Bush has done a big favor for bin Laden

L

Lou_Sir

Bush claims that the world is much safer now than before the war, but that’s not true. The State Department admitted there was an increase in terrorist activity last year and bin Laden, the world’s most dangerous terrorist, is still free as a bird. It’s amazing how Bush has the nerve to say he’s doing a good job on war on terror because anyone who reads newspapers can see that there is now much more terrorism than before the war. The fact is, Bush hasn’t made the world safer. On the contrary, Bush did a big favor for bin Laden by focusing on Iraq instead of tracking down members of al Qaeda in Afghanistan. Bin Laden is smiling because Bush got America into a guerilla war. Al Qaeda has regrouped because in early 2002 the Bush administration focused on Iraq and ignored pleas to commit more forces to Afghanistan. As a result, Taliban is resurgent and bin Laden is free as a bird. Most Americans still believe Bush is doing a good job protecting America, but their belief is false. Bush’s reputation for being tough on terror is based on image, not reality.

ROME (Reuters) - Britain's ambassador to Italy has called President Bush "the best recruiting sergeant" for al Qaeda, Italian media reported Monday.

Roberts was quoted as telling an annual Anglo-Italian gathering in Tuscany: "If anyone is ready to celebrate the eventual re-election of Bush, it's al Qaeda."
Looks like even your biggest allies are turning against you.

Ali said:
Looks like even your biggest allies are turning against you.

What else is new?-----we're finding out just now how badly they have been screwing us and Iraq in the Food for Oil program !

CSM said:
You're right. I guess we just might as well surrender, eh?
What you gonna do when Labour lose the next election and the Brits pull out?

Best you think hard about it. 'cos it will happen. Sir Ivor Roberts is not the only Briton who thinks Bush is the problem.

Ali said:

Best you think hard about it. 'cos it will happen. Sir Ivor Roberts is not the only Briton who thinks Bush is the problem.

We will stay the course of course !

Lou_Sir said:
Bush claims that the world is much safer now than before the war, but that’s not true.

We are safer. One of the most important things to cut off from terrorists is financial support. Taking out Saddam cut a huge amount of that support out, something that is becoming more and more clear as the details of the Oil for Food scandal come out.

Lou_Sir said:
The State Department admitted there was an increase in terrorist activity last year and bin Laden, the world’s most dangerous terrorist, is still free as a bird. It’s amazing how Bush has the nerve to say he’s doing a good job on war on terror because anyone who reads newspapers can see that there is now much more terrorism than before the war.

Of course there was an increase in terrorist activity, the terrorist are at war. This is the way they go to war. I suppose you think it was better when terrorists were making attacks and going unchallenged? I do find it odd that you consider hiding in the mountains and, last I saw, fading into a skinny, frail old man as being free as a bird.

Lou_Sir said:
The fact is, Bush hasn’t made the world safer. On the contrary, Bush did a big favor for bin Laden by focusing on Iraq instead of tracking down members of al Qaeda in Afghanistan. Bin Laden is smiling because Bush got America into a guerilla war. Al Qaeda has regrouped because in early 2002 the Bush administration focused on Iraq and ignored pleas to commit more forces to Afghanistan. As a result, Taliban is resurgent and bin Laden is free as a bird. Most Americans still believe Bush is doing a good job protecting America, but their belief is false. Bush’s reputation for being tough on terror is based on image, not reality.

You like to repeat yourself, don't you? For the most part, the resurgent terrorists are in Iraq, not Afghanistan. As far as protecting America, there have been at least two terrorist attacks that were stopped before they got started on American soil in the last several weeks. There hasn't been another attack on our soil since the 911 attack. What exactly is false about the job President Bush is doing? I think it's your opinion that's based on political bias, not reality.

Ali said:

Hmmm, I guess the US will collapse into ruin. Of course, that's what the Brits thought after the American Revolution. If the Brits do pull out (Bless their pea pickin lil hearts), I guess we wont be friends anymore, eh? They can be pals with France again.

CSM said:
Hmmm, I guess the US will collapse into ruin. Of course, that's what the Brits thought after the American Revolution. If the Brits do pull out (Bless their pea pickin lil hearts), I guess we wont be friends anymore, eh? They can be pals with France again.
UK was never pals with France, the only reason France helped your sorry asses during the AR was because they hated the British.

Jeez, what do they teach you guys at school over there?

Ali said:
UK was never pals with France, the only reason France helped your sorry asses during the AR was because they hated the British.

France hated the British??? No kiddin?? You sure they weren't ever friends???
Gosh, I sure wish I had one of them thar Europeeen edumacations, then I could be smart like you all!

Seriously, it wont matter all that much if the Brits pull out. The USA will stay the course IF Bush remains president.

Ali said:

They taught us that you'd be speaking German in Paris if it weren't for the USA in 1918 and 1944. So we'll consider it an even trade for some help against the British in the Revolution and the Statue of Liberty.

gop_jeff said:
They taught us that you'd be speaking German in Paris if it weren't for the USA in 1918 and 1944. So we'll consider it an even trade for some help against the British in the Revolution and the Statue of Liberty.

What help might that be? The French didnt show up till the final battle and all they did there was prevent Cornwallis from leaving. Yet despite the fact that did very little for us we were still very grateful for that. grateful enough so that we were willing to liberate them twice. And do they have any gratitute for us giving thousands of lives to liberate France? no. Yet we will probably continue saving their butts. Cause thats what we do. We are the good guys.

What help might that be? The French didnt show up till the final battle and all they did there was prevent Cornwallis from leaving. Yet despite the fact that did very little for us we were still very grateful for that.

