Bush hands Obama the presidency... (stops offshore drilling ban)

Jeepers

Feb 11, 2008
Charleston SC
Just caught some breaking news about the ban reversal... I wonder how floridians are going to react to this... Mac needs Florida and they would most likely side with Obama on this...

Wuh? How can he override state's rights like that?

Its the federal ban.. the fight will now go to the states... this is why Obama will clean up in Florida... Move could also damage Crist who up to this point has been a popular guy...

Its the federal ban.. the fight will now go to the states... this is why Obama will clean up in Florida... Move could also damage Crist who up to this point has been a popular guy...

Crist was popular for about two months until he started bidding to be VP. It's also pretty sad that quite a few Floridians are getting shaky on the oil issue.

Just caught some breaking news about the ban reversal... I wonder how floridians are going to react to this... Mac needs Florida and they would most likely side with Obama on this...

Opps....

There’s a new poll out about offshore drilling, and it’s a gas. It says that sure enough, green is great as long as folks can still afford to drive to work. Otherwise, hand them some weed killer.
InsiderAdvantage/Poll Position conducted a poll this week that was commissioned by the Associated Industries of Florida. We appreciate their permission to make reference to and observations about their poll.

This sums it up: “Do you favor or oppose increased exploration and production of oil and natural gas off the coasts of Florida?”

Favor (61%)
Oppose (32%)
No opinion (7%)

The poll was conducted June 24 among 685 registered voters in Florida, for a margin of error of plus or minus 3.6%. Data have been weighted for age, race, gender and political affiliation.

Southern Political Report

Opps....

There’s a new poll out about offshore drilling, and it’s a gas. It says that sure enough, green is great as long as folks can still afford to drive to work. Otherwise, hand them some weed killer.
InsiderAdvantage/Poll Position conducted a poll this week that was commissioned by the Associated Industries of Florida. We appreciate their permission to make reference to and observations about their poll.

This sums it up: “Do you favor or oppose increased exploration and production of oil and natural gas off the coasts of Florida?”

Favor (61%)
Oppose (32%)
No opinion (7%)

The poll was conducted June 24 among 685 registered voters in Florida, for a margin of error of plus or minus 3.6%. Data have been weighted for age, race, gender and political affiliation.

Southern Political Report
Yeah.. that was a hypothetical poll.. now its going to be rammed down their throats.. not only that the public is catching on to the hype and spin trying to connect supply issues to the astronomical price in fuel...

Yeah.. that was a hypothetical poll.. now its going to be rammed down their throats.. not only that the public is catching on to the hype and spin trying to connect supply issues to the astronomical price in fuel...

Sure....61% are in favor but it will be rammed down their throats. It doesn't seem there is any persuasion that has to happen, they are in favor of it.

:eusa_whistle:

It speaks to the stupidity of the average voter, imo.
Fifty-nine percent (59%) of Florida voters favor offshore drilling while 32% are opposed. Eighty-three percent (83%) of Republicans favor offshore drilling and unaffiliated voters favor it by a 54% to 34% margin. Democrats are more evenly divided—38% favor drilling while 50% are opposed. Nationally,support for drilling is also at 59%. Over the past couple of weeks, Obama has persuaded some Democrats to oppose the concept but had no measurable impact on Republicans and unaffiliated voters.
Fifty-five percent (55%) of Florida voters say it’s likely that offshore drilling will reduce the price of gas and oil while 39% disagree.
Rasmussen Reports: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election.

Sure....61% are in favor but it will be rammed down their throats. It doesn't seem there is any persuasion that has to happen, they are in favor of it.

:eusa_whistle:
We shall see when this plays out.. again.. the poll was based on a hypothetical .. this fight will be all about NIMBY...

I know those stupid Florida voters, they just don't buy all this lefty enviromentalist BS flying around. :rolleyes:

I still haven't been able to ascertain the enviromental risks the left elludes to when referring to offshore drilling? Do you have an answer?

Yes. Oil spills, overburdened ports, refineries polluting the coastline and the air...it will hurt the tourist industry, which is practically the only industry we have. We don't want to be another LA.

There is no evidence that increasing oil supplies will lower prices, in fact the evidence is against it. So this is nothing more than the Republicans pandering for votes and making their biggest lobbyist, big oil, happy.

I saw a poll, over 65% of Floridians supported drilling.

Yes. Oil spills, overburdened ports, refineries polluting the coastline and the air...it will hurt the tourist industry, which is practically the only industry we have. We don't want to be another LA.

There is no evidence that increasing oil supplies will lower prices, in fact the evidence is against it. So this is nothing more than the Republicans pandering for votes and making their biggest lobbyist, big oil, happy.

Can you cite for me the last time there was an oil spill directly attibuted to oil drilling? Don't you think that transporting the oil from around the globe is more prone to oil spills than piping it in off the coast of Florida? Refineries isn't part of the drilling process, that happens after the crude is extracted. It will hurt Florida's tourism if they drill 100 miles off of shore, are you serious?

Can you cite for me the last time there was an oil spill directly attibuted to oil drilling? Don't you think that transporting the oil from around the globe is more prone to oil spills than piping it in off the coast of Florida? Refineries isn't part of the drilling process, that happens after the crude is extracted. It will hurt Florida's tourism if they drill 100 miles off of shore, are you serious?

Sure, it easily could.

Can you explain to me how drilling will reduce the cost of oil?

So your in favor of sending as much money as we can to the middle east aye?
No, I'd rather find alternative sources and conserve.

But please, I really don't understand how people think this would reduce the cost of gasoline since oil is sold on the world market. If we were supplying only ourselves and if we actually had enough oil to do that it might make sense. Otherwise, it makes no sense at all.

Forum List

Back