Bush had Congress and you complained.

You on the left complained for 7 years that Bush had an illegal war in Iraq, even though he got the authority for said war from Congress.

Obama does not have Congressional authority for war in Libya and I don't hear a peep from the left. I wonder why that is?

Of course we're not going to hear a peep from the left. They never gave a shit about our Constitution or laws, during the Bush era or Obama era. All they care about is their man is in power, and they will gladly let him act like a dictator breaking whatever laws he wants while he governs. The left only pretends to care about Constitutional rights when it suits them....look at the Patriot Act and how much they ranted and raved during the Bush years, yet when Obama renews it, there isn't a peep.

The left doesn't give a shit about anyone's rights, all they care about is getting whatever free handouts they can get from the government because they are too lazy to work to earn their own wealth.

You on the left complained for 7 years that Bush had an illegal war in Iraq, even though he got the authority for said war from Congress.

Obama does not have Congressional authority for war in Libya and I don't hear a peep from the left. I wonder why that is?

If you cannot see the difference between attacking a country with the world condemning you for it, and being part of an alliance and assisting your allies, those of us on the left cannot help you.

The world did not condemn us. That is the talking points of the left. Only France and Belgium in Europe condemned the attack and France did it because THEY made deals with Iraq to lift sanctions and ain oil contracts. That leaves Russia and China and both of them had deals with Saddam also and were working to lift sanctions.

But back to the point. NONE of those Countries determine how our Government works. Our Constitution and our Congress and Courts do that. Currently, right or wrong we have a law that STATES US military force can not be used except with the permission of Congress after 60 days. Obama never ask for that Permission and has stated he will continue his war illegally even if Congress tells him no.

And you dumb asses don't care.

France does not tell us what we will or will not do, nor do they have the power to compel our President or Congress to act in a manner of their choosing. Nor does Russia or China.

Obama is in violation of the War Powers Act, a US law that has not been challenged in Court. A law the Left CREATED.

So lets get this straight.... No one on the left cares what Obama does because he is a Democrat, RIGHT?

You, like many Americans are isolated and have no idea what is going on in the world. I live in Europe, and believe me, America was condemned for invading Iraq. In Dublin there was a protest where 100,000 people showed up. To get that many Irish people out to an event where no alcohol is being served is quite an accomplishment.

If you cannot see the difference between attacking a country with the world condemning you for it, and being part of an alliance and assisting your allies, those of us on the left cannot help you.

The world did not condemn us. That is the talking points of the left. Only France and Belgium in Europe condemned the attack and France did it because THEY made deals with Iraq to lift sanctions and ain oil contracts. That leaves Russia and China and both of them had deals with Saddam also and were working to lift sanctions.

But back to the point. NONE of those Countries determine how our Government works. Our Constitution and our Congress and Courts do that. Currently, right or wrong we have a law that STATES US military force can not be used except with the permission of Congress after 60 days. Obama never ask for that Permission and has stated he will continue his war illegally even if Congress tells him no.

And you dumb asses don't care.

France does not tell us what we will or will not do, nor do they have the power to compel our President or Congress to act in a manner of their choosing. Nor does Russia or China.

Obama is in violation of the War Powers Act, a US law that has not been challenged in Court. A law the Left CREATED.

So lets get this straight.... No one on the left cares what Obama does because he is a Democrat, RIGHT?

You, like many Americans are isolated and have no idea what is going on in the world. I live in Europe, and believe me, America was condemned for invading Iraq. In Dublin there was a protest where 100,000 people showed up. To get that many Irish people out to an event where no alcohol is being served is quite an accomplishment.

Ireland? Who gives a rats ass about Ireland? You have no power to compel the US to do anything. More European Countries supported the war then did not. Spain, Italy, Britain and several eastern European Countries sent troops. Germany opposed it but only because since WW2 they have become pussies. France only opposed it because they had deals with Saddam after they lifted sanctions. Over 30 Countries supported the war.

I agree the War Powers act is Unconstitutional, but not because Congress has somehow failed to do its job, rather because it Unconstitutionally restricts the Executive. There has never been a requirement that every use of the military require a declaration of war. That has been true since the VERY beginning of the Country under the Constitution.

It is also true that under our laws if Congress passes a Law and it is approved by the President or Congress over rides a Veto it is the LAW until properly challenged in Court and ruled Unconstitutional.

The President has no authority to simply ignore the law.

The president has no authority to declare war. And any military action requires Congressional authorization, Article I, Section 8 is very clear on this:

[Congress has the authority] To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;

To provide and maintain a Navy…

There was even a time limit on the authorization, the original intent was to restrict military engagements; that this has been ignored and violated doesn’t justify such actions.

Unfortunately this will not be resolved anytime soon, as the courts refuse to weigh in on the issue:

Dellums v. Bush: Great American Court Cases

The President is Commander in chief of ALL military forces. He is free to use them in any manner he chooses outside the borders of the US. Congress must declare war but they DO NOT have to go that far.Hell in 1798 we were fighting the Barbary pirates and did so until the 1805 or so. All with no declaration of war. None of the Indian wars were declared. We fought them from the inception of the Country till about 1900. In the early 1900's we INVADED Mexico to fight Pancho Villa, No declaration of war. In the 1920' though 1930's we fought in Central America and the Caribbean actually setting up foreign Governments.

Congress has ultimate power via the purse strings. They stop foreign intervention by passing budgets or special bills outlawing the spending of tax money on such adventures.

Nothing in the Constitution prevents Congress from funding any undeclared war they chose to.

This might help to explain it...stylized version

Chameleon/ Democrat...(family Chamaeleonidae are a distinctive and highly specialized clade of lizards. They are distinguished by their parrot-like zygodactylous feet, their very long, highly modified, and rapidly extrudable tongues, the (suspected) possession by many of a prehensile tail, crests or horns on their distinctively (yet oddly) shaped heads, and the ability of some (ok..most) to change color (and distinctly held opinions).

Chameleon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let's see, I can name a few of those.

John McCain, Charles Krauthammer, Donald Trump, Jim Jeffors, John Boehner, Mike Huckabee, Arianna Huffington.

I'm sure there's more of them out there.

It's sad when a political party has to pull tricks like this, I.E. run clandestine candidates in elections to split the vote and insert undercover political pundits on news programs, just to fool people into following leftist ideology, or discredit their opposition.

Forum List

Back