Bush Has 'Man To Man' Talk With Mfume, Departing NAACP Leader

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
i think even liberals with common sense could accept bush's explanation... i'm glad they're talking now, and maybe pres. bush can begin to break the stranglehold liberal dems have on black voters

and they claim pres. bush isn't open-minded

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A17010-2004Dec21.html

Departing NAACP Leader Has 'Man-to-Man' Talk With Bush

By Michael A. Fletcher
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, December 22, 2004; Page A11

President Bush and outgoing NAACP leader Kweisi Mfume met at the White House yesterday in what Mfume described as a frank, "man-to-man" discussion aimed at fixing the broken relationship between the president and the nation's oldest and largest civil rights organization.

Joined by the president's chief political strategist Karl Rove, Bush and Mfume spent much of the nearly 40-minute conversation discussing the strained relationship between Bush and the NAACP. Last summer, Bush pointedly declined an invitation to address the organization's national convention for the fourth consecutive year, calling his relationship with the group "basically nonexistent." The NAACP said Bush was the first president since Warren G. Harding who did not address the civil rights group while in office.

Mfume was invited to the White House last month after announcing his intention to step down after nine years as the NAACP's president and chief executive officer. Speaking to reporters, Mfume was careful to say that the private session -- which he had requested in a letter to Bush -- did not "constitute a meeting" between Bush and the NAACP. But, he said, he was hopeful the encounter could set the stage for "future dialogue between the NAACP and the White House."

In the past, Bush has said he refused to address the NAACP because of what he perceived as its unfair criticism of his policies, from his decision to invade Iraq to his opposition to many affirmative action programs. In yesterday's meeting, Bush said that he had refused to address the NAACP not because he feared a hostile reception from the group but because he thought such a reception would demean the presidency and embarrass the United States before the world, Mfume said. "That was something that was in his gut," Mfume said.

Scott McClellan, Bush's press secretary, called the meeting an extension of the president's policy of working with people willing to work with him. "The president and Mr. Mfume have had a good relationship in the past," McClellan said, "and this meeting is an opportunity to talk about how we can work together in the future on shared priorities."

During the talk, Mfume said, Bush sought his advice on a number of issues, "particularly issues affecting race in this country."

Julian Bond, the NAACP's board chairman, issued a statement saying he welcomed the discussion. Bond previously has been sharply critical of Bush and many Republicans -- who he once said "draw their most rabid supporters from the Taliban wing of American politics. " Earlier this year, the IRS launched an investigation into whether those remarks by Bond violated the NAACP's tax-exempt status.

"After being shut out of the White House for four years, we look forward to discussion about our differences -- and even agreement when our agendas intersect," Bond said in his statement.

The president met with Mfume before traveling to Walter Reed Army Medical Center's Fisher House, where Bush visited wounded soldiers and their families. Later in the afternoon, Bush left for Camp David, where he is to scheduled spend Christmas.

© 2004 The Washington Post Company

NATO AIR said:
i think even liberals with common sense could accept bush's explanation... i'm glad they're talking now, and maybe pres. bush can begin to break the stranglehold liberal dems have on black voters

and they claim pres. bush isn't open-minded
Not that the NAACP would have tried to sway the election by denigrating any dialogue between them and Bush....

-=d=- said:
I'm thinking the NAACP has done more to seperate blacks and whites than the KKK - just not as violently, perhaps.

in the last 25-30 years, with a few very rare exceptions, yea, you'd be about right.

these things tend to happen when your greatest leaders are all assasinated and you blame others for everything afterwards rather than looking inward.

NATO AIR said:
in the last 25-30 years, with a few very rare exceptions, yea, you'd be about right.

these things tend to happen when your greatest leaders are all assasinated and you blame others for everything afterwards rather than looking inward.

Which great leaders are you refering to?

NATO AIR said:
Malcom X, Martin Luther King Jr., Medger Evers

Medger Evers, maybe, but the other two???? If they are anything except agitating assholes of the world, I'm an aborigine midwife. I'm doing all I can to assist the movement to rescind mlk holiday. I celebrate his death day. I don't have any respect for the kkk, but I would much rather have a kkk holiday than a mlk holiday. He was a drunkard womanizing phony and definitely not a Reverend. I just lost what little respect I had for you too!!!

