good)Public-health policies of President George W. Bush's $45- billion PEPFAR program have brought AIDS drugs to almost 3 million people in poor countries such as Rwanda and Uganda, more than under any other president. (bad)Still, requirements that health workers emphasize abstinence from sex and monogamy over condom use have set back sexually transmitted disease prevention and family planning globally, said Susan F. Wood, co-chairman of Obama's advisory committee for women's health.

The decision to focus on abstinence was ``naïve and dangerous,'' and neglected prevention techniques with the most science behind them, said Mitchell Warren, executive director of the New York-based AIDS Vaccine Advocacy Coalition.

``Everyone pretty much expects we'll see a return to a true science-based response to HIV under Obama,'' he said in a telephone interview. ``We've seen eight years of a focus on things we know don't work.''

Major bad can't be offset with "a little good". Who knows how many were infected because of the Bush and religious right policies?

Yes, according to the Marxist propaganda the tiny amount not consumed by dictators and tyrants actually made matters worst. As if the Negroes of Africa are victims of anyone but themselves.

Still rdean comes close to being accurate although wrong in ideology.

No government can give any amount of money to change the third world into a free thinking civil first-class society such as the USA. This is an example why the government cannot have the ability to spend and tax at a whim.

No government should be able to give billions to failed nations and governments.

More examples that Africa is not ready to govern themselves. African governments have been failing the people since the end of Apartheid.

Not really.

Truth matters.

Yes, according to the Marxist propaganda the tiny amount not consumed by dictators and tyrants actually made matters worst. As if the Negroes of Africa are victims of anyone but themselves.

Still rdean comes close to being accurate although wrong in ideology.

No government can give any amount of money to change the third world into a free thinking civil first-class society such as the USA. This is an example why the government cannot have the ability to spend and tax at a whim.

No government should be able to give billions to failed nations and governments.

More examples that Africa is not ready to govern themselves. African governments have been failing the people since the end of Apartheid.

And yet the right is giving billions upon billions to China. They seem to be succeeding.

Forum List

Back