Bush has done a big favor for bin Laden

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Lou_Sir, Sep 20, 2004.

1. Lou_Sir

Lou_Sir Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Bush claims that the world is much safer now than before the war, but that’s not true. The State Department admitted there was an increase in terrorist activity last year and bin Laden, the world’s most dangerous terrorist, is still free as a bird. It’s amazing how Bush has the nerve to say he’s doing a good job on war on terror because anyone who reads newspapers can see that there is now much more terrorism than before the war. The fact is, Bush hasn’t made the world safer. On the contrary, Bush did a big favor for bin Laden by focusing on Iraq instead of tracking down members of al Qaeda in Afghanistan. Bin Laden is smiling because Bush got America into a guerilla war. Al Qaeda has regrouped because in early 2002 the Bush administration focused on Iraq and ignored pleas to commit more forces to Afghanistan. As a result, Taliban is resurgent and bin Laden is free as a bird. Most Americans still believe Bush is doing a good job protecting America, but their belief is false. Bush’s reputation for being tough on terror is based on image, not reality.

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Feel better now?

3. Ali

Ali Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like even your biggest allies are turning against you.

4. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    You're right. I guess we just might as well surrender, eh?

5. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    What else is new?-----we're finding out just now how badly they have been screwing us and Iraq in the Food for Oil program !

6. Ali

Ali Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    What you gonna do when Labour lose the next election and the Brits pull out?

Best you think hard about it. 'cos it will happen. Sir Ivor Roberts is not the only Briton who thinks Bush is the problem.

7. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    We will stay the course of course !

8. Jimmyeatworld

Jimmyeatworld Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    We are safer. One of the most important things to cut off from terrorists is financial support. Taking out Saddam cut a huge amount of that support out, something that is becoming more and more clear as the details of the Oil for Food scandal come out.

Of course there was an increase in terrorist activity, the terrorist are at war. This is the way they go to war. I suppose you think it was better when terrorists were making attacks and going unchallenged? I do find it odd that you consider hiding in the mountains and, last I saw, fading into a skinny, frail old man as being free as a bird.

You like to repeat yourself, don't you? For the most part, the resurgent terrorists are in Iraq, not Afghanistan. As far as protecting America, there have been at least two terrorist attacks that were stopped before they got started on American soil in the last several weeks. There hasn't been another attack on our soil since the 911 attack. What exactly is false about the job President Bush is doing? I think it's your opinion that's based on political bias, not reality.

9. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708

Hmmm, I guess the US will collapse into ruin. Of course, that's what the Brits thought after the American Revolution. If the Brits do pull out (Bless their pea pickin lil hearts), I guess we wont be friends anymore, eh? They can be pals with France again.

10. Jimmyeatworld

Jimmyeatworld Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    No. Looks like there's one guy with an opinion that he never intended to be made public.