Merlin said:
Medger Evers, maybe, but the other two???? If they are anything except agitating assholes of the world, I'm an aborigine midwife. I'm doing all I can to assist the movement to rescind mlk holiday. I celebrate his death day. I don't have any respect for the kkk, but I would much rather have a kkk holiday than a mlk holiday. He was a drunkard womanizing phony and definitely not a Reverend. I just lost what little respect I had for you too!!!

I'm saddened you feel that way about MLK Jr. The man was not anywhere near perfect (as sadly we remember him today) but his contributions, ideas and sacrifice for the cause of human rights and this very nation we call America should never be forgotten or discounted as some are trying to. I would be glad to give up MLK Jr's holiday if more and more people would take his true legacy of social justice and brave morality and further it. Not everyone can be Jesus, in fact no one can be Jesus, he was, is and will be the only perfect man on this Earth and I doubt anyone could even be near perfect and come close to accomplishing what our greatest citizens have; MLK Jr., Ronald Reagan, FDR, Abe Lincoln and Thomas Jefferson.

If you want to read a book that shows the true MLK Jr. (yes his womanizing, plagarizing, etc etc is revealed in brutal honesty in it) while perhaps expanding and maybe even allowing you a new look at him with some respect and appreciation, read Michael Eric Dyson's "I May Not Get There With You."

Merry Christmas Merlin

NATO AIR said:
I'm saddened you feel that way about MLK Jr. The man was not anywhere near perfect (as sadly we remember him today) but his contributions, ideas and sacrifice for the cause of human rights and this very nation we call America should never be forgotten or discounted as some are trying to. I would be glad to give up MLK Jr's holiday if more and more people would take his true legacy of social justice and brave morality and further it. Not everyone can be Jesus, in fact no one can be Jesus, he was, is and will be the only perfect man on this Earth and I doubt anyone could even be near perfect and come close to accomplishing what our greatest citizens have; MLK Jr., Ronald Reagan, FDR, Abe Lincoln and Thomas Jefferson.

If you want to read a book that shows the true MLK Jr. (yes his womanizing, plagarizing, etc etc is revealed in brutal honesty in it) while perhaps expanding and maybe even allowing you a new look at him with some respect and appreciation, read Michael Eric Dyson's "I May Not Get There With You."

Merry Christmas Merlin

http://www.kkk.bz/abolish.htm
This article is one of many about him that I believe. The only thing i agree with him on is the last paragraph where he supports interracial marriage. That is a persons personal prerogative.

Abolish the KING Holiday!

by Dr. Ed Fields *

Martin Luther King was affiliated with 60 Communist Fronts. He openly incited violence under the banner of "nonviolence." King led a bizarre sex life which included acts of shocking perversion. On Jan. 31, 1977 Coretta Scott King obtained a federal court order sealing for 50 years 845 pages of FBI records about her husband, "because its release would destroy his reputation!" Still a cowardly, spineless Congress voted to make King's birthday a national holiday. This is should be an outrage to all Christians. The King Holiday act must be repealed!

The life story of Martin Luther King is shocking and disgraceful from beginning to end. He was born with the name Michael King on Jan. 15, 1929. In 1935 his preacher father, "Daddy" King, decided to name himself after the great Protestant reformer Martin Luther. He announced to his congregation that henceforth he was to be called Martin Luther King and his son Martin Luther King, Jr. "Daddy" King never bothered to have this act legalized in court. Thus, his son's real name is Michael King! The holiday should actually be called "Michael" King Day!

It was not some "right-winger" who had King's office and hotel rooms bugged. This order was signed by then U.S. Attorney General Bobby Kennedy on Oct. 10, 1963. Evidence proved that King was under the direct orders of Soviet spies and financed by the Communist Party. The Kennedy tapings continued for 5 years and also developed shocking revelations regarding King's sexual practices.

