Bush hands Obama the presidency... (stops offshore drilling ban)

omg.. I'm never going to drive again .. I just read this article..
stupid dumbass...

Please be easy on yourself. I understand you were only repeating the democratic talking points.....you don't have to call yourself a stupid dumbass.....

The U.S. Minerals Management Service notes that only one of three wells results in a discovery of oil that can be recovered economically. In deeper water, it's one of five. All this involves huge risks, capital investment – and time.
Obama's Dry Hole - WSJ.com
Utter crap btw.. for one thing you grossly exaggerated your facts and number two WSJ online is like quoting the fox news business channel...

This was Jeepers response;

We shall see when this plays out.. again.. the poll was based on a hypothetical .. this fight will be all about NIMBY...

Then another enviromentalist called Floridans stupid.....

This was Jeepers response;

We shall see when this plays out.. again.. the poll was based on a hypothetical .. this fight will be all about NIMBY...

The vast majority of the people in Florida aren't lucky enough to have the ocean in their backyard.

If gas stays high I think sentiment will continue to sway toward drilling.

The vast majority of the people in Florida aren't lucky enough to have the ocean in their backyard.

If gas stays high I think sentiment will continue to sway toward drilling.

Even if they did have an ocean in their backyard they wouldn't be able to see the drilling platforms. Considering it would still be 100 miles offshore.....

I think Jreeves uses the bombard them with posts strat.

Oh and the Vast majority of people in Florida in fact live with in 8 miles of the coast.

That's not quite the same thing. Assuming the drilling would be visible in the first place.

Of course, and no most drilling would not be visible, But I think the fear is oil spills, having lived near Naples for 3 years, I know they are worried about Oil spills, rationally or not.

Of course, and no most drilling would not be visible, But I think the fear is oil spills, having lived near Naples for 3 years, I know they are worried about Oil spills, rationally or not.

I believe its an uninformed paranoia....

We need to drill.

The enviroment is screwed anyway.

That'll surely help the tourism industry. And not only will there be pipelines in sight, there might even been oil spills when the hurricanes come in. Katrina caused a lot of oil spills.

BS....it is a lot safer to drill offshore than it is to ship oil from around the globe. Exxon Valdez spill?

Not sure why you think lifting the ban hands Obama the win when a large majority of Americans are for drilling. If anything it helps McCain and hurts Obama.

Forum List

Back