What ?
without the 8,000 French soldiers, who were the best soldiers in the wolrd with the british ones of course, you would never be able to liberate yourself. The Americans were tired - they fight not so good as the beginning - and the french army saves your asses at Yorktown. Without 8000 men, how could you take it ?
without the french fleet too...

I had to eat, i come back soon.

padisha emperor said:
What ?
without the 8,000 French soldiers, who were the best soldiers in the wolrd with the british ones of course, you would never be able to liberate yourself. The Americans were tired - they fight not so good as the beginning - and the french army saves your asses at Yorktown. Without 8000 men, how could you take it ?
without the french fleet too...

I had to eat, i come back soon.

It's pretty sad when you have to go back 230 years to find the last time France lifted a finger to help somebody. Compare that to the reverse situation. There are Americans that are still alive today that you owe thanks to for whatever life you have.

If not for the American soldier in World War 2, a hell of a lot more than 8,000 of them, how could you take it?

And do they have any gratitute for us giving thousands of lives to liberate France? no. Yet we will probably continue saving their butts. Cause thats what we do. We are the good guys.
go in France, and look at the cemetaries. excpet the one desecrated by assholes, they are really perfect.
Look to all the votive tablets, who honour the US and UK, and Canadian......troops.
But most frequently the US troops.

We are really grateful. be sure.but be grateful, it doesn't mean follow always you, above all if we think it is bad, unfair.

For WWI, you were good, but don't think YOU won the war.
French and English did the bigger.

No. Looks like there's one guy with an opinion that he never intended to be made public

jimmyeatworld.....
A politic man is hypocrit. So, he says something nice in front of you, and strikes you in your back - not all, but a lot - .
So, if , as you said, Sir Ivor Roberts never wanted to make this sentence public, he THOUGHT THAT !!!!!!

Anyway, British don't like you, even politics - above all politics ? - so.....try to find an other "faithfull" ally in Europe...of copurse !! Turkey...tha's why you do all for it entrance....

And Bush is really a gift of God for Al Quaeda.

Lou Sir
Bush claims that the world is much safer now than before the war, but that’s not true

Jimmyeatworld (again ? wow)
We are safer

No, Jimmy, you miss the point.
Lou Sir spoke of WORLD. you, of USA. USA are not the world...
because when i say "the world hates you".............
USA are not really safer. More terrorists than before want to strike USA. More people hate you.
USA are unsafe

And....the world is really not safer. this is worse than before.
Before, we had some terrorists...and just them.
now, we have more terrorists, and USA lead by Bush, and their army......boy....what for an horror !
the 2 sides are dangerous.

padisha emperor said:
go in France, and look at the cemetaries. excpet the one desecrated by assholes, they are really perfect.
Look to all the votive tablets, who honour the US and UK, and Canadian......troops.

We are really grateful. be sure.but be grateful, it doesn't mean follow always you, above all if we think it is bad, unfair.

jimmyeatworld.....
A politic man is hypocrit. So, he says something nice in front of you, and strikes you in your back - not all, but a lot - .
So, if , as you said, Sir Ivor Roberts never wanted to make this sentence public, he THOUGHT THAT !!!!!!

Anyway, British don't like you, even politics - above all politics ? - so.....try to find an other "faithfull" ally in Europe...of copurse !! Turkey...tha's why you do all for it entrance....

Lou Sir

USA are not really safer. More terrorists than before want to strike USA. More people hate you.
USA are unsafe

now, we have more terrorists, and USA lead by Bush, and their army......boy....what for an horror !

As far as the Brit, they have Conservatives and Liberals just like we do. What a shock if he took a liberal point of view. That said, it's still essentially a rumor that he even said it to begin with. Regardless, one person doesn't speak for an entire nation.

I was talking about the world.
No, not more people hate the U.S. Name one source of hate that's there now that wasn't there before.

I can't decipher enough of the rest of that message to respond.

padisha emperor said:

jimmyeatworld.....

Lou Sir

USA are unsafe

PE, you are correct of course. The USA is not the entire world. My question is: What has the WORLD done to make the planet safer? Where is the world effort to eliminate terrorism? On the other side of the coin, what has the WORLD done to try to restrain the US? Where is the cry for appeasement of the US matching the cry for appeasement of the terrorists?

On one hand, I hear some saying the US is responsible for the increase in terrorism, yet I see very few holding the terrorists accountable for their actions.

No sarcasm here; I would really like to hear your solution that would curb terrorism AND remedy the apparent irresponsible US actions.

CSM.

the world will be safer with USA, sure, but the world will be also devasted and without inhabitants......a vacuum world is safer.
Annihilating countries is not the solution.
You seems to be like Dark Vador in Star wars : to eliminate the Rebels, he destruct, Aldeerande, a whole planet. You did the same, you are doing the samen, and you certainly will do the same again. Vador's planet is a country for you, the Death Star is your armies, your weapons, and BUSH.

Of course, 9/11 was an awful tragedy, inderscriptible. an huge horror.
but it doesn't justify the fact of killing thousands and thousands of Iraqi, Afghans......when they are civilians and not terrorists.

hate call hate : killing people would make people more and mor hateful against you.

Try a friendly politic !!!! try to have support and allies in the muslim world ! the terrorists would have no more support...and you would be able to kill or catch them WITHOUT killing a whole nation.

jimmyeatworld :
one person doesn't speak for an entire nation.

Are you blind ? read that :

posted by Ali
Sir Ivor Roberts is not the only Briton who thinks Bush is the problem.
and befor, he said also that Brits hate Bush.
So....he doesn't speak for his nation. his nation speak for him.
His nation doesn't like you.

Forum List

Back