Negro Bayard Rustin is a former organizer for the Young Communist League. He spent 60 days in a California jail on a 1953 conviction for performing lewd homosexual acts in public. He also served 28 months in prison for draft evasion. Today Rustin is paid by Jewish organizations for use of his name as a "signer" of ads urging "Black-Jewish Unity." He was King's secretary and advisor from 1956 to 1960. During this period Rustin attended the National Convention of the Communist Party in 1957 as an "honored observer." King called him a "a brilliant, efficient, and dedicated organizer." It was Rustin who introduced King to a Soviet spy named Stanley D. Levison. He was a New York Lawyer and vice-president of the N.Y. Council of the American Jewish Congress. Levison's job was to launder the $1million subsidy Soviet Russia gave to finance the U.S. Communist Party. Levison proved important financial, organizational and public relations services for King. After King's death his wife, Corretta Scott King described Levison's role as, "always working in the background, his contribution has been indispensable." Levison wrote an obituary for King and described America as a "nation tenaciously racist... sick with violence...and corrosive with alienation. The civil rights liberation struggle is the most positive and rewarding area of work anyone could experience."

The money which the Soviet Union funneled to Levison came from a Jew named Isidore G. Needleman. He was a KGB secret police agent who fronted as an officer of AMTORG, the trading company in New York City which buys U.S. goods for shipment to Russia. There are so many Jews in the Communist Party the FBI hired two Jewish brothers, Morris Childs and Jack Childs as spies planned inside the Communist Party. For 30 years, Morris Childs was formerly a member of the National Committee of the Communist party and once served as editor of the Daily Worker. Childs reported that after the death of the Jew William Weiner, who was treasurer of the Communist Party, it was Stanley Levison who took over this vital post.

King Sabotaged The Vietnam War Effort

Soviet Spy Stanley Levison instructed King to support the "Student Strike Against the Vietnam War" on Dec. 30, 1966. In a major speech delivered at the Riverside Church in New York City on April 4, 1967 King attacked the U.S. troops as foreign conquerors and oppressors, describing them as, "like Nazis!" King called the U.S. government, "the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today" and South Vietnam leader Diem as "one of the most vicious modern dictators."

King urged American boys to refuse to serve in the U.S. Forces in Vietnam. Even the liberal Life Magazine of April 21, 1967 described Kings' speech as "a demagogic slander that sounded like a script for Radio Hanoi!"

Famous Photo of King at

Communist Party Training School

On this page is the photo taken Sept. 2, 1957 of King attending the Highlander Folk School which the Communist Party operated at Monteagle, Tenn. Identified in the picture is No. 1 King, No. 2, Abner Berry, member of the Central Committee of the Communist Party and writer for the "Daily Worker," No. 3, Aubrey Williams, Communist Party agent and president of the Southern Conference Educational Fund (SCEF) a red front organizing blacks in southern states. No. 4, Miles Horton, head of the Highlander Folk School King was listed on the schools' letterhead as a "sponsor."

The Highlander school was financed by the Julius Rosenwald Fund. At one time Rosenwald headed Sears Roebuck Co. He spent $22 million financing civil rights groups. His daughter Edith Stern continued to give money to the SCEF and Highlander Folk School after her father's death. Her husband, Alfred stern of New Orleans, fled to Russia just before he was to be arrested on spy charges.

King Pictured With Three Top Reds

The next photo of King is extremely important as it identifies King with Carl and Ann Branden. They are lifelong Communist Party activists out of Louisville, Ky. Both were leaders in SCEF, Carl Branden was convicted of criminal sedition in 1954. He and his wife purchased a home for blacks in a white neighborhood to incite racial violence. Later they were charged with bombing the same house to win sympathy for their cause and to raise money. Ann Braden today is a founder of the Atlanta based "Center for Democratic Renewal" which smears Conservative patriots.

Carl Braden is now dead but his wife Ann is still very active. Below is the photo of Dr. James Dombrowski, a director of the SEFF and a Communist organizer. Also note Photostat of SCEF check to King signed by Dombrowski and Benjamin Smith, who was a registered Foreign Agent for Fidel Castro.

Communists Promoted King

A number of communists who left the party have reported they were ordered to do all within their power to support King's activities. A black woman, Julia Brown, was a communist in Cleveland for nine. years. She said"

"We were told to promote King, to unite Negroes and Whites behind him, and to turn him into a sort of national hero . We were to look to King as the leader in this struggle, the Communists said, because he was on our side. While in the party I learned that King attended a communist training school, that several of his aides were communists and that he received funds from Communists and took directions from them. He was one of their biggest heroes."

The U. S. Congressional Record of March 30, 1965 quotes Karl Prussian, an FBI counterspy inside the Communist Party as swearing: "At all of these (Communist Party) meetings Rev. Martin Luther King was always set forth as the individual to whom Communists should rally around... King has either been a member of, or willingly accepted support from over 60 Communist fronts... King accepted support from communist fronts , individuals and organizations which espouse communist causes."

King's violence called "" Nonviolence"

King was the master of the art of "double-talk." Wherever King went violence followed. King incited riots in Birmingham, Montgomery, St. Augustine, Cleveland, Chicago, Albany et., etc. In the next several paragraphs you will see kings Double - Talk technique. On July 28, 1967 King said:

I can't recommend burning down Cleveland. We end up getting killed more than anyone else and our businesses get burned." Notice he does not condemn violence - his criticism is only because they might get killed! In Birmingham, May 4, 1963, King stated: I have a deep commitment to nonviolence. It took police and fire hoses to quell rioting blacks.

King wrote: "The purpose of our direct action programs to create a crisis packed situation. We who engage in nonviolent direct action are not the creators of tension. We merely bring to the surface the hidden tension that is already alive."

In August of that year he said: "Negroes will be mentally healthier if they do not suppress rage."

Chicago riots broke out when King marched his mobs into an all White neighborhood. He explained that this brought out the hatred in whites for the world to see. That night he spoke before the West Side Club under a sign which read: Burn Baby Burn -Boycott baby Boycott." That night roving bands of blacks broke windows, looted stores, stoned police cars, etc. similar to the recent events in Cleveland.

J. Edgar Hoover called King, "The most notorious liar in the country." He also said King posed a "danger" to the nation!

King was a sexual pervert

Under the order of U. S. Attorney General Bobby Kennedy, the FBI wired King's offices, and hotel rooms from 1963 to 1968. These tapes notably records his transactions with communist agents, but also wild interracial sex orgies which included acts of perversion. King's aids would use tax exempt money donated to his southern Christian Leadership conference to hire White prostitutes to perform sexual acts with him. King often would use two prostitute at the same time. These shocking tapes were ordered sealed for 50 years by U.S. Federal Judge John Smith Jr. on January 31, 1977. In other words we will not be able to learn all the gory details until the year 2027. some 90 congressmen, led by the late rep. Larry McDonald, urged Congress to find out what was on these tapes before they approved the disgraceful King Holiday Bill. A cowardly and spineless Congress voted 338 to 90 approving the King Holiday.

Still, many have been able to learn some of the shocking incidents recorded in the King tapes. Washington's old Willard Hotel was the scene of King forcing White women to drink "black Russian" and performing sexual acts with him. In Las Vegas King's aids paid $100 each to prostitutes to join him in orgies. In New York city King got drunk and threatened a young White girl working for civil rights to submit to his strange sexual tastes or he would jump from the 13th floor window. She succumbed to prove to loyalty to King. In Norway, King was nude when stopped by police while chasing a woman down a hotel corridor. In Los Angeles a dentist supporter of King was outraged when he discovered his wife engaged in weird sexual acts with the civil rights leader. King was forced to flee the city after the dentist threatened to kill him. This escapade was taped on February 20, 1968. The following April someone else would shoot King. Is this the kind of man we want to hold up to our children to be honored as a national hero?

King Supported Interracial Marriage

The New York Post of July 1, 1958, interviewed King who stated: "I'm sure that integration will lead to intermarriage." This is part of the Communist/one worlder's scheme to weaken America. Mongrelized naitons have never been racially strong enough to defend themselves from dictatorships. William Z. Foster head of the Communist Party in the 1940's stated in his book, Toward a Soviet America, "The American Soviet will, of course, abolish all restrictions upon racial intermarriage... The revolution will only hasten this process of integration, already proceeding throughout he world with increasing temp." (pages 305-306)

The only way we can expose King's dream for a Communist America is to reach enough people with his true life story.

wow, i have never seen that much ignorant hate spewed on someone before on this board.

i feel for you merlin. it must hurt something fierce to hate like that. :rolleyes:

NATO AIR said:
wow, i have never seen that much ignorant hate spewed on someone before on this board.

i feel for you merlin. it must hurt something fierce to hate like that. :rolleyes:

Nope, doesn't feel bad at all. I hate just 4 things in this world. All just about the same passion. mlk, clinton, supreme court, and the a.c.l.u.

Forum List

Back